No announcement yet.

Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2018/19/20/21/22/23 Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At long last I've finally found 2018 singles in store. My local Morrison's had a fresh case on clipstrip, I bought 6 cars,sheldon shifter, conrad camber, rev roadages, lee revkins, high impact and a metallic cruz ramirez, never seen a bigger smile on ma wee boys face, he was over the moon !

Comment

That is a great haul! Congrats.

Comment

Great find on the 2018 Cars singles, Scotcars! Congratulations! And I can picture the smile on your boys' face! That's what buying Cars is all about.

Great news that you found 2018 singles and 2 packs in the UK, niftynigel... the bad news is it's 6 months into the 2018 Mattel year.

Tape on 2018 singles, 2 packs, and Deluxe seems to be a standard feature this year... that's not good news for carded collectors.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

got twin pack disney 1.43 scale mood springs tractor and apple next gen, reduced to a tenner, they are both class

Comment

As others have stated, the current assortment of cars being found in the UK (ASDA and Morrisons) are on clipstrips, with the flimsy plastic glued to the back of a nearly square card.

The cars I have found so far are as follows:

Fabulous Lightning McQueen - 2
            Jackson Storm - 3
            High Impact - 1
            Fillmore - 1
            Dinoco Cruz Ramirez - 1
            Buck Bearingley - 1
            Rev Roadages - 1
            Cars 3 Lighning McQueen - 1
            Metallic Cruz Ramirez - 1
            Mater - 1
            Lee Revkins - 1
            Carlo Veloso - 1
            Sheldon Shifter - 1
            Lighning McQueen with Racing Wheels - 1
            Conrad Camber - 1
            Luigi & Guido - 1

That's a total of 19. If anyone can add the five missing cars, assuming clipstrip cases have 24 cars in them, please do so!

Comment

hindsight a great thing, wish i hadnt started getting a few of the next gens because the larger disney examples are just pure class and knock mattels version for 6

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
                hindsight a great thing, wish i hadnt started getting a few of the next gens because the larger disney examples are just pure class and knock mattels version for 6
                It is what it is, boogity... collect what you like... I have sold off all but a handful of my Disney Store items over the years and all but a handful of my lenticular Cars... had I never bought any Cars I would have saved a lot of money over the years... but I wouldn't have met so many wonderful friends and there might not be a PCD...

While my collection is much more Mattel 1:55 scale than anything else, my favorites from a quality standpoint are the Precision Series (first) and the 3 Jada 1:24 Cars that I have (I have Mack Hauler with trailer, Dinoco Cruz, and Fabulous Lightning McQueen)... I'm not going to go back and buy more of the Jada... the 1:24 take too much space to store or display.

I really like the Disney Store next gen Apple... not sure we'll see it in the US or if I'll buy it if I see it - my nearest Disney Store is in Indianapolis and I don't go there often.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Contents of clip strip case C are:

Fabulous Lightning McQueen - 2
                  Jackson Storm - 3
                  High Impact - 1
                  Fillmore - 1
                  Dinoco Cruz Ramirez - 1
                  Buck Bearingley - 1
                  Rev Roadages - 1
                  Cars 3 Lighning McQueen - 1
                  Metallic Cruz Ramirez - 1
                  Mater - 1
                  Lee Revkins - 1
                  Carlo Veloso - 1
                  Sheldon Shifter - 1
                  Lighning McQueen with Racing Wheels - 1
                  Conrad Camber - 1
                  Luigi & Guido - 1
                  Rusteze Cruz - 1
                  Bobby Swift - 1
                  Petro Cartalina - 1
                  Greg Candyman - 1
                  Francesco Bernoulli - 1

Comment

It seems 2017 singles cases are still shipping in UK.

2018 Deluxe case F is shipping in UK now:

Mack Semi - 2
                    Miss Fritter - 2
                    Frank - 1
                    Murphy - 1

Comment

Great finds Stuart! There should be two Frank and two Murphy in those cases!

Hamleys have 2018 double packs, some where priced at Ł18 and some Ł19.

They had:

Strip Weathers / Chick Hicks
                      Brick Yardley / Cal Weathers
                      Raoul CaRoule / Jeff Gorvette
                      Dexter Hoover / Charlie Checker
                      Kris Revstopski / Pat Traxson
                      Gabriel / Aiden

Like most of the singles, every one had Sellotape on them! Some had circular clear 'sticking plasters' on them! Oh! Mattel, wouldn't be simpler (and cheaper) to sort the clue problem out?

Disney Stores reported that they will be getting 2018 singles at the late Spring reset in late May. They will be regular card backs and not clip strips!

Comment

Nice finds, StuartW! I'd like to find that 2018 singles case... or any 2018 singles case for that matter.

The 2018 case of double packs appears to be the same one we've seen, niftynigel... there are 2 of each in the case of 12 in the US.

And you would think that Mattel would solve the glue problem... but it hasn't happened... maybe they've purchased stock in a tape company.

Comment

Thanks to StuartW's post, I've been on the lookout for the 2018 deluxe's. Since Thursday, most Sainsburys I've been to have had them, but due to there being two Mack Semi's in the case, it's not surprising that these are turning into shelf warmers!

Anyway, I did find a fresh case and grabbed Frank, Murphy and Miss Fritter at Sainsburys. We missed out on Frank all those years ago, so we're well pleased to get him at last! Even the abundance of Sellotape wasn't going to stop me from buying!

There are also loads of Hot Wheels cases in shops now. I've bought 15 singles in the last couple of weeks, various Ford Mustang's mainly.

Comment

Congratulations on finding Frank, Murphy, and Miss Fritter, niftynigel... the 2018 Frank is supposed to be a slightly different size than the previously released Frank... a lot of people missed out on Frank after prices went sky high - for awhile Frank was $75 to $100 on eBay.

Comment

Found Murphy today too!

Comment

Nice find, VANDANCE! I like the one piece unibody design of Murphy on the 2018 cardback... the Murphy that was in the Toys R US Sarge's Boot Camp set was a 2 piece design.

Comment

Working...
                                X