Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many miles you travel, round trip, in order to make a good Cars run?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many miles you travel, round trip, in order to make a good Cars run?

1. Under 25
    2. 26 - 50
    3. 51 - 75
    4. 76 - 100
    5. 101 - 125
    6. 126 - 150
    7. 151 - 175
    8. 176 - 200
    9. Over 200

If I go to Dayton (Ohio), I'm between 176 and 200 miles by the time I make all my stops... If I go to Indianapolis or Cincinnati, it's closer to 250 miles... Without Target or Toys R US near me, I make lengthy drives in search of Cars when there are new Cars waiting to be found...

In our county we have one Walmart, one Meijer, one Kohl's, and one Kmart... I've found Cars a few times at Family Dollar, Aldi's (a grocery store) and Elder Beerman... If I head towards Dayton, I have 2 TRU, 5 Target, 6 Kmart, 6 Walmart, and 4 Kohl's stores among others (I did get Bessie at a Burlington Coat Factory once)... If I head to Indianapolis, there are 8 Target, 3 TRU, and several Walmart, Kmart, Kohl's, and other stores... There are several TRU and Target stores in the greater Cincinnati (Ohio) area... I've also taken a trip to Louisville (Kentucky) a couple of times - it has several TRU and Target stores.

During the last 7 months, I've not made a Cars run... if I'm going to or through a city for something else I may stop at a few places... I may make a Cars run this coming 3 day weekend...

This is my first attempt at a poll using the vBulletin software...
    Under 25
    37.50%
    26 - 50
    37.50%
    51 - 75
    0.00%
    76 - 100
    0.00%
    101 - 125
    6.25%
    126 - 150
    0.00%
    151 - 175
    0.00%
    176 - 200
    6.25%
    Over 200
    12.50%

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

The poll isn't working, at least from my phone. I have a ton of stores within 20 miles of me, so 26-50 constitutes a good run. I have been known to drive to Seattle and back looking for cars (Final Laps especially)- which came out to about 300 miles or so.

Comment

mine on average is about 50 miles but if i go hunting for fish or corals as well that could go to about 150-200 miles for a round trip

Comment

can knock off quite a few in under 25, asda at a mile, wee tescos at half, medium tescos at 3, large at 5, asda direct at a mile (call in on way to gym), tkmax and home bargains and tru at 3, smyths and sainsburys at 5,
        usually go into centre of belfast on bike for disney, txmax (dont know why I bother), argos and debenhams- easy 3 mile round trip on bike or walk

quite fornunate, however THERES NO STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have a Toys R Us with the usual Target, Walmart, and Kmart 18 miles to the north. I have another Toys R Us with 2 Targets, 2 Walmarts, and a Kmart 20 miles to the south of me. A good run will be picking one of those TRUs and hitting the big box stores around it. If I don't feel like driving very far, I have a Target, 2 Walmarts, and a Kmart in town. Due to the lack of cars in the stores, I have mostly just been hitting my local Target and closest Walmart, skipping the Kmart.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I'll only hunt around my local city, but as York is quite small I can hit all of the major stores in under 25 miles. I could travel further afield, btu it'd just be hittign the same stroes again (next nearest City would be Leeds - 20 mile saway) but it'd just be the same stores but smaller versions, usually in heavier traffic and more spaced out (in dodgy areas too)

I do go looking elsewhere if I'm passing, but will only go further afied ofor guaranteed finds!!!

Comment

living in bath all we've got locally is a disney store and a pretty poor local toy shop plus a debenhams that stocks cars stuff

there are two toys r us in and around bristol - brislington (about 8 miles) and cribbs causeway (15 miles) and the latter also has a smyths - which is as far as we would go specifically to look for cars

apart from that we've went to a smyths in cardiff when there for a cbeebies show and i did walk about 2 miles to stockport toys r us when up there for football (we got there far too early!) - both trips were a complete waste of time though (next season we're playing basingstoke who i know have a toys r us next to the ground so will try there)

when i was up in london last month (originally to register for the london marathon although injury has already seen me withdraw) i did a round of the disney stores (covent garden, oxford street and westfield) plus hamleys and harrods

having only collected since christmas the joy of finding new stuff was very short lived and i do find it quite frustrating to see new items appearing on ebay for silly money when it seems they will never reach shops (or at least will be in such small numbers that the chance of getting them before they are hovered up is so slim like the brief appearance of purple grems)

Comment

I only said "less that 25" because I go wherever my parents take me. They're not going to run all the way to West Virginia and back for cars.

Comment

LMAO
                  I bet I can guess which vote is Mr. Chris'.

I'd average a 40-50 mile loop to hit 3 WalMarts, 2 TRU's, 2 Targets and 3 K-Marts (if I actually thought there would be something at a K-Mart).
                  Last edited by GotFrank; 01-13-2016, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Probably about an 8 mile round trip.
                    Two Tesco, one Asda and a TRU. It's handy working two minutes from a TRU especially if they eventually get some new cars in.

Comment

i would do around 12 miles to hit a tesco extra, asda sainsburys, a toys r us and a wilkinsons, if i knew my local symths had news cases in then that would add another 100 miles on but i rarely do this

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
                        LMAO
                        I bet I can guess which vote is Mr. Chris'.
                        Yeah, Chris' stories of Cars road trips have always amused me. You're very dedicated to the cause, Chris!

When we're on road trips I can sometimes convince the family to take a potty break at a Cars-selling establishment - that's the closest to "over 100 miles" that I can get, but it doesn't count because the trip wasn't made specifically for Cars. I do enjoy Cars hunting at non-local stores though - I got Luigi, Guido, Topolino, and Axlerod at an Indiana Walmart last summer. Who knows, maybe it was Chris's home turf!

EDIT: 300 posts!

Comment

Originally posted by Bumper Save View Post
                          Yeah, Chris' stories of Cars road trips have always amused me. You're very dedicated to the cause, Chris!

When we're on road trips I can sometimes convince the family to take a potty break at a Cars-selling establishment - that's the closest to "over 100 miles" that I can get, but it doesn't count because the trip wasn't made specifically for Cars. I do enjoy Cars hunting at non-local stores though - I got Luigi, Guido, Topolino, and Axlerod at an Indiana Walmart last summer. Who knows, maybe it was Chris's home turf!

EDIT: 300 posts!
                          It probably wasn't my home turf, Bumper Save... I haven't seen those Cars at the local Walmart for ages... the Richmond, Indiana store is the closest one to the house... and I've only bought Cars there twice since they were released.

Congratulations on joining the 300 posts club!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                            It probably wasn't my home turf, Bumper Save... I haven't seen those Cars at the local Walmart for ages... the Richmond, Indiana store is the closest one to the house... and I've only bought Cars there twice since they were released.

Congratulations on joining the 300 posts club!
                            Looking back on the route we took it was most likely the Walmart in Corydon, IN - don't know how close that is to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumper Save View Post
                              They're not going to run all the way to West Virginia and back for cars.
                              That's good because I haven't found a new car in West Virginia since Tyler Gremlin last summer.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                              http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Working...
                              X