Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we change how we organize Recent Finds on PCD?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we change how we organize Recent Finds on PCD?

As we are now at the end of August, we'd like your thoughts and input on PCD site organization concerning Recent Finds.

We started out with a new thread for Recent Finds on a monthly basis... that worked fairly well in the beginning when we were a small, newer site... membership and activity has increased... we split the monthly finds into 2 threads, one for Store Purchases and one for online purchases and trades.

We also started a thread for UK Finds that has been going on for several months - in fact it's probably time to create a new one... We've received suggestions that a thread for Europe finds might be a good one... so we'd like your input... keep it like we've been doing, or organize finds like this:

US Store Finds - we could then have sub-forums/topics for various US stores
    UK Store Finds - we could then have sub-forums/topics for various UK stores
    Europe Store Finds
    Asia Store Finds
    Canada Store Finds
    South America Store Finds
    Online Purchases and Trades

We could keep an eye on the amount of posts in these areas and open new threads for finds every 3 months or so, depending on the amount of posts in the threads.

I like to know when new Cars are being found as well as where new Cars are being found... I know some of our members prefer to buy and trade only within their country, but many of us trade with people all over the world... and it might be easier for all of us to find out about new finds if we emphasize the Where before the When.

So here are your choices:

1. Keep it the same as we've been doing it
    2. Change as outlined above

Looking forward to your input - we appreciate your support of PCD.

The PCD Management Team.
    Keep it the same
    58.33%
    Change as outlined - emphasis on where before when
    41.67%

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

I vote for keep it the same #1
    it is nice to see what has been found in all country's in one place

Comment

I like it the way it is. I don't like change And we can see what's happening around the world in one spot.

Comment

I vote for #2, mainly for the store by store breakdown. Typically go to t5 or CTT before this site, mainly for that reason. It's easier to track what stores are getting what when, which can be used to throttle store visits and expand searches to out of the way locations.

Comment

I'd say keep it like it is. I like seeing whats found not only in the US but everywhere else in one place.
          "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

I say keep it the same, I like the monthly finds threads.
            RBCars77 check out my YouTube Channel @ RCcars5

Comment

#2 change!
              My collection: http://www.jokibe.forumgratuit.lu/t2...cas-und-victor

Comment

maybe just keep it as it is

Comment

I voted to keep it the same. Maybe when we get more members, we can break it down locally, but I think it works fine right now.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                  http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Working...
                  X