Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do you sneak out to Cars shop when visiting family?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do you sneak out to Cars shop when visiting family?

How often do you sneak out to Cars shop when visiting family? Sometimes we need to get away... sometimes we can shop at stores we don't have access to at home... sometimes it may take me 5 hours to make the 2.5 hour trip to my wife's parents because I may stop at several stores in Indianapolis on the way down...

1. Almost always
    2. Usually
    3. Sometimes
    4. Rarely
    5. Never

Looking forward to your answers.
    1. Almost always
    57.14%
    2. Usually
    23.81%
    3. Sometimes
    0.00%
    4. Rarely
    14.29%
    5. Never
    4.76%

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

I voted for almost always although I don't really sneak out... I announce that I'm going... For example, when we visit my wife's parents, I'll ask if they need anything from Walmart... and I'll stop at Kmart and Big Lots on my trip...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

When travelling anywhere, I like to stop at stores I don't normally go in. You never know what you'll find.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
      http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

5. Never - family time is precious.

Think you might have to redefine the use of "family" though as using your example Chris, it's very different when you need any excuse to escape the in-laws.

Comment

Good point, Enzo... I won't spend hours looking for Cars when visiting family... but I will offer to drive to pick up groceries or something... I don't need to escape my in-laws - they just have 1 TV and I'm not into watching the Food Network or so called 'Reality" TV.

Several years ago, my grandson would go with me to go to Meijer or Walmart to look for Cars... I always hoped he'd go to a Kmart event with me... now that he's outgrown Cars, no one wants to go with me when I walk into a store to look for Cars.

Comment

Not necessarily when visiting family, but as bobbyjack said, whenever traveling I stop at stores on the way in the hopes of finding something new (or old)...

Comment

Something makes me feel like this was influenced by my sneaking out while visiting family at Kansas City last weekend

I voted for #2 - Usually. Sometimes when I'm with family I cannot leave their house, but that's usually only if I stay for just a day. If I'm over at a family member's house for the weekend or for multiple days I normally always sneak out and look for Cars. It's especially fun for me since I have more choices to look in other bigger cities than just one Walmart and one Kmart like I have in Quincy.

Comment

Number 1+ LOL
                I try to sneak out of everywhere I am when I know there is a store I wanna hit up!! Doesn't mean I always get to, but I try!!
                Last edited by Scavenger; 07-09-2013, 07:37 PM.

Comment

We always hunt to an fro grandmama house! We also ask grandma if she wants to go shopping while we are there to visit ... the answer is usually yes.

Comment

I plan trips around car hunts
                    I rarely leave the house without stopping somewhere to look for cars

Comment

Me too carslover! I have multiple routes I take just going home from work each day to hit up different store throughout the week!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scavenger View Post
                        Me too carslover! I have multiple routes I take just going home from work each day to hit up different store throughout the week!!
                        I thought I was the only one who did that.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I don't have multiple routes to and from work...

I do check for Kmart/Target/Walmart/Toys R Us store when on vacation... a few years ago, while up in Michigan looking at lighthouses, I planned routes between lighthouses that took us by stores.

Comment

I generally do not sneak out while visiting, but certainly stop on the way there and back.

Comment

Ha ha, there's some serious addictive behaviour being outed here.

Comment

Working...
                              X