Recent Finds - 2018/19/20/21/22/23/24 Store Finds and Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Finds - 2018/19/20/21/22/23/24 Store Finds and Purchases

Please post your 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021,2022, 2023 and 2024 store finds and purchases in this thread... many thanks!

It's been brutally cold in the eastern Indiana area the last week or so and is going to continue to be so this week... the local Walmart finally put out a Cars dump bin on Christmas Eve... it contained the Taco/Cigalert/Fabulous Lightning McQueen case that was out 3 to 4 months earlier... Sigh.

I did realize that I no longer had a complete set of the Walmart Movie Moments singles Demo Derby Cars so I bought McQueen as Chester Whipplefilter, Superfly, and Bill... I'll have to open them someday.

I haven't been in a Target or Toys R US store for over 3 weeks.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Scored Primer Lightning McQueen from TRU today, completing my collection of the 5 TRU exclusive RSC cars - Primer LMQ, Sally w/Tattoo, Flo, Fillmore and Intro Ramone!

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie McQueen View Post
      Scored Primer Lightning McQueen from TRU today, completing my collection of the 5 TRU exclusive RSC cars - Primer LMQ, Sally w/Tattoo, Flo, Fillmore and Intro Ramone!
      It'll be interesting to see if Mattel and TRU continue with the *exclusive* Radiator Springs (Classic) series or branding. TRU is set to downsize significantly in the UK and US and maybe other parts of the world too? Less stores probably means lower sales numbers means lower buying/bargaining power.

In the UK, the 2017 Cars Toon singles series was passed up by ASDA (Wal*Mart owned) and the UK's second biggest supermarket chain, Sainsburys took it on, so far exclusively. Time will tell if this is permanent fixture or not. All the supermarkets have been downsizing their non-food space, no doubt as online sales, spearheaded by Amazon gradually kill off the High Street and now retail parks!

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie McQueen View Post
        Great score! Hopefully those hit the US soon.
        Youtube Channel RCcars5 | Google Plus Community Disney Cars & Planes Community

Comment

Originally posted by RCcars5 View Post
          Great score! Hopefully those hit the US soon.
          Thanks so much! Hopefully they will soon lol. They probably will, considering that Scott/Red/Tractor have hit the US, although at the same time, I'm not sure if they will because of the 2018 cars lol

Comment

Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
            It'll be interesting to see if Mattel and TRU continue with the *exclusive* Radiator Springs (Classic) series or branding. TRU is set to downsize significantly in the UK and US and maybe other parts of the world too? Less stores probably means lower sales numbers means lower buying/bargaining power.

In the UK, the 2017 Cars Toon singles series was passed up by ASDA (Wal*Mart owned) and the UK's second biggest supermarket chain, Sainsburys took it on, so far exclusively. Time will tell if this is permanent fixture or not. All the supermarkets have been downsizing their non-food space, no doubt as online sales, spearheaded by Amazon gradually kill off the High Street and now retail parks!
            I think that they will continue the RSC series in other parts of the world, they'll probably make another wave of them in 2018 or 2019. I don't think they'll downsize in Australia however, as they opened roughly 7 new stores in Aus last year.

Comment

Was very surprised to see a Lightning McQueen with Shovel on 2017 card at Target today! Picked it up anyways.

Comment

9 days through 2018... I've made no trips to Meijer/Kmart/Walmart/Kohls in search of Cars and have not made any trips out of town to Target or Toys R US or more Walmart or Meijer stores... I have a 3 day weekend coming up this weekend but the weather forecast is calling for a significant snowstorm Friday and Saturday of 6 to 16 inches of snow likely... we'll find out more on Thursday... if we get heavy snow I won't be going anywhere in search of Cars this weekend.

A friend in Florida found the Leakless and Gasprin launchers at a Walmart store and found the 2 new Minis 3 packs at Target earlier today... I haven't heard of reports of much else... Sigh...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Scored the Brian Spark launcher yesterday.

Comment

Oh and on that same day, I saw a opened Cars 3 card blister bubble at a TRU with the Constanzo Della Corsa with tapes on it. These thieves....

Comment

Originally posted by SamB2003 View Post
                      Scored the Brian Spark launcher yesterday.
                      Great score!

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SamB2003 View Post
                          Thanks.
                          No problem.

Comment

I took advantage of a day off to go on a Cars hunt yesterday... 5 Walmart, 1 Target, 2 Meijer, and 1 Kroger Marketplace... I bought a Precision Series Flo at the first Meijer I stopped at... I saw the Minis 3 packs at 2 Walmart stores and 1 Target but already have them... I'd hoped to find the new Walmart 5 pack with next gen Bumper Save but no stores had them... my local Walmart had the Lightning McQueen launcher (quantity 6) but I don't want or need it... no next gen 4 packs at the Target store.

The roads were not good - it was snowing and the snow was blowing... I cut my trip short... I'm so ready for winter to be over and to find new Cars in stores once again.

Nice find on the Brian Spark launcher, SamB2003 - congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                              I took advantage of a day off to go on a Cars hunt yesterday... 5 Walmart, 1 Target, 2 Meijer, and 1 Kroger Marketplace... I bought a Precision Series Flo at the first Meijer I stopped at... I saw the Minis 3 packs at 2 Walmart stores and 1 Target but already have them... I'd hoped to find the new Walmart 5 pack with next gen Bumper Save but no stores had them... my local Walmart had the Lightning McQueen launcher (quantity 6) but I don't want or need it... no next gen 4 packs at the Target store.

The roads were not good - it was snowing and the snow was blowing... I cut my trip short... I'm so ready for winter to be over and to find new Cars in stores once again.

Nice find on the Brian Spark launcher, SamB2003 - congratulations!
                              Great find, hope you find the Flip/Steve 4 pack, the Paul/Ryan 5 pack and the other Cars stuff that you need soon!

Comment

Working...
                              X