X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• niftynigel
    replied
    Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
    Just a general observation but does anyone know why Jeremy is commanding such a high price on eBay and the like? I didn’t think he was limited or any rarer than the rest of the mix. Thanks all.
    The UK (and Europe?) case 96CH appeared at B&M (18 June), Toymaster (14 July) and The Entertainer (7 August). Collectively, those three retailers don't order as many as Smyths do.

The circulation of cases in the UK in 2023 is now down to between 500 and 1,000.

As you say, we've received every single case in the UK this year so far. The UK missed out on possibly two or three cases in 2022, so that's a definite improvement!

This is the list of 2023 cases. Rows two and three are the US release dates and date stamps. The following rows are the UK release dates, date stamps and where they have been found. I welcome any additional information!

The has been an (unconfirmed) siting of the 96CL case at Smyths. I've been to a few in various parts of England since then and haven't seen it so far!
    Case CB Case CC Case CD Case CE Case CF Case CG Case CH Case CJ Case CK Case CL Case CM
    Dec 2022 Jan 2023 Feb 2023 Mar 2023 Mar 2023 May 2023 Jun 2023 Jul 2023 Aug 2023 Sep 2023 Oct 2023
    R38A R42A R47A . . . . . . S24A
    Dec 2022 Jan 2023 Mar 2023 Apr 2023 Apr 2023 Jun 2023 Jul 2023 Jul 2023 Aug 2023 Aug 2023
    R40A R44A R49A S03A S05A S09A S13A S17A S23A
    B&M Smyths Smyths Toymaster Smyths B&M B&M Smyths Smyths Smyths
    Morrisons Toymaster Entertainer Smyths Toymaster B&M
    ALDI Entertainer
    Morrisons

Leave a comment:

• VANDANCE
    replied
    Thanks for the explanation Chris. We in the U,K have been blessed with some great supply and regular cases. I am with you on the hurry to add new cars to the collection. Good things come to those who wait!

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you, VANDANCE... it was a great feeling to find these new 2 packs in a store.

• cac1959
    commented on 's reply
    Very few US stores received the case with the Jeremy single... that's my opinion as to why people are paying a premium for that Car as either a single or in the 2 pack... Walmart has been purchasing 12 Car singles cases... Target got nothing newer than case E (CE) until the last month... there are so many singles that I haven't seen in stores... so many of the 2023 Cars that I don't have in my collection... and it's not bothering me nearly as much as it used to in past years.

• VANDANCE
    replied
    Just a general observation but does anyone know why Jeremy is commanding such a high price on eBay and the like? I didn’t think he was limited or any rarer than the rest of the mix. Thanks all.

Leave a comment:

• VANDANCE
    replied
    Awesome finds! Great timing and glad you didn’t have a wasted trip!!

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you, boogity... I was super excited to see these... hopefully we'll see a more widespread distribution of the 2 packs... In the US they've been found at Target ($7.99 each) and now Meijer ($9.99 each)...

• boogity
    replied
    cracker finds chris, bet we dont find em 2 packs here

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    August 24, 2023... Finally new Cars at Meijer this morning... 2 packs... it was worth getting drenched by a thunderstorm to score these.

What I bought:

What I didn't buy:

I did buy a Dragon McQueen/Drift Party Mater 2 pack as well.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Sunday August 13 - found Nile and Road Rumbler Mater at a Dayton area Walmart.

Monday August 21, 2023... at the local Walmart... found 2 new Cars from a Walmart 12 Car case (probably their K case) this morning... Mato and Mallory.

Many earlier 12 Car cases contained many new Cars from the 24 Car case... the last cases only had 2 new Cars each... I'm missing most of the new Cars from cases CJ and CK... and I believe a friend in Florida may have found Cars from case CL at a Target store.

Walmart 08/21/2023

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Happy July 4, everyone! Took advantage of today's US holiday to go to Dayton to get Crumbl Cookie and check a few stores... Pleasantly surprised to find these at Walmart #2:

I finally have a Cryptid Buster McQueen.

And the cookies will be mighty tasty as well.

CryptidMateo070423 Cookies_070423

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Found these case D singles at the local Walmart on Friday 5/26/2023:

I still have only seen 1 Disney 100 single (Flo) from the Walmart case F 12 pack in a store.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Some of my most recent store finds...

Sunday 4/23/2023: at 4 different Walmart stores I bought a total of 7 Cars: Claire, Disney 100 Flo, Cave McQueen, Mae, Deputy McQueen for me, and 2 of the Gold Rusteze Cruz for a friend.

Shortly after Easter I found the Easter Mini Eggs at Meijer and bought 2 of #3

That's pretty much it in the last couple of months.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    I have not been buying many Cars recently... I've bought no 2022 mainline singles so far - I don't plan on buying a variant just because it's on a new card... just new Cars...

I did buy 2 each of these during February 2022.

It's amazing how much further my money goes when I don't buy Cars.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    January 19, 2022... pegs are bare at the local Walmart and Meijer and have been since before Christmas... it is very frustrating... I haven't found much in the way of Cars the few times I've looked at stores out of town since Christmas either.

I'll try to add photos later (but I haven't seen them)...it appears Walmart stores are getting in a display with new NASCAR singles - Bubba Wheelhouse is called Torqueberry Juice... and there's a new McQueen variant with silver rims and a new mouth expression.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X