No announcement yet.

Recent Finds - 2018/19/20/21/22/23/24 Store Finds and Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The full contents on the case currently appearing at Morrisons is as follows:

Michael Rotor
    Antonio Veloce Excellente (x2)
    Rust-Eze Racing Centre Lightning McQueen (x2)
    Carl Clutcheon (x2)
    Nick Pit-Tyre
    Bryn Imageare
    Barry dePedal (x2)
    Jackson Storm (x2)
    Dud Throttleman (x2)
    Greta (x2)
    Cam Spinner (x2)
    Cruz Besauro
    Vandon Kerr
    Dinoco Cruz Ramirez (x2)
    Metallic Rex Revler

It's thought to be a UK only assortment 976F.

Comment

• Thanks for the details on the new Cars case at Morrison's, niftynigel!

I stopped at Aldi and Walmart stores in 2 small towns yesterday... 1 Walmart had case M singles minus Scavenger Hunt Rex - I bought Barry DePedal... got the Mater and Michael Rotor at 1 Aldi... found Scavenger Hunt Marilyn at the 2nd Aldi - she will be opened shortly.

Here's SH Marilyn - I'll try to take better photos later.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Went on a short vacation to Branson, Missouri last week... I did find and purchase a few case P Cars at an Indianapolis Target Wednesday night.

I saw the newest 11 pack for the second time but once again decided not to purchase it.

I checked a handful of Walmart stores in Indiana, Illinois, and Missouri but found nothing else that I wanted to buy.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• well I ve found nought, dont expect to either cars have gone the same way as planes now, totally dead in the water, was in brussels last weekend for start of the tour de france, found a plastic mack on one of the comics, chuffed with that

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
            The full contents on the case currently appearing at Morrisons is as follows:

Michael Rotor
            Carl Clutcheon (x2)
            Nick Pit-Tyre
            Bryn Imageare
            Barry dePedal (x2)
            Jackson Storm (x2)
            Dud Throttleman (x2)
            Greta (x2)
            Cam Spinner (x2)
            Cruz Besauro
            Vandon Kerr
            Dinoco Cruz Ramirez (x2)
            Metallic Rex Revler

This case has now started to appear at Bentalls, part of the Fenwick group. They are Ł6.49.

Also appearing at Bentalls, are more Mud Racers (Ł8.49). Bizarrely, these were Made in China (0120EAA).

Comment

• There are still quite a few 2018-2019 Cars unreleased in the UK. I'll try and post a list plus what's at each store!

Comment

• I got bored last Friday and decided I'd check a couple of stores in town... look what I found at the O'Reilly Auto Parts store...

I'd left a Scavenger Hunt Nick Stickers there the last 3 times I'd been in the store... it finally sold...and not to me or GOMATERGO.

This is one of 2 currently released Cars I'd have paid $5.99 plus tax for (Duke Coulters is the other)... I'd also pay that much for one I don't currently have in my collection.

The Walgreens pharmacy still had only a Cars 3 Mater at $5.49.... nothing new at the local Walmart or Meijer stores.

Comment

The full contents on the case currently appearing at Morrisons is as follows:

Michael Rotor
                  Carl Clutcheon (x2)
                  Nick Pit-Tyre
                  Bryn Imageare
                  Barry dePedal (x2)
                  Jackson Storm (x2)
                  Dud Throttleman (x2)
                  Greta (x2)
                  Cam Spinner (x2)
                  Cruz Besauro
                  Vandon Kerr
                  Dinoco Cruz Ramirez (x2)
                  Metallic Rex Revler

This case has now started to appear at ASDA. I can confirm it is actually 976E with datestamp 0829A1 and the cars are all M12A.

Comment

• Last Thursday, I found Fabulous Lightning McQueen on 2019 card at Kmart! I am keeping him on card.

Comment

This case has now started to appear at ASDA. I can confirm it is actually 976E with datestamp 0829A1 and the cars are all M12A.
                      I went into an Asda today and there was a full case on a cage. I asked the stocker if I could look at them and it was a case code DXV29-976E and contained the scavenger Rex revler and only 1 Antonio. The worst bit was they wouldnt sell any of the cars as they were not on the system. I was told to come back at the weekend when they should be on sale. It was gutting to have to leave Cars I needed behind.
                      Last edited by VANDANCE; 07-24-2019, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post

I went into an Asda today and there was a full case on a cage. I asked the stocker if I could look at them and it was a case code DXV29-976E and contained the scavenger Rex revler and only 1 Antonio. The worst bit was they wouldnt sell any of the cars as they were not on the system. I was told to come back at the weekend when they should be on sale. It was gutting to have to leave Cars I needed behind.
                        Oh no! I would have been gutted as well to leave Cars behind, VANDANCE... do they have any self-scanning registers? There have been times I've scanned one single and put the one I needed in my bag - they are the same price... the only drawback is I may not be able to return the Car in case I don't need it for myself or a friend.

I hope you're able to get the Scavenger Hunt Rex Revler and Antonio you need this weekend.

Comment

• When are the new Blue Desert cardbacks due to arrive in the UK? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Justin View Post
                            When are the new Blue Desert cardbacks due to arrive in the UK? Thanks
                            I don't know for sure, Justin, but I would hope they'd be arriving in a month... they have been found at Walmart in the US so I would expect Asda would get them in the UK... there was a very quick cutover to the 2018-2019 Mattel year... for several years the Mattel year would start in November but we're seeing 2020 items starting in July 2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justin View Post
                              When are the new Blue Desert cardbacks due to arrive in the UK? Thanks
                              Historically, the UK has got case assortments on average, three months after the US. Quite often, they arrive in mainland Europe first, followed by Australia and the US. However, this pattern built up since around 2013, went out the window with Cars 3.

Like the rest of the world, retailers in the UK, massively over estimated the success of Cars 3 and ordered far too many early cases. This delayed the distribution of the remaining Cars 3 releases. Stuck with massive unsellable stocks throughout 2018, some retailers decided to drop Cars altogether.

Additionally, Toys R Us UK closed down in early 2018. This has had a catastrophic effect on the wider toy market. Supermarkets have reduced their toy aisles as the price of toys has risen much more than wages and general inflation.

It's only recent months that the UK has seen significant numbers of new cars in limited quantities. It would be nice to think that Mattel UK could distribute the many Cars that the UK has missed in 2018-2019 before moving to the new cardbacks!

Comment

• i ve found diddly squat recently, asda diddly, tesco squat, band m diddley, home bargains squat, entertainer havnt looked, disney havnt looked, sainsbury, prob a waste of time, cant think of anywhere else

Comment

Working...
                                X