X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• niftynigel
    replied
    Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
    Spent between September 4th and 12th on vacation in Florida - I drove down and back - stopped at a few stores but not very many... found a Cupcake McQueen and a Muddy Rusteze Racing Center McQueen at one Florida Walmart and the new Laura/Ray (Jackson Storm Pitty/Crew Chief) 2 pack at another one... bought 2 more sets of the Pixar Fest Cars at a Florida Target for a friend.

And as far as Cars is concerned, my best part of the vacation was meeting fellow Cars collector Jay Mac while on vacation - we've been talking Cars and helping each other out with Cars for going on 12 years...

Came home to empty pegs at the local Walmart - 0 singles, 0 Endurance Racers, 0 Color Changers means 0 dollars spent... I'm waiting for case L and M singles, case N singles, the new Endurance Racers, the new Welcome to Radiator Springs singes.

That last sentence sums up the major supermarkets in the UK. Tesco and Sainsburys have nothing at all, even very light on Hot Wheels at the moment. VANDANCE reported that there were some 'Euro' clipstrips at ASDA. I've got a few near me, none had clipstrips or remnants. Indeed, like a few local Morrisons, ASDA had nothing Cars or Hot Wheels. It's a very frustrating situation as they sell out as soon as they are in stock! Given we are only three months from Christmas, the toy aisles look very under-stocked across all ranges. In spite of the pandemic, the supermarkets (along with Amazon) have done very well out of it, which makes the toy situation appear even more baffling!

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Spent between September 4th and 12th on vacation in Florida - I drove down and back - stopped at a few stores but not very many... found a Cupcake McQueen and a Muddy Rusteze Racing Center McQueen at one Florida Walmart and the new Laura/Ray (Jackson Storm Pitty/Crew Chief) 2 pack at another one... bought 2 more sets of the Pixar Fest Cars at a Florida Target for a friend.

And as far as Cars is concerned, my best part of the vacation was meeting fellow Cars collector Jay Mac while on vacation - we've been talking Cars and helping each other out with Cars for going on 12 years...

Came home to empty pegs at the local Walmart - 0 singles, 0 Endurance Racers, 0 Color Changers means 0 dollars spent... I'm waiting for case L and M singles, case N singles, the new Endurance Racers, the new Welcome to Radiator Springs singes.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    My wife and I went to a few stores in SW Ohio Saturday, 8/15/2020... found the Endurance Racers and the new 5 packs (which I left) at 1 of 2 Walmart stores... found the new Minis 3 pack at both Target stores and bought it at one... got the puzzle at the one Meijer store we stopped at... went to 2 other stores she wanted to go to... I'm hoping to have friends help with the Pixar Fest Cars as my nearest Target stores are over 50 miles away.

Walmart purchases: I really like the Endurance Racers.

Walmart 5 packs - I did not buy... Front and back.

Target purchase: new Mini Racers 3 pack featuring First Look Chase Racelott:

Puzzle purchase from Meijer; I worked the puzzle last night.

We also stopped at a couple of stores she wanted to stop at and enjoyed a nice lunch.
    Target_081520 Meijer_081520 WM81520

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    July 26, 2020... I went on my first Cars hunt in almost 5 months this morning... did ok at 1 Walmart, 1 Meijer, and 1 Target... case J singles and the Clutch Aid Mud Racer (not pictured) from Meijer... Bumper Save Hauler and Faregame from Walmart... Welcome to Radiator Springs Cars and Color Changers came from Target... came up empty at the other stores and Ollie’s..

Meijer:

Walmart: This is the first Paul Conrev Hauler I've seen with the teal/dark teal trailer.

Target: Welcome to Radiator Springs: I just got a set from a friend in Germany - he found them at a Mueller store.

Target: Color Changers.

This is my best day of in-store finds in a long time, but like I said, this is my first Cars hunt in 5 months.
    Walmart: 7/26/2020 Meijer: 7/26/2020 Target: Welcome to Radiator Springs: 7/26/2020

Leave a comment:

• Bombolo
    replied
    Wow, congrats cac1959, great Globie find in the wild!

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Been a pretty good week for Cars finds at the local Meijer (1 of only 2 stores in my county that sells Cars)... I found the singles on Tuesday, and a Globie on Wednesday.

The bad news is there are now 4 Mack and 1 Van Scanlane on the Cars Deluxe peg.

Not that I've seen them, but there are reports of singles case H at Walmart stores as well as a new hauler.

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    Nice finds Chris!

