This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
    It scanned at $35.99 at the Muncie (Indiana) store Friday night - I was not happy.
    It was online only price for a limited time. Back to regular $36 online now as well.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
      It was online only price for a limited time. Back to regular $36 online now as well.
      Yah, when I got mine I took it to customer service. The looked it up on the website and priced match the online price for me.

"Play is often talked about as if it were a relief from serious learning. But for children play is serious learning. Play is really the work of childhood."
      Fred Rogers

Comment

January 19, 2013... Walmart has raised prices on Cars... singles are now $3.88 (were $3.47)... 2 packs are now $7.47 (were $6.88).

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Price comparisions by region and country are quite difficult as there are so many variations in the open competitive markets, but I'll have a go.

In the US local state sales taxes are added to the stickered prices. I've assumed an average of about 6.5% (although I appreciate that it can vary wildly).

In the UK, current single prices have just risen to a RRP of Ł5.99 GBP. Some sellers will keep their prices low, certainly for Cars 2 / old stock.

Also the UK is subject to 20% sales tax, which is included in the price. I think the sales tax levels are slightly higher in most other European countries. It's only recently that the UK raised VAT (value added tax) from 17.5% to 20%. Apart from a one year reduction in 2009, the last rise was from 15% to 17.5% in 1992.

If we take the UK as a benchmark (GBP) this is how it works out (in rough terms):

Singles:

UK 5.99 GBP (Disney Store Cars 2 4.50 GBP; Others typically 5.00 GBP) (Mattel 2013 RRP = 5.99 GBP)

US 2.75 GBP (4.25 USD) ~ Exchange rate 1.5480 (Historical average 1.65 = 2.58 GBP)

AUS 6.85 GBP (10.00 AUD) ~ Exchange rate 1.4620 (Historical average 2.50 = 4.00 GBP)

Europe 8.61 GBP (9.99 EURO) ~ Exchange rate 1.1601 (GBP/Euro was set up as 1.60 = 6.24 GBP) (Historical average 1.45 = 6.89 GBP)

The UK actually comes out quite well!

The exchange rate varies quite considerably over time. The GBP is particularly weak at the moment, so those prices are artifically inflated.
          Last edited by niftynigel; 01-24-2013, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Canada: $6.72 + taxes (average at 11%, but varies by province from 5% to 15%)

(I have no idea what the rest of what you mention is...but thought it could help out lol)

Transformers for Trade
            Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Toys R Us starting 2/17/13 is having a Buy 1 Get 1 1/2 Off sale on all Cars Diecast and Sets. So if your lucky enough to have anything in your TRU this week could save you a couple bucks!! Also I believe if you have bought anything recently you can go back and get a price adjustment!
              Last edited by Scavenger; 02-16-2013, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up, Scavenger...

The TRU I stopped at had next to nothing in the store... I was going to ask if they were closing... then I heard employees say they were getting ready to move into a larger store 4 stores up with a combined Babies R Us... that explained it.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Target sale B1G1 50% off + $5 deluxe and planes diecast

Check out my trades list, it's always up to date : http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...st-take-a-peek!

Comment

Thanks for the information, All4Mase... Maybe I can stop by a Target this week.

While Meijer has Cars and Planes singles buy 2 get one free this week, there's nothing at the local store worth buying... now if they changed it to buy 2 get 10 free I might take the 24 pegwarmers off the pegs.

Comment

Working...
                    X