Which Deluxe case do you feel is the best

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Deluxe case do you feel is the best

Time for another Cars poll... some of you may have started collecting after some of these cases were released... some of these cases were released in a very limited basis... some never appeared in the US... some never appeared in the UK... While I ordered some of these and saw some of them in stores, distribution was interesting and challenging, to say the least... In your opinion, which of the following Deluxe cases do you feel is the best?

1. Race O Rama case H with Frank (x3) and 1 each of Lightning Storm McQueen, Marco, and RPM Semi
    2. Night Skyline case R with Bessie (x2), TJ (x2), and 1 each of Lightning Storm McQueen and Sven
    3. Night Skyline case U (UK release) with 2 each of Chuck Choke Cables, Brian Parks Motors, and Stu Bop
    4. Cars2 2011 case G with 2 each of Pope, Popemobile, and Submarine Finn McMissile
    5. Cars2 2012 case R with Funny Car Mater (x3), Kimura Kaizo (x2), and The Queen (x1)
    6. Cars2 case T (Singapore release) with 1 each of Taco Truck Mater, Taia Decotura, Funny Car Mater, The Queen, Double Decker Bus, and Red
    7. 2013 case E with Materhosen (x2) and 1 each of Francesco Fan Mater, Elvis, Dustin Mellows, and Mack
    8. Other - please list in your reply

(Race O Rama case H and Night Skyline case R contents from case list maintained by arbara, admin, Carsthetoys.com:
    http://carsthetoys.yuku.com/topic/51...1#.UbMKYtj4Kxk

(2013 case E case list contents from PCD member Cars4josh)

Other case lists from personal experience.
    Race O Rama case H
    13.33%
    Night Skyline case R
    13.33%
    Night Skyline case U
    20.00%
    Cars2 2011 case G
    0.00%
    Cars2 2012 case R
    0.00%
    Cars2 case T
    26.67%
    2013 case E
    20.00%
    Other - please list
    6.67%

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

As a long time collector, this is a tough one for me... I have narrowed it down to 2 of them... and if I had to pick just one, I'd go with #3... At the time of release, none of Chuck Choke Cables, Brian Parks Motors, or Stu Bop had been released (Stu Bop was later released in the Take Flight series)... My other favorite is #6, Cars2 case T which was first released in Singapore.

It's not that Deluxe Cars don't sell... it's due to case assortments and distribution, certain Deluxe Cars don't sell.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Other -- the Toons case with El Materdor

Comment

The case I would most like to have is #2, even if it had one Bessie that would do for me. As a late collector she is very hard to find at a decent price.

My choice for best case is probably #6 due to the new Cars and variety.

Comment

A Case with 6 different cars is always great. Case T would have been nice to see around here.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I left the Deluxe Toons cases out on purpose... I received El Materdor from friends in the UK... it was also released in Canada...

Deluxe Toons Case L
            2 Rescue Squad Mater
            2 Dare Devil McQueen
            2 El Materdor

Comment

I really want Bessie so it's hard to choose case t seems to be the best as far as assortment goes

Comment

There were lots of Deluxe cases...

World of Cars cardback - 2 cases (A and B)
                Race o Rama cardback - 8 cases
                Night Skyline cardback - 8 cases (2 were UK only)

The problem with the Deluxe cases was many of them contained 3 or 4 semis (cab only)... I quit buying the semis after awhile because I had the hauler which also included the trailer - I liked the hauler - I felt the trailer is what added character to the character... I never bought Octane Gain Semi... I no longer have a No Stall semi as GotFrank used it in a custom hauler... those of you who have been collecting for many years remember going into stores and seeing just Semis remaining on the pegs.

It's not that Deluxe Cars didn't sell... it was case assortments that caused Deluxe Cars that were Semis to remain on the pegs and give the appearance that Deluxe Cars didn't sell.

I also didn't list the last US Deluxe case (on Night Skyline cardback) in the poll... it was a pretty good case, in my opinion, but I only saw it at 2 Walmart stores.

Leroy Traffik with Snow Tires - x2
                Miles (box truck) - x2
                Marco Axelbender - x1
                Elvis - x1

What did all of the cases listed in the poll except for Race O Rama case H have in common? No Semis.

I only saw the Bessie case at Burlington Coat Factory stores in the US, and only twice... A few others saw it at Kohls... I'm not sure if it was ever found at other stores in the US... When a case with an eagerly awaited Car doesn't show up at Walmart, Target, Kmart, or Toys R US, you know there's a problem with case assortments and distribution... Those stores got stuck with non-selling Deluxe inventory - but it was specific non-selling Cars... without a doubt, better case assortments would have made for better sales.

Comment

I love me some Mater....Case E

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Worst case
                    Cars 2
                    Sub Finn
                    Hydrofoil Finn
                    Holley w/ wings

Not sure if that was an exact case, but you get the point.

Ka-Chigga, Ka-Chow, and Ka-Ciao! - DjB

Comment

I went with case T as 4 of the 6 were hard to come by and I never found them in a store

Comment

Working...
                      X