Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlight on......cvc1968

Next up for the Spotlight is our favourite Canadian member cvc1968

2. Where are you from / where do you live now?
    Born, raised and live in Vancouver, Canada

3. When did you start collecting Cars?
    When my 2 sons (2 and 4 years old) discovered the movie

4. Why did you start collecting Cars?
    Chris Carter got me hooked haha (really to get cars for my sons to play with and then cars for the speedway of the south diorama I built them)

5. How many cars (roughly) do have currently have?
    Maybe 100?

6. Which diecast car is your favourite (only one allowed)?
    Gask Its

7. Which car (from the movie) is your favourite, and why?
    The Apple car and my sons think its really based on a fruit haha

8. What has been your best ever find?
    I went to a small little island for holidays and there was like 2 stores; hardly anything in the stores.... in a bin covered by other stuff I found some chase yeti with snow cones/ LMQ with sig

9. What car(s) do you currently own?
    VW Jetta

10. What is your dream car?
    VW Station wagon haha

11. What do you do for a day job?
    Manager of Training and Development for a global IT company

12. Other than Cars Collecting, do you have any hobbies?
    collect and drink wine, build dioramas, chase after 2 toddlers

13. What is your greatest ever achievement?
    2 healthy and loving sons (they were adopted)

14. What is your favourite ever TV show and favourite ever movie?
    TV show- Lost Movie- Cars hehe

15. If you won "Who want's to be a millionnaire", what would you do with the money?
    Move to Denmark (wife is from there)

As always, please post any comments / questions in this thread
    Last edited by MrBrownstone; 10-08-2012, 03:37 PM. Reason: Removed Age Question

Oh sure, blame me for your Cars addiction, Conrad, lol! Just because I helped you out with lots of Cars, many times... and only 100 Cars? We've got to get more to you...

I have noticed several of us Cars-a-holics work in the IT field... and that Cars is our favorite movie... And Conrad breaks the string of our wives being our greatest achievement... but he'd move to Denmark for his wife if he won...

I have appreciated the opportunity to get to know Conrad... thank you, my friend!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

That made me laugh about the fruit car, my son is amazed that when I start up my computer I have the same logo that's on the racing car!

Comment

Wow - a Lost fan.... Were you disappointed by the ending? The show started off great but lost the plot a little for me towards the end. They could have ended it great (not sure how, but I'm not a script writer) but it kind of fell flat.

Great to know about the adoption too. I was fortunate to not be forced down that road (although would have if required). What ages did you adopt them at (the children)?

We could also do with some pictures of your custom SOTS on here too. I saw old ones of them a whiile ago and would love to see some up to date ones

Comment

I was a huge Lost fan, the ending really really annoyed me.. lost is dead to me now! lol

Comment

Lost was an amazing show, for sure. I'm not sure if I would have been completely satisfied with any ending, but I thought it could have been worse.

I love the "Spotlight On..." threads. Three cheers to whomever's idea this was.

Comment

Originally posted by sodabear View Post
              I love the "Spotlight On..." threads. Three cheers to whomever's idea this was.
              yep ....got me searching now for this TV show

Anatomical illustrations by Jake Parker

Comment

Don't bother Dafickser.....its Lost!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X