Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which best describes how you intend to collect Planes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which best describes how you intend to collect Planes?

The Disney Movie Planes comes out on August 9... Disney Store Planes products are already available to purchase in stores and online... Mattel Planes products have a street date of June 28, 6 weeks before the release of the movie in the US.

Which of the following best describes how you intend to collect Planes merchandise.

1. I'm not going to collect any of them.
    2. I'm only going to buy the non-plane toys.
    3. I'm only going to buy a few of them.
    4. I'm going to buy only the Disney Store merchandise.
    5. I'm going to buy only the Mattel merchandise.
    6. I'm going to buy all Disney Store and Mattel merchandise.

Looking forward to your replies.
    I'm not going to collect any of them
    12.50%
    I'm only going to buy the non-plane toys
    4.17%
    I'm only going to buy a few of them
    25.00%
    I'm going to buy only the Disney Store merchandise
    16.67%
    I'm going to buy only the Mattel merchandise
    33.33%
    I'm going to buy all Disney Store and Mattel merchandise
    8.33%

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
    The Disney Movie Planes comes out on August 9... Disney Store Planes products are already available to purchase in stores and online... Mattel Planes products have a street date of June 28, 6 weeks before the release of the movie in the US.

Which of the following best describes how you intend to collect Planes merchandise.

Hmmmmm...I guess mostly 2, a little 3 and a pinch of 6....lol XD

Comment

It will all depend upon the interest that my kids have in them.

Comment

Number 5 for me

Comment

I would like to say 4 but its likely gonna be 6 once I see them in person.
          I know the Disney Store Cars and Planes don't get much love but I like em

Comment

I prefer Disney Store Cars to Mattel Cars and I'm guessing it will be the same with Planes. I ordered 3 Planes along with some Tokyo Maters from Disney Store to check them out. My wife loved the Planes and asked me to buy them all from the Disney Store. She mentioned that Planes in Mattel size (1:55) would not look right as they are too small for Planes. I think I agree but we'll see when they come out.
            I'm planning to pass on Mattel Planes but it really depends on my son. I've not yet ordered the rest of the Disney Store Planes as the current order arrived poorly packed and nearly every single item had a cracked case.

Comment

I'm gonna say 3...for now...

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post

Not over here in UK/Europe DS they're not. Yet oddly, the Mattel stuff has been released in mainland Europe already (Netherlands so far). Frustrating all round.

As to the thread question then...

Looking at the quality between both lines, I'm going to stick with DS but only Bravo, Echo and Hector although I can foresee Chug being on someone's wish list also. The only Mattel release that interests me is the Yorkie aircraft carrier set.

So I guess that puts me in categories 3] and 4].

Comment

I will probably collect Planes the same way I collect Cars. Mostly Mattel product with a select few Disney Store products.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                  http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I am not going to collect them. Ill buy one or two for Cleary and watch the movie but space and money are limited. Too many cars left to buy still.

Comment

I won't collect them unless I think the line will be as successful as Cars. Would like to see a factory sealed set of planes - that might draw me in

Comment

#3. So far the only ones I want are Dusty, Skipper, and Ishani.

Comment

I voted for #3 - I'm only going to collect a few of them... ask me 2 months from now and we'll see if I changed my mind.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

i'm not going to let mattel frustrate me any more than they already do so option 1 for me

Comment

I know I won't be able to get one or two without feeling it necessary to get all the others, so I'm out completely.

Comment

Working...
                              X