No announcement yet.

Recent Finds - 2018/19/20/21/22/23/24 Store Finds and Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 26, 2020... I went on my first Cars hunt in almost 5 months this morning... did ok at 1 Walmart, 1 Meijer, and 1 Target... case J singles and the Clutch Aid Mud Racer (not pictured) from Meijer... Bumper Save Hauler and Faregame from Walmart... Welcome to Radiator Springs Cars and Color Changers came from Target... came up empty at the other stores and Ollie’s..

Meijer:

Walmart: This is the first Paul Conrev Hauler I've seen with the teal/dark teal trailer.

Target: Welcome to Radiator Springs: I just got a set from a friend in Germany - he found them at a Mueller store.

Target: Color Changers.

This is my best day of in-store finds in a long time, but like I said, this is my first Cars hunt in 5 months.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• My wife and I went to a few stores in SW Ohio Saturday, 8/15/2020... found the Endurance Racers and the new 5 packs (which I left) at 1 of 2 Walmart stores... found the new Minis 3 pack at both Target stores and bought it at one... got the puzzle at the one Meijer store we stopped at... went to 2 other stores she wanted to go to... I'm hoping to have friends help with the Pixar Fest Cars as my nearest Target stores are over 50 miles away.

Walmart purchases: I really like the Endurance Racers.

Walmart 5 packs - I did not buy... Front and back.

Target purchase: new Mini Racers 3 pack featuring First Look Chase Racelott:

Puzzle purchase from Meijer; I worked the puzzle last night.

We also stopped at a couple of stores she wanted to stop at and enjoyed a nice lunch.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Spent between September 4th and 12th on vacation in Florida - I drove down and back - stopped at a few stores but not very many... found a Cupcake McQueen and a Muddy Rusteze Racing Center McQueen at one Florida Walmart and the new Laura/Ray (Jackson Storm Pitty/Crew Chief) 2 pack at another one... bought 2 more sets of the Pixar Fest Cars at a Florida Target for a friend.

And as far as Cars is concerned, my best part of the vacation was meeting fellow Cars collector Jay Mac while on vacation - we've been talking Cars and helping each other out with Cars for going on 12 years...

Came home to empty pegs at the local Walmart - 0 singles, 0 Endurance Racers, 0 Color Changers means 0 dollars spent... I'm waiting for case L and M singles, case N singles, the new Endurance Racers, the new Welcome to Radiator Springs singes.

Comment

• Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
          Spent between September 4th and 12th on vacation in Florida - I drove down and back - stopped at a few stores but not very many... found a Cupcake McQueen and a Muddy Rusteze Racing Center McQueen at one Florida Walmart and the new Laura/Ray (Jackson Storm Pitty/Crew Chief) 2 pack at another one... bought 2 more sets of the Pixar Fest Cars at a Florida Target for a friend.

And as far as Cars is concerned, my best part of the vacation was meeting fellow Cars collector Jay Mac while on vacation - we've been talking Cars and helping each other out with Cars for going on 12 years...

Came home to empty pegs at the local Walmart - 0 singles, 0 Endurance Racers, 0 Color Changers means 0 dollars spent... I'm waiting for case L and M singles, case N singles, the new Endurance Racers, the new Welcome to Radiator Springs singes.

That last sentence sums up the major supermarkets in the UK. Tesco and Sainsburys have nothing at all, even very light on Hot Wheels at the moment. VANDANCE reported that there were some 'Euro' clipstrips at ASDA. I've got a few near me, none had clipstrips or remnants. Indeed, like a few local Morrisons, ASDA had nothing Cars or Hot Wheels. It's a very frustrating situation as they sell out as soon as they are in stock! Given we are only three months from Christmas, the toy aisles look very under-stocked across all ranges. In spite of the pandemic, the supermarkets (along with Amazon) have done very well out of it, which makes the toy situation appear even more baffling!

Comment

• nothing over here either, not worth even looking

Comment

• Meijer reset September 29, 2020... where have all the Cars gone?

Moved to the end of the aisle... singles went from 3 pegs to 2... 2 packs went from 2 pegs to 1... still 1 peg for Deluxe... there were 2 pegs each for Drag Racers and Mud Racers - they are gone... Minis 3 packs still have 2 pegs (1 is currently empty)... the 2 empty pegs above the Deluxe are for Micro Machines...

And I received a call from my local Hot Wheels friend yesterday... Walmart got in another case of Endurance Racers as well as another case of Color Changers... unfortunately, both are restocks of the first case... the pegs for singles remain empty - they've been empty for over 2 weeks... empty pegs and shelves don't bring in money for the stores.

Comment

• I received notification that Target Stores in the USA, as of yesterday, are carrying all of the multipacks that were previously Canadian Exclusives or Pending Releases.

