Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looks like tescos are back

Comment

• found kurt in asda on the new card, very nice too, paying 6.49 for it took the shine off it....but at least theres new gear coming into the uk

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
        found kurt in asda on the new card, very nice too, paying 6.49 for it took the shine off it....but at least theres new gear coming into the uk
        Awesome find, boogity! Congratulations! I understand that the high price took a little of the shine off, but Kurt's a great Car I'm looking forward to.

And your previous post where you mentioned Tesco... my wife and I went to see a play called Calendar Girls last weekend... the setting was a town in the UK... they shopped at Tesco and there was a Tesco bag used as a prop... took me back to the days when I received Cars from UK friends and the Cars were wrapped in bags from Tesco and/or Asda... been awhile.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Found on Saturday November 16 in the UK at TK Maxx and Smyth's by Johnny Hale

Good luck to our UK friends/members finding these new Cars.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• It's about time Smyths got something new, they have tended to buy too many of the same case - maybe unavoidable as the number of retailers stocking Cars in the UK has reduced dramatically. Maybe Mattel need to do the hard sell a little more vigorously? if there's new stuff, it does sell!

Comment

• reckon the decent stuff is smyths

Comment

• Thanks for the heads up Chris!

I picked up Primer Lightning McQueen and Intro Ramone at TK Maxx. £5.99 each on US cardback (and no sellotape unlike the UK/EU versions at TRU a couple of years ago).

Smyths have a new case. I'll post full details, hopefully tomorrow. I bought nine Cars there at £6.99 each.

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                  Thanks for the heads up Chris!

I picked up Primer Lightning McQueen and Intro Ramone at TK Maxx. £5.99 each on US cardback (and no sellotape unlike the UK/EU versions at TRU a couple of years ago).

Smyths have a new case. I'll post full details, hopefully tomorrow. I bought nine Cars there at £6.99 each.
                  You're welcome, niftynigel... I wanted to get the word out... and I'm glad that you were able to find the new Cars at Smyths and get 2 oldie but goodies at TK Maxx... hopefully others will find them too... I have yet to find the last 2 cases of 2020 singles in any store but I have friends who have gotten them for me... now I just have to wait for them to have time to mail them to me.

Anyway, congratulations on your finds! It's always great to find new Cars to add to your collection.

Comment

• I don't know the case number as Smyths had put all the Cars out. It took me some time to look through around 100 plus cars, to find good ones on card. The latest Cars (dated M36A) are similar to the Euro clipstrips. The cards aren't as sturdy as they have been....

Duke Coulters (2no)
                    Haul Inngas
                    Kris Revstopski
                    Shiny Wax Tractor
                    Dave Alternators
                    Motor Turner
                    Strip Weathers (2no)
                    ​​​​​​Randy Lawson
                    Fillmore
                    Bruce Miller
                    Kurt
                    Chick Hicks
                    Terry Kargas
                    Rust-Eze Racing Center Lightning McQueen
                    Chase Racelott
                    Fabulous Lightning McQueen
                    Smokey
                    Herb Curbler
                    Lightning McQueen with Racing Wheels
                    Jackson Storm (2no)
                    Rust-Eze Cruz Ramirez

Comment

• Brilliant finds, niftynigel! Congratulations! That is a really good case... Terry Kargas and Kris Revstopski are significant new versions of previously released Cars... Randy Lawson is a great old time racing Car... Kurt is the new trainee which I realize you in the UK may have already found... The Shiny Wax Tractor is new... Bruce Miller is actually not the Cars 3 Bruce Miller but the RPM #64 Cars 1 Piston Cup Racer. This is the best 2020 singles case so far, in my opinion... I have yet to find it in a store but hopefully will before Christmas.

Comment

• New Cars singles and 2-Packs found at Hamleys. More details to be posted ASAP....

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                          New Cars singles and 2-Packs found at Hamleys. More details to be posted ASAP....
                          Waiting anxiously to see what you found, niftynigel!

Comment

• The singles case found at Hamleys contained the following Cars:

Jackson Storm - 3
                            Cal Weathers - 2
                            Dinoco Cruz Ramirez
                            Fabulous Lightning McQueen
                            Maddy McGear
                            Ryan 'Inside' Laney - 2 - First proper release in the UK
                            Tex Dinoco
                            Fillmore with new expression
                            Shu Todoroki - 2
                            Francesco Bernoulli
                            Sheriff
                            Lightning McQueen with Racing Wheels - 2
                            Raoul CaRoule - 2
                            Greta
                            Doc Hudson
                            Trainer Cruz Ramirez with microphone - NEW
                            Metallic Cal Weathers - NEW

There's certainly three Cars in there that I'd like. I'm not sure I'd want to pay £8 that Hamleys were charging though!

They were dated M38A. I'm not sure when I'm next in London, but I'll try and find out the case number.

Additionally, they had 2-Packs at £21, yes you read that right, £21 - that's over 26 USD each!

Heyday Junior Moon / Eli Turnpike
                            Waitress Mia and Tia
                            Bumper Save Tractor / Rust-Eze Cruz Ramirez
                            Charlie Checker / Race Official Tom
                            Maddy McGear / Melissa Bernabrake
                            Alex Machino / Guiseppe Motorosi
                            Sweet Tea / Guido
                            Brick Yardley / Cal Weathers
                            Eugene Carbureski / Bobby Swift

Dated M37A

I got Heyday Junior Moon / Eli Turnpike and Maddy McGear / Melissa Bernabrake at TK Maxx for £7.99 each.

Comment

• you did well

Comment

• I didn't buy anything. Hopefully, other retailers will pick this case up too? With a few exceptions, the supermarkets appeared to have given up on Cars.

There's really only Disney Stores, Smyths and Hamleys getting stuff on a regular basis now - all of whom get their stock directly from Mattel Europe.

That lends me to think that Mattel UK are no longer promoting Cars in the UK?

Toymaster and The Entertainer just sell sale stuff now rather than the latest mainline. Bentalls have dropped Cars, presumably Fenwicks too?

Comment

Working...
                                X