Recent finds: May 2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent finds: May 2011

Greetings all... went down to my in-laws for Mother's Day weekend... was able to stop at a few stores...

Kohl's: Scored 5 launchers from case A (2 Shu and 1 each of Nigel, Max, and McQueen)... I left 7 launchers behind... they also had 2 full cases of the 3 packs and 12 pullbacks.

CVS: (drugstore) - stopped at 2 CVS stores... score Lights and Sounds Finn McMissile at 1, and Mater at the other... I like the 1:55 scale Lights and Sounds Cars... Just need McQueen... $9.99 each - pricey, but I have them... they also had Deluxe Finn for $9.99 as well.

Walmart: scored 2 Gask-Its Lightyear Launchers on clearance for $7 each.

Unable to stop at any more stores... my wife and 23 year old son don't understand my Cars addiction.

I'll be heading to Indianapolis next Sunday and/or Monday to shop til I drop on the 16th...
    Last edited by cac1959; 05-11-2011, 05:24 PM. Reason: Modifying title

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

I feel your pain Chris!

Comment

I went to 2 TRU's, 3 Wallmarts and 2 Zellers this weekend (my wife thought I was shopping for a mothers day present haha) to search for El Materdors
      Nothing on the selves but Shifty Drug and Vinyl Toupee haulers and lots of the large size Cartoon McMeans...
      Canada is a wasteland

Comment

Went home at lunch today to find that my replacement cell phone had been delivered... as well as 2 packages with Cars... 1 for cvc1968, and the other for me... I will add photos later - I'm going to open up a set of Cars2 launchers tonight and take pictures - including side by side McQueen launchers from Cars and Cars2.
        Last edited by cac1959; 05-11-2011, 05:30 PM.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Thanks Chris, can't wait to see what has arrived for both you and I!

Comment

Found price tags for the new Cars2 items at the local Meijer this morning... found out that they have 4 pallets loaded with merchandise that will be going on sale at 12:01 am on Monday May 16... Talked with a toy department manager at the local Walmart this evening - they have loads of merchandise in the back and it will be going on sale at 12:01 am on Monday May 16... Stopped at the local Elder Beerman store - found a singles case C and bought the 3 Rod Torque Redline even though they were $5.99 plus tax each...
            Last edited by cac1959; 05-13-2011, 02:27 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Showed up at my local TRU at opening to find a whole wall of Cars 2 stuff. Picked up a bunch of singles and a few metallic McQueens - I kinda wish I had got a couple more of those since there were only six on the pegs, but paying the deluxe price for a single seemed a little ridiculous. The Ridermakerz stuff looked cool, but spendy. On a side note, with me and 2 friends hitting 3 different TRUs, only 2 Carla Velosos were found between us. Get em while you can.

Comment

nice finds SB; i looked at TRU, Wallmart and Zellers today in Canada and found...nothing!!

Comment

I left for Indianapolis at 9:30 this morning, and got home at 10:30 this evening... after 45 minutes at home checking e-mail and PayPal balance, I went to the local Walmart - no Cars2 items at all... fortunately, the manager on duty had 2 pallets brought out and I was able to get a few of the Movie Moments and some of the Walmart exclusive 2 packs (which are in case V4800-999A)...

I may add pictures later - it's 1:15 am and I'm planning on getting up early to go to either Indianapolis again or Dayton to get what I still need - the Kmart exclusive single and 2 packs (if available) and the Target 4 pack with the McQueen Fan (which I don't really think will be out yet).

I scored all 3 TRU 5 packs - the $15.99 sale price made the difference... the TRU Metallic McQueen exclusive, 4 sets of GeoTrax, Lights and Sounds 1:55 singles (the Walmart exclusive Spy Mater is awesome)... And I did buy the Ridemakerz Lightning Mater complete kit that was on sale for $35.99... pricey, but nice... Walmart had Case B deluxe and TRU had case A... Case C singles at Walmart and Case B at TRU... Only 1 Kmart out of 3 had any indication that Cars2 items would be out on May 16; the other 2 had loads of very old stock... I scored a Target 9 pack set for $7.48 at one of two Target stores that I went to - no sign of any Cars2 coming attractions at either of the 2...

You can see more photos of yesterday's finds at:

http://s560.photobucket.com/albums/s...Cars2_May2011/
                  Last edited by cac1959; 05-16-2011, 11:05 AM. Reason: Added photos

Comment

May 16, 2011 finds... Kmart was an epic failure - totally unprepared for Cars2 sales... with help, at one store of 6, I found this:

I had to ask someone to bring out merchandise... Inside was:

Front view:

Found this at a Target store today... totally unexpected:

It's been a very expensive last 2 days... and had I not gotten singles, 2 packs, 3 packs, 4 packs, and launchers before, it would have been even more expensive...

Comment

Great finds Cac1959!!!
                      I was up early too for my TRU opening; they only had the singles and some mm packs
                      Love the Kmart exclusives and that Charge N race set is very cook

Comment

Awesome finds Chris! You must have spent a fortune!

Comment

Let's put it this way... I've spent a lot more than I should have... or planned to... but... what's a Cars-a-holic to do?

And I can't believe how much I'm leaving behind at stores... it's definitely Cars overload!

Comment

Ditto on my K-Mart experience, cac. The first two K-Marts had no idea what I was talking about, and while the third also gave me a blank stare, some detective work turned up a single sealed case on a pallet in the middle of he floor. I ripped it open and grabbed four (2 for a friend), although now I wish I had gotten a couple more. When I got to the register, the lady asked me where the heck I found these, people have been asking for them all day, etc..

Always on the ball, the K-hole is.

Comment

ru5ty - I spotted a padre in sainsburys at tillysburn, the pos infront of it was 4.99, someone had mixed up the labels or put the padres in the wrong place, I think you could push the issue and get it for 4.99 rather than 9.99, I didnt do that cos I looked at padre again and realised he,s not even worth a fiver!!
                              then went up til tesco, but there was only "diddly squat" and I,ve seen him many times in the past!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X