No announcement yet.

Recent Finds - 2018/19/20/21/22/23/24 Store Finds and Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to Target on Mother’s Day yesterday afternoon, and saw a lot of singles, like the Bubba/Chase case, APB, and Cases A and B. Anyways, I scored four mini racers from Wave 3, which are Cal Weathers, Dinoco Cruz Ramirez, Smokey, and Dirt Track McQueen.

Comment

Nice find, SamB2003!

A friend of mine found the Sgt Highgear Deluxe case at a small town Walmart in eastern Indiana this morning (May 15, 2018)... he bought Sgt Highgear and the Blimp.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Sgt. Highgear was spotted in the D.C. area too FWIW.

Comment

Thanks, Chris!

Comment

Made a relatively short and quick Cars hunt today... I bought nothing at my first 3 Walmart stores... bought nothing at 5 Walgreens stores but did see a couple I would have bought had I not already had them... I bought nothing at 2 Target stores but did discover new DPCI numbers for 2018 diecasts... my best finds were a Precision Series Cozy Cone for $39.99 at a Tuesday Morning store and some singles at Walmart #4.

(Walmart #4 purchases)

(Target DPCI for the Brick/Cal 2 pack)

(Cozy Cone at home, lit up)

Walgreens finds - got excited when I saw Mario but then realized it was not the Scavenger Hunt version.
            Attached Files

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Stopped at Meijer before work this morning... found a box of the Wave 3 Mini Racers... asked on the PCD Facebook page if anyone knew which ones were new.

Went back at lunch and bought a set of 14 through 20 as well as a #38.

Here are the new ones:
              14 - Metallic Jackson Storm
              15 - Metallic Danny Swervez
              16 - Metallic Tim Treadless
              17 - Chester Whipplefilter
              18 - Cruz as Frances Beltline
              19 - APB
              20 - Jimbo
              38 - Metallic Cruz Ramirez... I already had 14 and 38 as part of 3 packs

Comment

Visual checklist

Comment

Went to Kmart last night, and scored the Metallic Lightning McQueen from Wave 3. Today, I went to a toy fair and scored the Dirt Track LMQ (2008 WOC card) and Neon Frosty (2014 card).

Comment

Here are a few store finds from yesterday...

Got a call from my local Hot Wheels friend yesterday... while checking for Hot Wheels he found a few Cars... was I interested in a Scavenger Hunt Mario Andretti with a creased cardback? I told him I was and he said he'd get it for me.

We met up at Meijer a few minutes later and he gave me the Mario.

I went to TJ Maxx late in the afternoon... found 2 Radiator Springs Classic singles and a 3 pack... that is the first time I've found Intro Ramone in a store and I think I only saw Flo once at a Toys R US and left her.

I almost missed the 3 pack - I wasn't expecting to find it... I'm definitely saddened to find Toys R US merchandise in other stores.

Then I went to Kroger to see what other Cars they had.... our Kroger hadn't had Cars in years.

The singles were not in the system... they would not scan at the register... hidden behind another tag they found a price tag showing $4.99 each which is pricey for one single.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I managed a Cozy Cone as well! Unfortunately though, I left my cell phone in Omaha, NE, so I could only report it right here. It was a bit more than I wanted to pay, but given the original price, still worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raginpage View Post
                        I managed a Cozy Cone as well! Unfortunately though, I left my cell phone in Omaha, NE, so I could only report it right here. It was a bit more than I wanted to pay, but given the original price, still worth it.
                        Awesome find on the Cozy Cone, Raginpage! Congratulations!

Comment

Made a quick run to the Dayton area yesterday afternoon... 3 Meijer, 3 Walmart, 2 Kroger, 1 Marshalls, and 1 Target... Cars purchases - 0... One Kroger had some 2018 singles that I didn't have, but I already had the Cars on other cardbacks and at $4.99 each I left them... 2 of the 3 Walmart stores had new deluxe cases but it was the Arvy/Miss Fritter/Charlie Cargo case... there's always next time.

Comment

Ran over to Target/Walgreen's/Marshall's on my lunch break in Rocky River Ohio. Target had restocked on old 2017 singles. They did have some 2018 two packs and deluxe's. Marshall's had nothing but old 2017 cars, as did Walgreens.

Comment

Went on what was going to be a fairly short Cars hunt yesterday... due to construction and detours it added a couple hours to my trip... I did find and/or buy a few things:

Singles purchased at Walmart stores 1 and 2:

This was the first time I've seen Conrad Camber and Sheldon Shifter in a store.

Deluxe from Walmart #1 and Jocko Flocko Mack Hauler from Walmart #3:

TJ Maxx #3 purchases:

This was the first time I've seen the RSC Primer McQueen single in a store - the Wave 3 minis came from a Meijer.

I saw the 3 packs at Kroger Marketplace store #2... I left them all.

Both Target stores had nothing new in the way of Cars but I did get a free Hot Wheels car at the first Target Hot Wheels collector event - the HW people were upset that it wasn't exactly like the Kmart HW events have been with new cases.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Had some luck at target in north olmstead today. Picked up a scavenger hunt Bobby Swift along with a couple other newer releases.

Comment

Working...
                                X