Recent Finds - 2018/19/20/21/22/23/24 Store Finds and Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
    is there a notable variance between a China Markus and a Thailand one?
    The Thailand Markus supposedly has a brighter paint job (all the Thailand Cars do from what I've been told)... the eyes are also different.

I'll try to do side by side comparison photos after I open them - I've been busy with lawn mower repair and trying to get our central air conditioner system working the last 2 week - the mower is fixed but not the AC... probably going to have to replace both the AC and furnace - both are 28 years old.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Righton, thanks.

Comment

• Just got Shriram from Target today! Only need four more cars from Case R now (Tailgate, Rust-eze Cruz Ramirez, Marilyn and Race Tow Truck Tom.)

Comment

• Originally posted by SamB2003 View Post
          Just got Shriram from Target today! Only need four more cars from Case R now (Tailgate, Rust-eze Cruz Ramirez, Marilyn and Race Tow Truck Tom.)
          What all is in case R? Is there an up to date case listing list on here?

Comment

• Originally posted by cac1959 View Post

The Thailand Markus supposedly has a brighter paint job (all the Thailand Cars do from what I've been told)... the eyes are also different.

I'll try to do side by side comparison photos after I open them - I've been busy with lawn mower repair and trying to get our central air conditioner system working the last 2 week - the mower is fixed but not the AC... probably going to have to replace both the AC and furnace - both are 28 years old.
            think u did ok with them, then frank, ive just bust my ankle running, but that is fixable despite it being 60 next year

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post

think u did ok with them, then frank, ive just bust my ankle running, but that is fixable despite it being 60 next year
              also got my frosty . it was a carbon fibre one, very nice too

Comment

• These have finally made it to Walmart stores in the Midwest US... my local Hot Wheels friend bought them at the local Walmart for me earlier this morning.

Now to find more new singles and 2 packs.

Smyths's stores in the UK have a new case of singles that includes the Scavenger Hunt Dino Draftsky, Adam Parke, Carl Clutchen (Easy Idle), and the 2 trainees.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Made a quick trip to Indianapolis on Friday night to meet our youngest son, his wife, and their 2 young children... one the way home I stopped at a small town Walmart... it turned out to be a good decision.

This is the first time I've seen that case of 2 packs in a store... This Spikey/Eric 2 pack is my favorite 2 pack of 2018,beating out the Gabriel/AIden 2 trainee 2 pack.

I bought the Flo/Ramone 2 pack as they are supposedly variants... same with the Deluxe Frank Pinkerton... I'll check later.

I also saw and left the new Brick Yardley launcher... I'm only buying the launchers if it's a Car I don't have in my collection... I have Brick Yardley and Lightning McQueen - I'm not buying the launchers... Speedy Comet, Floyd Mulvihill, and Brian Spark were first releases of Cars - I bought the launchers.

Comment

• Went to Big W near my house last Thursday and got the Fireball Beach Racers Lightning McQueen.

And yesterday, I went to two different BWs and got more of those, which were Chase, Danny, Mater, Ryan, Jackson, and Luigi & Guido.

Now I just need to get Rich, Dinoco Cruz and Sheldon from the ones being found in Australia so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbdolan View Post

What all is in case R? Is there an up to date case listing list on here?
                      Case R features Cars made in Thailand and is packaged in Thailand... I've seen the full case at 1 Meijer, 1 time... Contents should be:
                      Chick Hicks with Headset
                      Shu Todoroki
                      Petro Cartalina
                      Marilyn
                      Markus Krankzler
                      Lightning McQueen with racing wheels (from Cars 2)
                      Sheldon Shifter
                      Rusteze Racing Center Lightning McQueen (x2)
                      Rusteze Cruz Ramirez
                      Cruz Ramirez as Frances Beltline
                      Jackson Storm (x3)
                      Shiriram
                      Chris Roamin (x2)
                      Mater (x2)
                      Bobby Swift (x2)
                      Tailgate
                      Nigel Gearsley
                      and I think Cars 3 Lightning McQueen

Haven't updated case lists for a while - haven't seen cases.

Comment

• Had to take my son to work early this morning... stopped at the local Walmart a little before 7 am - I'm glad I did... I found one set of the newest Mini Racers 3 packs:

Comment

• Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                          Had to take my son to work early this morning... stopped at the local Walmart a little before 7 am - I'm glad I did... I found one set of the newest Mini Racers 3 packs:

Great finds! Still waiting for these to hit Australia.

The Wave 5 bags are also appearing, I still haven’t found them where I live. They’ve been found in Sydney and Melbourne by far.

Comment

• Also, on Sunday, I went to Target and got Frank on 2018 card. He was really hard to come by where I live and I’m glad I finally found him!

Comment

• Originally posted by SamB2003 View Post
                              Also, on Sunday, I went to Target and got Frank on 2018 card. He was really hard to come by where I live and I’m glad I finally found him!
                              Nice find on Frank, SamB2003! I'm sure hoping that we'll see 2018 singles (and 2019 merchandise too) sometime... instead stores in the midwest keep getting more old 2017 singles... sigh.....

Comment

• Went to Big W last Tuesday and scored Fireball Beach Racers Sheldon Shifter and Dinoco Cruz Ramirez! I'm now missing F.B. Racers Rich Mixon from the ones found in Australia so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X