Recent Finds - 2018 and 2019 Store Finds and Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
    ..I took a picture for ru5ty , he agrees too, they just become greedy sods.. the sad thing is that I could of bought about say half a dozen... that works out at 42 quid........ cycled home.. well chuffed
    Can you share the picture with us too or exclusive for Ru5ty?

Anatomical illustrations by Jake Parker

Comment

• Hey guys, I'm back now on this thread, sorry for the long wait.

Yesterday, I bought Strip Weathers AKA "The King" at Target to keep on card. (It's the Blue Desert one)

Comment

• In the U.K I found the one car that is a new single rather than a rerelease. It was Kurt the RRC next Gen trainee in primer grey with purple accents on the front and rear spoiler. There were 2 clips strips with 20 or so cars and he is the only new guy in the whole selection.

Comment

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
          In the U.K I found the one car that is a new single rather than a rerelease. It was Kurt the RRC next Gen trainee in primer grey with purple accents on the front and rear spoiler. There were 2 clips strips with 20 or so cars and he is the only new guy in the whole selection.
          Great find, VANDANCE! I hate to see that Mattel is once again releasing cases/assortments with only one new Car.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Originally posted by cac1959 View Post

Great find, VANDANCE! I hate to see that Mattel is once again releasing cases/assortments with only one new Car.
            The European clipstrip cases are not cases or assortments in the traditional sense. There are still 24 cars, but they are usually supplied attached to the plastic clipstrips in a flatpack box / carton / case. This explains why there are a high number of damaged cards. I've only ever seen a couple of full clipstrips in the box. The assortments have always been less than traditional case assortments, with two of most cars.

With the current assortments at ASDA and Morrisons in the UK, there are 2no. Kurts and 2no. Ryan 'Inside' Laney. Along with Metallic Sally, Ryan wasn't released on a 2018-2019 card in the UK.

I had a close look at the current clipstrip cars. Although the front of the card is shiny (in common with the other Thailand cars), the rear of the card appears to be cheaper recycled paper. I wonder if this is the way forward or maybe just restricted to the European clipstrip cards? All the cars in the clipstrip assortment have the same barcode 8 87961 48789 3. The assortment is: FFL05.

Comment

• spotted three case d on the top shelf in smyths, is there anything exciting in that I wonder

Comment

Working...
              X