No announcement yet.

Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2018/19/20/21/22/23 Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't had much of a chance to have a look around for a few weeks until recenty. That's just as well, as there's nothing new in the UK.

Sainsburys have the 965L case (with Junior Moon, Louise Nash etc). Along with the Toons singles, they are now £6.75 in most of my local stores.

Tesco have got loads more 965H cases (with APB, Jimbo etc). They are £6.50.

Toymaster and The Entertainer have got loads of early US Cars 3 cases (A,B,F and G by the looks of it). They are generally £3.99.

The Entertainer have also got some 'short card' singles, many more than are shown on the World of Cars site. They are £6.00.

ASDA have nothing at all!

Morrisons have the 965L case too at £6.50.

Mattel have stopped supplying TRU with new stocks.

Smyths have tons of Cars 3 McQueens - like a sea of red!

Comment

ad to that asda living, spotted a couple of launchers, the 3 pack micros and the micro hauler, there had been a few reductions but nought really left , must have been too late

Comment

Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
        I haven't had much of a chance to have a look around for a few weeks until recenty. That's just as well, as there's nothing new in the UK.

Sainsburys have the 965L case (with Junior Moon, Louise Nash etc). Along with the Toons singles, they are now £6.75 in most of my local stores.

Tesco have got loads more 965H cases (with APB, Jimbo etc). They are £6.50.

Toymaster and The Entertainer have got loads of early US Cars 3 cases (A,B,F and G by the looks of it). They are generally £3.99.

The Entertainer have also got some 'short card' singles, many more than are shown on the World of Cars site. They are £6.00.

ASDA have nothing at all!

Morrisons have the 965L case too at £6.50.

Mattel have stopped supplying TRU with new stocks.

Smyths have tons of Cars 3 McQueens - like a sea of red!
        Hey Nigel, how’s things?

Interesting to read your comment about TRU not getting new stocks from Mattel. I mention it because I was in a store this week and the guy who passed me with a full trolley of stock had 3 boxes of the ‘best of Carstoons’ with Dr Mater, nurse GTO and a bunch of others, 10 per case.

Cheers

Comment

I have seen the 965L case in 3 out of 7 Sainsbury’s visited this week. Cars 3 launchers in Asda & Sainsbury’s. Mini racer 3 packs also in the same store. Not much else to report sadly folks.

Comment

Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
            Hey Nigel, how’s things?

Interesting to read your comment about TRU not getting new stocks from Mattel. I mention it because I was in a store this week and the guy who passed me with a full trolley of stock had 3 boxes of the ‘best of Carstoons’ with Dr Mater, nurse GTO and a bunch of others, 10 per case.

Cheers
            Not that anyone else in the UK is getting anything new, those Toons are what TRU has had for sometime. TRU are just emptying the warehouses as things look pretty bleak at the moment. It's a real shame, just another reflection in the changing face of retail. As the Amazon empire grows (and they move into new markets) there will be more retail casualties. Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned, but you can't beat a good browse in a shop - record stores are my obsession. I can spend hours in record shops, even HMV! HMV at least has the record companies and distributors on it's side, so it'll survive for a few more years (until downloads and streaming make physical media obsolete)!

Comment

bout ye nige, was given two chas n dave lps last week, one was an mfp one and the other was job lot chas and dave, it had the original record merchanders woolworth label on it and inside was a lyrics page, well chuffed, think i,ll frame the cover, it wil go nicely with the other two framed lps I have, steppin razor peter tosh and blackheart man bunny wailer/livingstone

Comment

clearly everyone has lost interest

Comment

It looks like Toys R US may be shutting down completely in the UK - I read about that on a site yesterday.

And boogity, there's not nearly much activity on the various Cars forums (PCD, CTT, TakeFiveADay) these days... I haven't looked at the French Forum much recently so I don't know if people still post or not.

I haven't found any Cars singles from the last 8 cases in stores - i believe it's been November since I last found any new Cars singles in a store... we are starting the 5th month of the 2018 Mattel year tomorrow and there's no poster, not much sign of new inventory other than boxed sets in the US.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                    It looks like Toys R US may be shutting down completely in the UK - I read about that on a site yesterday.

