Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone!

Very short background:

My (now 4 year old) Daughter was once obsessed with everything Thomas. She loves mechanical 'things', but in her words: "where is the face!?". It needs to have a face to be a true character of interest.

At some point at the beginning of summer 2013 we saw a clip or preview of the old Cars movie, and she instantly wanted to see it. I myself had not seen it previously, I watched almost all Pixar movies except this one...Blockbuster Video was out of business, and I wasn't about to pay $20 for a new DVD of this movie. But luckily one of our friends gave us their old DVD one night during a random discussion about it.

The next day I feel like my life took a unexpected tangent. Excellent and most underrated movie I've ever seen! Add the fact that my daughter was 3 1/2 and she was mature enough to watch her first theater movie "Planes", this whole thing became an obsession when we figured out these toys are very hard to find AND collectable!

Its kind of a shock, but then again I shouldn't be surprised; these are wonderful quality toys and if purchased in the store they are affordable. At this point my obsession with these toys have surpassed my daughters....

I loved lurking on this forum for the past week or so and I think I will buy a case of thse now... :P

Anyway thanks for all the great info here and I plan on participating big time!

welcome!
    My collection: http://www.jokibe.forumgratuit.lu/t2...cas-und-victor

Comment

Welcome aboard..once you get a better idea of what Cars you are looking for you can always put a list up in the Wants section, lots of great people here who will help shrink your list!!

Comment

Welcome to the site

Comment

Welcome to the fold Branfrog! When you get some time, post a needs list. I am sure there are tons of people here, including myself, that can help you track down cars you are looking to find for VERY fair prices. Enjoy collecting! You and your daughter are going to treasure these times!

Comment

welcome to pcd branfrog

Comment

Welcome to PCD

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome!
                  May the Fortune of the Hunt Be With You Jeff/PixarCarsDiecast.com

Comment

Greetings & salutations!

Hope you find what yer after.

Comment

Welcome to PCD, Branfrog... interesting story on how you became hooked on Cars... from eastern Indiana... Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Welcome!
                        RBCars77 check out my YouTube Channel @ RCcars5

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I can tell this is a fantastic community! I've already learned so much! My local grocery store seems to have gotten some Case G stock sometime this week. Case G isn't really all that exciting to me and I have an itch for Cars...and I did something strange today...never had an adult interest in Hot Wheels before but today I ended up purchasing 12!!! Oh gosh!

I will post a pic in the non-cars discussion shortly!

Comment

Welcome and thanks for the lovely intro story. My obsession started by picking up one Hot Wheel about 6 weeks ago, then my fate was sealed when I was in TRU and picked up a shiny lightning. It's all been downhill from there , with my first few planes added as well..nice crowd of very helpful peeps here.

Comment

Welcome lots of great people and lots of great cars.

Comment

Working...
                              X