No announcement yet.

Recent Finds - 2018/19/20/21/22/23/24 Store Finds and Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wish I could find just one of those items.....I give up......

Comment

• Found the racing red Jackson, Easter buggy, Ducky and Mama B in a local toymaster shop yesterday. Very pleased to find something different for a change! Also found more of the latest wave of mini racers I was missing.

Comment

• I went to my local Sainsburys on Tuesday evening. They had the remnants of the AD case. I purchased The Easter Buggy. The few cars were on offer down from Ł7.00 to Ł5.25. I then went onto a few local Sainsburys, taking in ASDA, Morrisons and Tescos too - not a car in sight.

Tonight, I decided to go a little further afield and go to my nearest Smyths, 20 miles away. They had loads of the final 2020 case!

I thought I'd take a slight detour on my way home. First big Sainsburys nothing. The second one had a few cars, so I picked up Pat Traxson and H.J. Hollis. There was a member of staff in the toy section. I asked her if they had any more, but unfortunately not. She did say that a very big store only three miles away had three nearly full cases! I got there with about ten minutes to spare before closing! I picked up Aiden, Ruby Easy Oaks, Ramone (Green), Ducky Fauntleroy, Lighting McQueen as Easter Buggy and Taco! There appeared to be more than one Suki per case and more than one Cartney Carsper, so it looks like Racing Red Jackson Storm is not in that case or at least the variant that Sainsburys have! They were Ł5.25 at all stores! Funny how some stores got multiple cases and most stores got none!

Comment

• nice finds lads, smyths and toymaster over here, not open til 20th or something

Comment

• Nice finds, VANDANCE and niftynigel... congratulations! Hopefully you'll find new Cars soon, boogity... I know it's been much tougher for you in the UK and Northern Ireland because your "non-essential" stores haven't even been open for months...

The local Meijer went backwards this week... after case AF they went back to case AE... the local Walmart has no mainline singles on the pegs

I don't know if I'll go look out of town and Cars hunt this weekend or not... I have the time, but COVID is going back up because Indiana and Ohio lifted their mask mandates and too many people think they no longer have to wear masks... I got my first vaccine last Thursday (I ached very bad between hours 13 and 26 after my shot) and after 3 days the pain in the arm was gone... I get my 2nd shot in 3 weeks.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• keep ,er lit chris, ya boy ye!

Comment

• Case AE has just started to arrive at Smyths. The website states that they will be in stores this week.
                I just popped down to my nearest one (about 20 miles away) and bought Jimmy Cables, Hot Rod Junior Moon, Sputter Stop Racing Tractor and Lightning McQueen (with Piston Cup).
                It looked like they had an initial allocation of two cases, as they still had plenty of the last 2020 case in stock!
                On another recent trip, I noticed that The Entertainer and Toymaster had XRS Mud Racing singles, XRS Drag Racing singles and Rocket Racing singles all priced at Ł4.99 GBP. B&M Bargains had some of those too.

Comment

• Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                  Nice finds, VANDANCE and niftynigel... congratulations! Hopefully you'll find new Cars soon, boogity... I know it's been much tougher for you in the UK and Northern Ireland because your "non-essential" stores haven't even been open for months...

The local Meijer went backwards this week... after case AF they went back to case AE... the local Walmart has no mainline singles on the pegs

I don't know if I'll go look out of town and Cars hunt this weekend or not... I have the time, but COVID is going back up because Indiana and Ohio lifted their mask mandates and too many people think they no longer have to wear masks... I got my first vaccine last Thursday (I ached very bad between hours 13 and 26 after my shot) and after 3 days the pain in the arm was gone... I get my 2nd shot in 3 weeks.
                  Although it's been slightly different in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales, the non-essential shops in England have been closed three times, between March and June, November and then December through to April. We've lost seven months of store time. Hopefully, as we are now in a much better situation, the sacrifices have paid off.

Comment

• Asda Walmart had a case of cars in this week, missed most of the selection but gladly picked up Floyd Morgan, Track Damage Cruz, Darrel Cartrip, Pushover and LMQ Easter buggy.

Comment

• Cases AA and AC have just started to arrive at Disney Stores. I picked up Floyd Morgan, Bumper Save Racing Tractor, Track Damage Cruz Ramirez, Christmas Cruiser Ramone, Holiday Hotshot Lightning McQueen and Pushover from case AA.

Comment

• I went to the Disney Store at the weekend, pegs were full but of last years cases. There were multiple Nitroade next gen, Silver King, Fairgame (I thought this was htf?) Bill, and a few others. I asked the overly enthusiastic employee if they had more, she came out from the back with another 50+ cars, all the same as on the pegs. It will be sometime before they sell their way through that lot!

Comment

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
                          I went to the Disney Store at the weekend, pegs were full but of last years cases. There were multiple Nitroade next gen, Silver King, Fairgame (I thought this was htf?) Bill, and a few others. I asked the overly enthusiastic employee if they had more, she came out from the back with another 50+ cars, all the same as on the pegs. It will be sometime before they sell their way through that lot!
                          The helpful staff informed me that the 2021 cases had only been delivered the night before (Friday) and they had three of each case. On display, they were mixed in with the 2020 cars, which they said they had loads of too! Indeed, the Oxford Street store still had loads of cars on Cars 3 cardbacks! The Westfield Stratford store just had loads of 2020 cars.

I'm sorry to report that the Romford 'pop-up' store has now closed down. That was a very productive store for me. It was right next door to my other favourite shop, HMV.

The AA case cars were dated N35A and AC case cars were dated N45A.

The 'clipstrip' AC case cars are dated N46A.

The AD case cars are dated N49A.

The AE case cars are dated N52A.

Comment

• A couple of cars to look forward too in case AH ...
                            NICK SHIFT (SPARE MINT No. 93) (2G)
                            RUSTY CORNFUEL (TOW CAP No. 4)

Comment

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
                              I went to the Disney Store at the weekend, pegs were full but of last years cases. There were multiple Nitroade next gen, Silver King, Fairgame (I thought this was htf?) Bill, and a few others. I asked the overly enthusiastic employee if they had more, she came out from the back with another 50+ cars, all the same as on the pegs. It will be sometime before they sell their way through that lot!
                              must say i,ve gone off disney store , I find them patronising and false, mind you think I always did, that said i,ll take cycle into town next week to see what they got and take a detour round to the modellers nook, or whatever it called, i,m sure he could do with the trade as he,s lost 4 months

Comment

• New clip strip selection in Asda, Floyd Morgan, Bumper Save Racing Tractor, LMQ with Piston Cup, Smokey, Hot Rod Junior Moon. I couldn’t see ‘new’ cars over the 2 complete clip strips, just rereleases like Bob Pulley and Andrea. Good to see new clip strips at long last!!

Comment

Working...
                                X