Recent Finds - 2018/19/20/21/22/23/24 Store Finds and Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
    ..I took a picture for ru5ty , he agrees too, they just become greedy sods.. the sad thing is that I could of bought about say half a dozen... that works out at 42 quid........ cycled home.. well chuffed
    Can you share the picture with us too or exclusive for Ru5ty?

Anatomical illustrations by Jake Parker

Comment

• Hey guys, I'm back now on this thread, sorry for the long wait.

Yesterday, I bought Strip Weathers AKA "The King" at Target to keep on card. (It's the Blue Desert one)

Comment

• In the U.K I found the one car that is a new single rather than a rerelease. It was Kurt the RRC next Gen trainee in primer grey with purple accents on the front and rear spoiler. There were 2 clips strips with 20 or so cars and he is the only new guy in the whole selection.

Comment

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
          In the U.K I found the one car that is a new single rather than a rerelease. It was Kurt the RRC next Gen trainee in primer grey with purple accents on the front and rear spoiler. There were 2 clips strips with 20 or so cars and he is the only new guy in the whole selection.
          Great find, VANDANCE! I hate to see that Mattel is once again releasing cases/assortments with only one new Car.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Originally posted by cac1959 View Post

Great find, VANDANCE! I hate to see that Mattel is once again releasing cases/assortments with only one new Car.
            The European clipstrip cases are not cases or assortments in the traditional sense. There are still 24 cars, but they are usually supplied attached to the plastic clipstrips in a flatpack box / carton / case. This explains why there are a high number of damaged cards. I've only ever seen a couple of full clipstrips in the box. The assortments have always been less than traditional case assortments, with two of most cars.

With the current assortments at ASDA and Morrisons in the UK, there are 2no. Kurts and 2no. Ryan 'Inside' Laney. Along with Metallic Sally, Ryan wasn't released on a 2018-2019 card in the UK.

I had a close look at the current clipstrip cars. Although the front of the card is shiny (in common with the other Thailand cars), the rear of the card appears to be cheaper recycled paper. I wonder if this is the way forward or maybe just restricted to the European clipstrip cards? All the cars in the clipstrip assortment have the same barcode 8 87961 48789 3. The assortment is: FFL05.

Comment

• spotted three case d on the top shelf in smyths, is there anything exciting in that I wonder

Comment

• I finally found new Cars at the 2 stores in the county that still sell Cars... Meijer got new 2 packs (although there is even a newer case of 2 packs that has NO new Cars)... Walmart got in the Floyd Mulvihill singles case.

Meijer put out the rest of the case of 2 packs overnight... great to see a Bumper Save Tractor 2 pack on a decent condition card back... still no new singles but they only have 7 on the pegs... I got them all on 1 peg - the other 2 pegs for singles are now empty...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Found Case C singles at a Target store yesterday... bought these:

There have been reports of case D with Jonas and Faregame being found at Target stores in California... hopefully they show up soon.

Comment

• When I left for a week of vacation on January 23, the local Meijer had 2 Cars singles on the pegs and 8 2 packs... that was it for Cars merchandise... got back February 2 and there were 0 singles and 6 2 packs... and that was it... for 10 days straight there were no changes... Monday February 11 I went to the Meijer website and clicked on the contact us link... I reported the situation but didn’t think much of it... 1 hour later I received an email from corporate that the store director would be contacting me soon... the next morning one of the assistant managers from the store contacted me... today, February 13, there were singles in the pegs... the Harvey Rodcap, Silver Jackson Storm, Silver Chick Hicks case... I bought 3 Cars.

I explained that empty pegs did not make the store money... the replies agreed with me and thanked me for reporting the problem to them.

Meijer Cars selection: 2/1 through 2/12/2020:

Meijer Cars selection 2/13/20::

What I bought at Meijer 2/13/2020:

Walmart Deluxe: 2/13/2020:

This was the first time I'd seen Mater with Cone Teeth in a store... and I left it.

Comment

• Thursday March 5, 2020... I was going to work on a Throwback Thursday post this morning but I was pleasantly surprised at Meijer when I checked Toys before going to get bananas... singles case D on the pegs... I got 7 singles... I can now open Jonas Carvers, Faregame, and the other singles I now have 2 of.

And I did remember the bananas.

Here's what I bought:

I now have 2 of each of the new Cars and will be opening a Jonas Carvers, Faregame, Cruisin McQueen (has rear bumper sticker), Silver Miguel Camino, and Snot Rod... Snot Rod may be a very minor variant but I tend to buy every release of every one of the Tunerz on a new cardback... I like Snot Rod, Wingo, DJ, and Boost.

Comment

• Went to Walmart last night for the first time in 3 weeks... I was looking for Zinc tablets... they were out.

I found this back in the Cars area of toys:

They also had Rocket Racers, Mud Racers, and Drag Racers on clearance for $3.72 each... I've heard that there's a new series coming... this lends credence to that report.

Comment

• The local Meijer got in what appears to be 2020 Singles case K sometime in the last 4 days - it had been that long since I'd been in the store... I missed out on the Metallic Union Jack Ramone.

Here's what I found during my lunch break today: Dan Carcia and Dirkson D Agostino.

I'll pick up a few more singles from a friend tomorrow.

On a trip to Indy 2 weeks ago I found the Fan Favorites Flo and Guido/Luigi.

Most of my recent purchases have been from Eli at Get Me Collectibles - I'm still not going on Cars hunting trips due to the COVID-19 virus.

Comment

• Nice finds Chris!

The UK finds itself well behind as usual. Our last / current case assortment is 962C, which has some similarity to your 946C. I think you have had seven cases since then!

Comment

• Been a pretty good week for Cars finds at the local Meijer (1 of only 2 stores in my county that sells Cars)... I found the singles on Tuesday, and a Globie on Wednesday.

The bad news is there are now 4 Mack and 1 Van Scanlane on the Cars Deluxe peg.

Not that I've seen them, but there are reports of singles case H at Walmart stores as well as a new hauler.

Comment

• Wow, congrats cac1959, great Globie find in the wild!

Comment

Working...
                                X