This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
    Heads up UK collectors: I just found Tokoyo Mater singles in Asda. Same price as main line singles. Happy hunting
    Thanks for the heads up!!!!!

I had a good look around this morning in the London area. Absolutely nothing although a couple of stores said there was a toys reset due in the next week or so!

I got nearer to Central London and popped into a smaller ASDA store and hey presto, there was a near full case of Tokyo Mater singles!

It looks like it's the equivalent of the Case A that came out in the US a few months ago.

4 - Dragon Lightning McQueen
    3 - Drift Party Mater
    2 - Komodo
    2 - Manji
    1 - Kyandee

They are on an international card (with the names on the front as opposed to an image).

It was great getting them at £5 a pop too!

Comment

• Thanks for the update and insight, niftynigel... and you are so right when you mention that Mattel knows how to turn people off collecting.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Toysrus (Hayes branch, dont know about others) have christmas Sally, McQueen, Ramone, Doc Hudson & Sheriff on a Green card

Comment

• Originally posted by H15LHR View Post
          Toysrus (Hayes branch, dont know about others) have christmas Sally, McQueen, Ramone, Doc Hudson & Sheriff on a Green card
          The TRU branch I visit have had the Christmas cars in stock all year! They were left over from last Christmas! What's worse is they remained full price, subsequently not sold any so there wil be no need for TRO to order more. I mean, who will pay £8.99 for a Christmas car in summer?!!

Comment

The TRU branch I visit have had the Christmas cars in stock all year! They were left over from last Christmas! What's worse is they remained full price, subsequently not sold any so there wil be no need for TRO to order more. I mean, who will pay £8.99 for a Christmas car in summer?!!
            Maybe someone who has just started collecting & never seen them before, & who should have read more of the forum before joining & making their 1st post

Comment

• Originally posted by H15LHR View Post
              Maybe someone who has just started collecting & never seen them before, & who should have read more of the forum before joining & making their 1st post
              Hey dude, no offence, I just think it's laughable TRU still has last xmas stockin more than just my local branch!

Comment

• Distribution of Cars and Planes (and a lot of other toys) often leaves a lot to be desired... someone in the US found the lenticular Christmas Cars that were at some Kroger stores last November within the last month, and they were were still regular (full) price.

And what's more amazing to me is that there are still loads of Finn McMissile and the Finn/Tomber 2 packs from the May 16, 2011 release date at full price at a lot of stores everywhere... and TRU stores have Radiator Springs Classic Bug Mouth McQueen by the dozen at full price.

Welcome to the forum, H15LHR... glad to have you with us... finding Cars you've never seen before is a great feeling.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• The christmas stock at TRU is strange, each TRU I have been to, still has them. I have been waiting for the reduction, but it hasn't happened.

Comment

• Me too, £8.99 is crazy for a regular single (unless it was the apple car!) I'm not even sure I'd buy them at half price...

Comment

Hey dude, no offence, I just think it's laughable TRU still has last xmas stockin more than just my local branch!
                      none taken

Comment

• Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                        Distribution of Cars and Planes (and a lot of other toys) often leaves a lot to be desired... someone in the US found the lenticular Christmas Cars that were at some Kroger stores last November within the last month, and they were were still regular (full) price.

And what's more amazing to me is that there are still loads of Finn McMissile and the Finn/Tomber 2 packs from the May 16, 2011 release date at full price at a lot of stores everywhere... and TRU stores have Radiator Springs Classic Bug Mouth McQueen by the dozen at full price.

Welcome to the forum, H15LHR... glad to have you with us... finding Cars you've never seen before is a great feeling.
                        Many Thanks for the Welcome

Comment

• Asda had the Radiator Springs 500 3 pack with exclusive Ramone on sale at £20 each. First time I have seen them in store.

Cheers

Comment

• I won't be buying it at that price!

Comment

• that tru stock hasnt been away from the shelves for about 3 years at least, and its not is if they have anything decent in the range!
                              Originally posted by foxrfc View Post
                              The christmas stock at TRU is strange, each TRU I have been to, still has them. I have been waiting for the reduction, but it hasn't happened.

Comment

• They are down to 4.99 now

Comment

Working...
                                X