And boogity, there's not nearly much activity on the various Cars forums (PCD, CTT, TakeFiveADay) these days... I haven't looked at the French Forum much recently so I don't know if people still post or not.

I haven't found any Cars singles from the last 8 cases in stores - i believe it's been November since I last found any new Cars singles in a store... we are starting the 5th month of the 2018 Mattel year tomorrow and there's no poster, not much sign of new inventory other than boxed sets in the US.

On my way home from work, I visited my nearest TRU superstore today (Purley Way, Croydon). They've recently had a major refit, which was probably planned long before the extent of their financial woes were known? Anyway, it almost looked like business as usual. No discounts (apart from their extended sale - which didn't amount to much). There was just a single A4 sized notice stating that the UK company had entered administration and the change of terms of purchases etc.

I guess there are very few postings as there's nothing to post about! There are a few cars here and there at stores, mainly Cars 3 stuff, but not much. Sainsburys have raised their prices to £6.75 but do have the first wave of 2017 Toon singles at £3.25. Tesco, ASDA and Morrisons have very little stock, well the ones I've visited anyway! All of them could be ready for new stocks (2018 cars)! Hot Wheels are becoming harder to find. We're on 2018 E case already. We must've missed a few cases!?

Comment

Disney Stores are selling surplus Cars singles for £4. They have large stocks at all the stores I have seen. They said it's because Mattel (have finally) decided to promote 2018 singles in the UK.

They are expected after the Easter break, so around early / mid- April!

Tesco, Smyths is just a sea of red, with loads of McQueen's and a few other peg/shelf warmers.

Sainsburys are selling off Cars 3 and Toon singles for £3.25.

I've been told that ASDA are selling Cars 3 singles for £4.

Morrisons didn't have anything last time I looked.

Toymaster still have loads of early US Cars 3 singles at £3.99.

The Entertainer have loads of US Cars 3 short card singles at £3.99.

My local TRU's are near to closure as stocks are low with the discount having recently been upped to 40%.

Comment

asda 3.67 , nothing exciting stocks wise
                        home bargains. cars 3 early twin packs and singles too, wasnt priced so ?
                        smyths same old same old

starting to miss local tru

Comment

ye ha

never mind cars for a minute , got my best find ever on wednesday lunch time. the john watson 1976 penske ford pc4, winner of the austrian gp in 1976, I have been after this for years and I mean YEARS. For the past few years it has been on ebay at three figures,,, but that was too much
                          Got it on the F1 collection once a fortnight magazine at 10.99, knew it was coming as its been out in Europe for a while but UK sequences are different.
                          My buddy flav got one too in a different shop, but he tells me they are starting to appear on ebay at 20 quid starting price, enough said about that and the scumbags who are selling them
                          Anyway I.m pleased with my one and i,m even allowed to display it in the living room, the historical significance of this is that it was the first time a northern irishman had won a grand prix, the other norn iron winner in later years was Irvine , but he,s not fit to lace watties boots!!!
                          the car was sponsored by first national city bank , dont know if this is still on the go or not
                          well chuffed , and as a wee bonus found the fncb march 761 of ronnie peterson a number of weeks ago in italy, this made up for not finding any disney cars

Comment

Congrats, always nice to get the fire stoked a bit.

Comment

Awesome find, boogity! Congratulations!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

GOOD NEWS - CARS 2018 SINGLES AND DOUBLE PACKS ARE IN THE UK!

On my way to the match today, I popped into ASDA at Leyton. They only had two 2018 singles left (Bobby Swift and Jackson Storm). The price ticket said that they had 24no. cars delivered on Tuesday 24 April. Having seen them first hand, I think the cardbacks look really good, indeed what Cars 3 should've looked like! The cards look ticker than last years cards. They were priced at £6.49. The bad news is that the glue problem is still around as they had Sellotape on the bottom and top of the blister.

After the game, I caught the High Speed service to St. Pancras International. I popped into Hamleys. They also had a few new singles, priced at a surprisingly low price of £7. They also had 2018 double packs (all repeats) priced at £18. The double packs also had Sellotape on them!

Comment

Working...
                                X