Hi from L.A. (Lower Alabama)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from L.A. (Lower Alabama)

Hello all, I've been lurking around this and the other website for a few days now trying to make a decision on which one to join. Guess who won?

My family are big Disney fans. We have a room dedicated to Disney, dubbed "The Disney Room". My wife used to work at a Disney Store until they closed. It was very bad timing of it. We have some interesting things in there though.

I have just started collecting Cars in the past couple of months, a little heavy in the past couple weeks. I have probably around 40 Cars now. I have always loved Cars and don't know why I made the late decision to start collecting. I consider myself a completest. Collecting Cars 1 is going to be quite a challenge. This I know. I may be new to collecting Cars but I'm not new to collecting. I have collected many Hot Wheels and Matchboxes. I have made the decision to stop collecting these due to its ridiculous designs they have been producing. (I have also decided to sell off that collection).

I'm hoping to learn a lot and make some friends on this website. I also would like to help other members find some pieces that are harder to find.

Jeremy

Welcome Jeremy glad you decided to join us here! Lots of great people around who can help get your collection built up! See ya around!
    Jim

Oh and if you have a facebook account join us for the fun over there toi!

Comment

Welcome Jeremy! I'm a newbie too but this site is already my most accessed website! Everyone's really friendly and helpful, welcome to the crazy world of cars collecting!

Comment

Welcome to the site!

I'm sure joining on here will help your collection grow, There's plenty of members who are more then happy to help others

Comment

Thank you for the welcome. I'll have to check out the FB page.

@Joshuasmummy, I've seen your collection you posted. That's quite a bit in a short time. Once we get moved into our new house and I can display mine, I'll post pictures as well.

Comment

welcome and have fun!
            My collection: http://www.jokibe.forumgratuit.lu/t2...cas-und-victor

Comment

Welcome. Enjoy

Comment

Welcome aboard.
                Best o' luck in the hunt!

Comment

Welcome to PCD... I've never heard of lower Alabama referred to as L.A... I like that... my wife used to work for a company that sent her to Mobile a few times for training... they were down there on 9/11 and had to rent a car to get back since flights were grounded.

Depending on how complete you want to go, you will have your work cut out for you and it will be expensive... I've been collecting since early 2007 and it took me awhile to find some of the Cars items I wanted, such as the Meet at Flo's 7 pack... and I decided I wasn't going to go back and buy everything... Good luck with your collecting.

And one last question... Alabama or Auburn?

From eastern Indiana... Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Welcome to the site and good luck with your adventure in Cars collecting.
                    May the Fortune of the Hunt Be With You Jeff/PixarCarsDiecast.com

Comment

Thanks again for the warm welcome. I may not try to collect all of Cars 1 (cost considering). Though it does bring me a question, with some of the Cars 1 being re-released in 2013, are they the same or are there some differences?

As for the L.A., one of my friends called it by that and I've liked it since. I'm not originally from Alabama. I was raised in Maryland which is where I consider my home. I used to live and Mobile and don't miss it for anything. I moved across the bay, got married and started a family. Much happier, and safer.

And the answer to your question is AUBURN! WAR EAGLE!!!!!! I know we haven't been good the past couple years but I stick with them through thick and thin. I much prefer hockey and am a big fan of Washington Capitals. Just once I'd like to see them win the Lord Stanley Cup.

Comment

Good to hear from another Capitals fan. I grew up in MD also but didn't move that far away. I'm just across the state line in West VA. I still work about 20 miles north of DC. Check out my trading thread and see if I have any extras you are missing.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

welcome to the cars collecting addiction site

Comment

Weclome to the PCD Partay! You have a lot of catching up to do, my friend, and I am sure we will be able to help. Enjoy digging around and catching up on reading!

As for the 2013 rereleases of Car 1 ... some of them are the same , but most of them are variants ... oh joy, right?!?!

Comment

Like Jeff said, Cars(1) re-releases may be variants. Most noticeably is the unibody castings coming out. The original released versions had a segmented front end and eye insert. So Mattel could make variants using the same body. With the exception of McQ & Mater I don't think they actually did. So now you get more metal, well except Nick Stickers who still had a segmented bumper in the Toy-r-Us line. So who knows I've been at this for over six years and I'm often confused by it.

Comment

Working...
                              X