15-Pack featuring 1 new Car: Will Rusch Vinyl Toupee NexGen - (likely a Target exclusive)
                10-Pack featuring 1 new Car: RoadTrip Ramone (Orange) - Previously a Canadian Toys-R-Us exclusive
                10-Pack featuring 1 new Car: Steve Slick LaPage Trunk Fresh NexGen - Previously a Canadian Toys-R-Us exclusive
                10-Pack featuring 1 new Car: George NewWin Leak Less NexGen - Previously a Canadian Toys-R-Us exclusive

They show both instock and available for On-Line order. I was able to purchase the needed 15-pack in Tucson Arizona last week.
                Make sure to look in the Special Disney Toys Christmas showcase section of the Store. I found the new 15-pack there, and not in the actual Cars toy section.

Comment

• Originally posted by FischAutoTechGarten View Post
                  I received notification that Target Stores in the USA, as of yesterday, are carrying all of the multipacks that were previously Canadian Exclusives or Pending Releases.

15-Pack featuring 1 new Car: Will Rusch Vinyl Toupee NexGen - (likely a Target exclusive)
                  10-Pack featuring 1 new Car: RoadTrip Ramone (Orange) - Previously a Canadian Toys-R-Us exclusive
                  10-Pack featuring 1 new Car: Steve Slick LaPage Trunk Fresh NexGen - Previously a Canadian Toys-R-Us exclusive
                  10-Pack featuring 1 new Car: George NewWin Leak Less NexGen - Previously a Canadian Toys-R-Us exclusive

They show both instock and available for On-Line order. I was able to purchase the needed 15-pack in Tucson Arizona last week.
                  Make sure to look in the Special Disney Toys Christmas showcase section of the Store. I found the new 15-pack there, and not in the actual Cars toy section.
                  Thank you for the heads up on these multipacks, FischAutoTechGarten... I just found them on the Target website... I was not able to find the DPCI number for the 10 packs... if they all 3 have the same DPCI number that could make it tough to get the 3 different 10 packs.

I went to a few stores in the Dayton Ohio area on Saturday afternoon... the Target had no singles... they did have the new 15 pack of Mini Racers... I did not buy it on Saturday... had I had 2 of my grandchildren with me I might have bought it and kept the NextGen Vinyl Toupee for me and given them the other 14.

Comment

• Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                    I was not able to find the DPCI number for the 10 packs... if they all 3 have the same DPCI number that could make it tough to get the 3 different 10 packs.

had I had 2 of my grandchildren with me I might have bought it and kept the NextGen Vinyl Toupee for me and given them the other 14.
                    I verified on the website that each of the 10-packs has a very distinct UPC number.... So, i would imagine you could buy with confidence with no fear of a switch-a-roo.... As supplies dwindle... who knows... but initially.. you'd be safe. I see folks are already buying them and selling them for as high as $55 euros in Germany. My goodness... for effectively two cars (Mr Drippy can be hard to find and RoadTrip Ramone is a first look exclusive).

I don't have grand children.... but I live on the US/Mexican border, so lots of kids that will be happy to receive all of these duplicates..

Comment

• Store find: Saturday December 26, 2020... found these at a southern Indiana Walmart store:

The only store I went to that day (and for 2 weeks following).

Always glad to see a metallic paint Scavenger Hunt... and the Ponchy Wipeout is a variant with yellow paint on the Car.

Comment

• Local Meijer this morning, February 22, 2021... Nice to see 4 pegs tagged for singles... I found a few singles from case AD..

. no Ducky, Racing Red Jackson Storm, Mildred Bylane and only 1 Easter Buggy... no Stouffers Lasagna either... still, not a bad start to a Monday...

Comment

• Went on a quick Cars hunt this morning (March 7, 2021)... found remnants of the latest Deluxe case at 3 stores but no new Mater or Dr Damage... 2 of 3 Walmart stores had a total of 4 singles but the 3rd had case AD on the pegs and case AC in a bin that’s part of the Easter train... found a King Color changer at Target... I was excited to see the Sheldon Shifter Endurance Racer at an Ohio Valley Walmart.

March 7 store finds: Walmart

Comment

• March 27 and March 28, 2021 store finds...

Found some case AF Cars at the local Meijer on March 27, 2021... I was super excited.

I then went to Dayton and checked 2 Meijer, 1 Kroger, 2 Walmart, and 1 Target... found a couple of Case AE singles at Meijer #2 and Dr Damage at Meijer #1... I found the 2nd Dr Damage and The Child Hot Wheels at a Kroger Marketplace.

I then went to the local Meijer on March 28... I was able to get more singles from case AF... unfortunately Racing Red Sally was nowhere to be seen... I suspect the person who pegged the Cars kept it to sell on eBay.

I'm still planning on ordering a full case AF and an extra Racing Red Sally from Eli at Get Me Collectibles as soon as he has them available.

Comment

• Great haul Chris, been looking out for that Mandalorian Child too, no luck yet! No sign of 24h Endurance Race cars over here too.

Comment

• April 1, 2021... Went to get a couple things at the local Meijer this morning before work... they'd pegged parts of another case AF... Racing Red Sally is mine...

and that's no April Fool... I'm still planning on buying a case from Get Me Collectibles

Comment

Working...
                                X