The UK finds itself well behind as usual. Our last / current case assortment is 962C, which has some similarity to your 946C. I think you have had seven cases since then!

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    The local Meijer got in what appears to be 2020 Singles case K sometime in the last 4 days - it had been that long since I'd been in the store... I missed out on the Metallic Union Jack Ramone.

Here's what I found during my lunch break today: Dan Carcia and Dirkson D Agostino.

I'll pick up a few more singles from a friend tomorrow.

On a trip to Indy 2 weeks ago I found the Fan Favorites Flo and Guido/Luigi.

Most of my recent purchases have been from Eli at Get Me Collectibles - I'm still not going on Cars hunting trips due to the COVID-19 virus.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Went to Walmart last night for the first time in 3 weeks... I was looking for Zinc tablets... they were out.

I found this back in the Cars area of toys:

They also had Rocket Racers, Mud Racers, and Drag Racers on clearance for $3.72 each... I've heard that there's a new series coming... this lends credence to that report.
    Minis 3 pack 050720

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Thursday March 5, 2020... I was going to work on a Throwback Thursday post this morning but I was pleasantly surprised at Meijer when I checked Toys before going to get bananas... singles case D on the pegs... I got 7 singles... I can now open Jonas Carvers, Faregame, and the other singles I now have 2 of.

And I did remember the bananas.

Here's what I bought:

I now have 2 of each of the new Cars and will be opening a Jonas Carvers, Faregame, Cruisin McQueen (has rear bumper sticker), Silver Miguel Camino, and Snot Rod... Snot Rod may be a very minor variant but I tend to buy every release of every one of the Tunerz on a new cardback... I like Snot Rod, Wingo, DJ, and Boost.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    When I left for a week of vacation on January 23, the local Meijer had 2 Cars singles on the pegs and 8 2 packs... that was it for Cars merchandise... got back February 2 and there were 0 singles and 6 2 packs... and that was it... for 10 days straight there were no changes... Monday February 11 I went to the Meijer website and clicked on the contact us link... I reported the situation but didn’t think much of it... 1 hour later I received an email from corporate that the store director would be contacting me soon... the next morning one of the assistant managers from the store contacted me... today, February 13, there were singles in the pegs... the Harvey Rodcap, Silver Jackson Storm, Silver Chick Hicks case... I bought 3 Cars.

I explained that empty pegs did not make the store money... the replies agreed with me and thanked me for reporting the problem to them.

Meijer Cars selection: 2/1 through 2/12/2020:

Meijer Cars selection 2/13/20::

What I bought at Meijer 2/13/2020:

Walmart Deluxe: 2/13/2020:

This was the first time I'd seen Mater with Cone Teeth in a store... and I left it.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Found Case C singles at a Target store yesterday... bought these:

There have been reports of case D with Jonas and Faregame being found at Target stores in California... hopefully they show up soon.
    Target finds: 01/26/2020

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    I finally found new Cars at the 2 stores in the county that still sell Cars... Meijer got new 2 packs (although there is even a newer case of 2 packs that has NO new Cars)... Walmart got in the Floyd Mulvihill singles case.

Meijer put out the rest of the case of 2 packs overnight... great to see a Bumper Save Tractor 2 pack on a decent condition card back... still no new singles but they only have 7 on the pegs... I got them all on 1 peg - the other 2 pegs for singles are now empty...

Leave a comment:

• boogity
    replied
    spotted three case d on the top shelf in smyths, is there anything exciting in that I wonder

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    Originally posted by cac1959 View Post

Great find, VANDANCE! I hate to see that Mattel is once again releasing cases/assortments with only one new Car.
    The European clipstrip cases are not cases or assortments in the traditional sense. There are still 24 cars, but they are usually supplied attached to the plastic clipstrips in a flatpack box / carton / case. This explains why there are a high number of damaged cards. I've only ever seen a couple of full clipstrips in the box. The assortments have always been less than traditional case assortments, with two of most cars.

With the current assortments at ASDA and Morrisons in the UK, there are 2no. Kurts and 2no. Ryan 'Inside' Laney. Along with Metallic Sally, Ryan wasn't released on a 2018-2019 card in the UK.

I had a close look at the current clipstrip cars. Although the front of the card is shiny (in common with the other Thailand cars), the rear of the card appears to be cheaper recycled paper. I wonder if this is the way forward or maybe just restricted to the European clipstrip cards? All the cars in the clipstrip assortment have the same barcode 8 87961 48789 3. The assortment is: FFL05.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X