Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many miles you travel, round trip, in order to make a good Cars run?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bumper Save View Post
    Looking back on the route we took it was most likely the Walmart in Corydon, IN - don't know how close that is to you.
    Corydon is a little west of Louisville, Kentucky... you were closer to my in-laws than to me... over 3 hours from where I live.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
      Corydon is a little west of Louisville, Kentucky... you were closer to my in-laws than to me... over 3 hours from where I live.
      We were on our way from St. Louis to Charleston, WV (ironically, bobbyjack). We were crusing down I-64 and we passed a Gordmans on the side of the road, then fifteen minutes later I realized that was the Cars-filled store that people had been bringing in hordes of Cars at during that time.

Comment

We live in Fresno California and my husband used to work in Los Angeles. He would drive three hours each way, back and forth for work and 1 day a week he would hit every worth while store along the way. I think it amounted to 210 miles one way and 2 Disney Stores, 3 Toys R Us, 2 Walmarts, and 3-4 Target's along the highway he took.
        Of course you can get burnt out pretty quick with that, but every trip there was something new.
        Also it was very interesting to see how each store stocked differently and there was simply no ryhme or reason to distrubution.

Comment

Long trip that results in finding many Cars is not a long trip... Long or short trip that results in no new Cars is a long trip.

The main purpose of my 460 mile round trip on Saturday was to visit my younger sister for a little bit on her 50th birthday... I bought a Streets of Japan 5 pack, 4 singles including the only Victor H and Vladimir that I saw, 3 McQueen Collect and Connect Puzzles (McQueen dropped in the box on all 3), and 7 Hot Wheels Cars - that was a good day compared to what I've seen the last 6 to 9 months... that would have been a disappointing haul before the days of Cars2...

I also saw and left 2 Jeff Gorvette launchers at a Kohl's store... I don't need them, and at $16.99 each others don't either.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I have been travelling further and further recently as I am getting tired going to my local stores to see if there is anything new.

Comment

I have driven easily 75 miles on a Friday morning before work. One nice thing about living close to Atlanta. On the weekends I have easily put 200 miles on a Saturday looking for new digs from the world of Cars.

Comment

Working...
              X