Spotlight on ......... carscrazy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlight on ......... carscrazy

carscrazy is next up in the spotlight. One of our newer members who have been very active since she joined - something that is great to see

2. Where are you from / where do you live now?
    Near Bath Somerset.

3. When did you start collecting Cars?
    About 2 years ago.

4. Why did you start collecting Cars?
    Found some cars at local bootsale after watching the film, Collection hasnt stopped growing since.

5. How many cars (roughly) do have currently have?
    Wow thats a tricky one.. but i would guess about 200 that are open and about 100 in storage boxes.

6. Which diecast car is your favourite (only one allowed)?
    Lizzy, Was so excited when we finally found one.

7. Which car (from the movie) is your favourite, and why?
    Theres so many, I would say Mater as it wouldnt of been the same without him.

8. What has been your best ever find?
    At a bootsale we found a plastic tub which contained a lizzy/tractor/red/stanley/chick hicks and more. This is what started our cars collection.

9. What car(s) do you currently own?
    I own a Vectra gsi.

10. What is your dream car?
    Id love an old skool vw split screen camper van.

11. What do you do for a day job?
    I work in a local shop.

12. Other than Cars Collecting, do you have any hobbies?
    Going for walks with the dog and supporting Liverpool fc.

13. What is your greatest ever achievement?
    Getting my job, ive had some struggles since secondary school so getting and keeping a job has been a huge achievement for me.

14. What is your favourite ever TV show and favourite ever movie?
    Tv show would be 'dinosaurs', loved baby sinclair. Not a huge movie fan as i prefer watching tv series, Am loving 'breaking bad' at the moment.

15. If you won "Who want's to be a millionnaire", what would you do with the money?
    Share it with family, Buy a house and of course donate to charity.

Please reply with comments and further questions
    Last edited by MrBrownstone; 10-08-2012, 03:26 PM. Reason: Remove Age Question

Wow - that was a great first find - how long did it take you to realise how good that car boot find actually was?

I'm surprised that you ststed your love to Liverpool after recent performances - does show that you're a true fan though (although a bad choice - said by a "dirty Leeds" fan!!!)

Comment

Nice to learn more about you, carscrazy... I've enjoyed your posts, photos, and comments and look forward to seeing more photos of your collection.

I take it a boot sale might be what we call a yard sale or garage sale in the US? Used items for sale at a home or church...

Sounds like we have a rivalry brewing between MrB (Leeds) and carscrazy (Liverpool) over football...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Yes a boot sale is people selling off their items like a yard sale..usually very cheap!
        We knew we had a good find once we started searching for more cars as there was no lizzy/reds etc left in the shops.

I will get round to taking more photos of our collections to share..takes ages fitting them all back into storage boxes tho lol

Even tho Liverpool have struggled of late i still strongly believe in them

Oh and im a lass guys

Comment

I've made the change in the original post to reflect that you're a lass, carscrazy...

Thank you for clarifying about the boot sale... and I fully understand about it taking time to put Cars back in storage after you get them out to photograph.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Thanks cac1959..I should of said i was female lol

Will try and get a couple photos done this week of our bootsale finds as they are on hand/being played with.

Comment

hardcore swansea city fan here,we'll see when the last game/last but 1 game of the season arrives,swansea vs liverpool at the liberty stadium,come on.i am a closet liverpool fan as well though
              great first scores in the boot sale,i wish i had a lizzie
              nice to know a bit more about you as well.

Comment

Will be a great game! look forward to it.

We wasnt going to go bootsale on the day we found the cars so really was luck, still look round bootsales as you never know what you may find.

Comment

I suppose being a girly would explain the liverpool thing!

cripes I really cant have gerard and co, however I dont do premier league football anymore as I couldnt be bothered with the prima donna antics of them

chris, if you want a laugh checkout liverpool fc and the beachball incident on u tube and also in case you didnt know leeds arnt even in the premier league and on presnt form arnt likely to be for a good while yet

swansea, good job youve got brendan as yer gaffer, stand up for the ulsterman next time youre in the ground

cars crazy, on a serious point, car booties do seem to be way forward in the next few months

Comment

Boogity your so correct about the drama queens in football these days. It really does spoil what used to be a very good sport to watch, I rarely watch as many games now due to the dramatics but will always support Liverpool no matter how rubbish they are playing lol

Hopefully if the weather stays dry the bootsales will be on again at the weekend so who knows what we will find next

Comment

6. Which diecast car is your favourite (only one allowed)?
                      Lizzy, Was so excited when we finally found one.

Just noticed i didnt delete original answer to this question properly.. I was going to put 'brian park motors, was so excited when we finally found one'. Then changed mind to Lizzy but i didnt delete 'finally' from the sentance. Question 8 reminded me about Lizzy, Dont know how i nearly forgot about her.

Does anyone think she is likely to be re-released with cars 2? Would love a carded Lizzy to keep original as ours is loose.

Comment

I fully expect Lizzie to be re-released... might be as a single, might be in a boxed set...

Comment

called into disney, belfast today, found diddly squat, however my chum is back off maternity so had a bit of a yarn

according to her all the tourists are wanting now is ships and boats

you cant get moving in town without seeing something to do with the titantic, mind you the new titantic centre looks mighty

Comment

Well, you've obviously got good taste there, lass. Breaking Bad is freaking awesome.

Comment

Yeah i love breaking bad. Currently waiting on season 3 to come out on dvd, should be out in may according to amazon

Comment

Working...
                              X