Recent Finds - 2018/19/20/21/22/23/24 Store Finds and Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks so much Chris!

Went to a Woolworths today and picked up Mini Racers Jimbo. I then went to a Target store in Tuggeranong and got WGP LM and Nigel to keep carded. Afterwards, I went to Myer in the city and got Max Schnell to keep carded too! Lastly, I got Pileup from Target to keep carded in that same city.

Comment

• Went to a bunch of stores today and got several cars!

First off, I found Buck Bearingly at Zing Pop Culture, but sadly his cardback is beaten up. I am keeping him carded anyways.

Then I went to Coles and got Murray Clutchburn to keep carded, but he has the Chinese stickers on the back and I will get a label remover to peel them off, same with my carded Pileup.

I then went to Myer, picking up Sarge and Parker Brakeston to keep carded. Sadly, Parker’’s blister is falling off, but I will fix that with tape.

After lunch in the city, I went to the Green Shed and found Ice Racers Frosty for $1.50! They also had Purple Ramone, Cruisin’ Lightning McQueen and some plastic Cars 2 diecasts, but I left them all.

Lastly, but not least, I found 5 minis at a Woolworths! Picked up Flo, Faregame, Taco, Leroy Heming and Brand New Mater. This was a successful day today!

Comment

• Originally posted by SamB2003 View Post
        Went to a bunch of stores today and got several cars!

First off, I found Buck Bearingly at Zing Pop Culture, but sadly his cardback is beaten up. I am keeping him carded anyways.

Then I went to Coles and got Murray Clutchburn to keep carded, but he has the Chinese stickers on the back and I will get a label remover to peel them off, same with my carded Pileup.

I then went to Myer, picking up Sarge and Parker Brakeston to keep carded. Sadly, Parker’’s blister is falling off, but I will fix that with tape.

After lunch in the city, I went to the Green Shed and found Ice Racers Frosty for $1.50! They also had Purple Ramone, Cruisin’ Lightning McQueen and some plastic Cars 2 diecasts, but I left them all.

Lastly, but not least, I found 5 minis at a Woolworths! Picked up Flo, Faregame, Taco, Leroy Heming and Brand New Mater. This was a successful day today!
        Awesome finds, SamB2003! Nice job filling in with Cars 3 Cars from the past... great finds on Ice Racer Frosty and Mini Leroy Heming!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Got this from the Green Shed for $5.00 yesterday!

Comment

• I found these at the local Walmart Tuesday night after work... I did not buy the Speedy Comet Hauler as I have it from a friend in Canada... and I did not buy the Mud Racers as I've decided not to collect them.

The reset is taking a long time... no new singles or 2 packs at our Walmart... Deluxe are now on a shelf and not a peg... if we get decent weather Saturday maybe I'll go on a Cars hunt.

There are new Cars turning up in stores... basically California, Arizona, Texas, and Florida are getting them first... without a local Target there's not much around... and with winter storms the last 2 weekends I haven't gone out to do anything buy shovel snow.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Great finds Chris! Those of us in the UK, can only look to the US, Canada, Europe and Australia with envy.

It would appear that Mattel have overstocked the European '975A' case in the UK. They had sold out everywhere and the few new deliveries in 2019 have been the same case. Morrisons supermarkets have hit a new high price of £7.50 for standard singles, which is approx 9.75 USD or 8.50 Euros! Should any special editions come to the UK, that probably means they'll be £9 or more! Disney Stores still have them priced at £6.29 or 8.50 Euros.

Comment

• A week ago, I picked up Lightning McQueen as Chester Whipplefilter from Target and Tim Treadless from Zing Pop Culture to keep carded! And then the next day afterwards, I got Mini Racers Bobby Swift from Big W near my house!

Comment

• Nice additions, SamB2003! You're going to need a bigger room/house if you're going to collect both loose and carded Cars for your collection! Keep up the good work!

Comment

• Found and left the Deluxe Mud Racers at the local Meijer yesterday... They were $9.99 each plus tax... I have no regrets about not buying any of the Mud Racers.

So I've bought none of my only store finds within the last 4 weeks (Mud Racer singles, Speedy Comet Hauler, Deluxe Mud Racers).

Comment

• in uk and europe 9.99 dollars doesnt seem too bad, dont know what your tax is tho?

Comment

• The resets at the local Meijer and Walmart are still in progress and taking a long time... I did find this at the local Meijer late last week... the cardback is curved but I hope I can straighten it.

Still no new 2 packs and they set out loads of old singles... still nothing new at Walmart.

Our sales tax in my county is 7%, boogity.

Lots of people in other parts of the US are finding singles case D and the new 2 packs... we continue to wait in the Ohio Valley.

Comment

• February 14, 2019... Scavenger found the Speedy Comet Mud Racer single at a Walmart in Arizona.... I'll try to post a photo later... If I see this one in a store I will probably buy it... so far I've said no to the Mud Racers but my resolve is getting week.

While it looks like my Walmart got in 2 cases of of singles on February 10, there is still no sign of them in the store and my contact in Toys hasn't found them.

Comment

• It's great to see some new stuff in the UK at last, albeit not very much, but we'd love to see them at US prices. Mud Racer singles at £8.49 is about 11 USD. Crazy money. I can only guess that Mud Racer deluxe would be nearer to £20. Even crazier! It makes the Demo Derby singles at £6 look like a good price. The suggested price for standard singles in the UK is £7.99. That's why stores have blanked them!

Comment

• The good news is my local Walmart (the only one within 35 miles of the house) showed an increase of 48 Cars singles last Monday... I had my hopes up that I'd find the 2019 case D... I went over Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday to no avail... Friday night after dinner I found 2 cases added to the pegs... 2017 case C.... it's time to give up on shopping for Cars singles at the local Walmart.

I did find and purchase 2019 Deluxe Van Scanlane which is made in Thailand... I also found and purchased a Cigalert Minis 3 pack for a friend.. Note how the hole for the peg is different on the 2019 Deluxe Car - it's entirely in the card as opposed to being at the top of the cardback... I'll try to do a comparison of the made in Thailand Van Scanlane and the made in China Van Scanlane that came out in 2018.

Comment

• Found a new unopened case of 2 packs on a cart at Walmart Sunday morning... I took it to the Cars aisle, opened the case, pegged the case contents, and bought 4 of 12... I went back later and got 2 of the 3 Eric/Spikey 2 packs... Case contents are 3 each of Flo/Ramone and Eric/Spikey... 2 each of Doc/Jet, Hit/Run, and Tailgate/Pushover.

I made a quick trip to the Dayton area Saturday afternoon... At the 1 Target I went to I found 2 of the newest 11 packs on the shelf... The Target.com website showed them for $17.99.... the store would not only not match the price, they also wouldn't sell them at the $44.99 list price because they didn't have any in stock... even though my picture showed otherwise.... Dang....

Here's what I did buy at Target:

I'm caught up on the Minis 3 packs... still need a few of the singles as well as some that have only been in 10 or 15 packs.

Comment

Working...
                                X