Spotlight on.......boogity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlight on.......boogity

After a 2 week holiday in France (no I didn't go to the convention in Paris - I did mention it but didn't push it with the look my wife gave me!) I'm back with the next Spotlight....

Next up is another collector from "Norn Iron"....ladies and gentlemen I give you.....boogity

2. Where are you from / where do you live now?
    belfast, northen ireland

3. When did you start collecting Cars?
    autumn 2006, just after seeing the movie and obtaining a pirate dvd! Decided from the start only to collect from the shops as half the fun is finding the little blighters, also only bought what I liked eg those toy story and monsters inc stuff and stayed away from the team haulers as I didnt think they were worth the money, oh nearly forgot 99% of the collection is opened

4. Why did you start collecting Cars?
    film blew me away, between, nascar, fiat 500,ferrari, route 66, all my favourites in one package

5. How many cars (roughly) do have currently have?
    300 ish, this includes books ,non diecasts, 1.43 scale

6. Which diecast car is your favourite (only one allowed)?
    the mcq with the route 66 bumper stickers on the back

7. Which car (from the movie) is your favourite, and why?
    luigi, his love of all things ferrari

8. What has been your best ever find?
    its not a car but its that edjut, Ru5ty up the street, prior to the pesky kid planting brian park motors in tesco, and meeting stu the only like minded people were on take 5, none of my chums can understand the appeal, even the ferrari collectors, for those who dont know boogity and ru5ty, we live 5 doors apart in north belfast and prior to this had never seen or heard of each other! stand up for those ulstermen - still on a high from that

9. What car(s) do you currently own?
    black diesel ford c max, can get my bike in without taking the front wheel off or messing about with the seats

10. What is your dream car?
    ferrari 250 gto or maybe ferrari daytona, went to maranello/fiorano a few years ago , pure magic

11. What do you do for a day job?
    retail manager

12. Other than Cars Collecting, do you have any hobbies?
    collect red ferrari diecast- 325 at last count, formula 1 - heading to nurburgring this year, egyptology - amarna period my favorite with akenaten and nefertiti, triathlon and marathon - (swim, cycle , run) travel - both home and abroad, aim to go to armarna, egypt and meroe in the sudan, scalextric - have a track in the layout of monza in the roofspace and last but not least , my wife and family

13. What is your greatest ever achievement?
    sporting one, finishing the uk ironman in 2008

14. What is your favourite ever TV show and favourite ever movie?
    tv- formula 1, corrie, and at the minute cos its on at tea time "my name is earl"
    film - italian job - original, blues brothers - both of them, cars- weather cars 2 will be on the list remains to be seen

15. If you won "Who want's to be a millionnaire", what would you do with the money?
    reckon I could get to quarter of a million, quarter to an egyptian kids charity, quarter to an animal charity, and the rest blow it on travel, egypt, sudan, follow the european F1 season, go to Indianapolis 500, LeMans 24 hours and Daytona and finally drive across the states including route 66, not much there then!
    Last edited by MrBrownstone; 10-08-2012, 03:36 PM. Reason: Removed Age Question

I had the utmost respect for you when you said you'd completed the UK Ironman (what time did you do?), but then you just lost all of that respect immediately with your next response stating that "Corrie" is your favourite EVER TV Show!!!

Comment

Well I'm just so touched that I'm your greatest ever find.....and I agree with your wife Karen about you behaving like an 8 year old specially when my kids are calling down to yours asking Karen if Roger wants to come out play lol....and i know your busting too....
      Sorry but I had to p#e myself slightly when I read you competed in the UK Iron Man competition, need to see a picture of that LMAO.....
      Great crac as always Roger but your showing your age watching that mental TV programme Corrie...should stick to nickelodeon like the rest of us

Comment

stu I didnt just compete in the iron I completed it and all, theres a sprint tri down at the dirty duck on sunday, think you can still enter on the day!
        also what is wrong with corrie, how can you slag off a prog thats brought you eddie yeats, curly watts, stan and hlida ogden, liz macdonald, jack duckegg, rosie webster and tracey barlow.. anyway I bet you both watch it and never let on!

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
          anyway I bet you both watch it and never let on!
          No chance!!! LOL!

Comment

nah, mr b as youre from york , youre probably an emmerdale farm man!

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
              Eddie yeats, Curly Watts, Stan and Hlida Ogden, Liz Macdonald, jack duckegg, rosie webster and tracey barlow...
              Are you sure these aren't names from the next Cars Movie?

Comment

Glad to know I'm not the only one in their early 50s who acts like an 8 year old when it comes to Pixar Cars... I do have the utmost respect for anyone who can compete in and complete an ironman competition, let alone someone who's my age...

I'm not familiar with some of the TV shows you mentioned but they may be shows not seen in the US...

Which of your collections is your favorite? Your Cars or your Ferraris? I'd like to see photos of your collection sometime.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                  I'm not familiar with some of the TV shows you mentioned but they may be shows not seen in the US...
                  Is that true? so not one episode of Coronation Street has ever been shown in the US?

Comment

will post some of the ferraris in the next few days

Comment

cac 1959, its a no brainer, ferrari collection every time as this dates back to about 1981, cripes that 30 years.
                      I could see myself giving the cars stuff away sometime in the future but the ferraris would be hard to part with,
                      afterall...

Comment

Working...
                      X