Spotlight on ......... Peter McQueen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlight on ......... Peter McQueen

Next up is a newcomer to this site (but a friend of mine) who's collection has "wow'd" people recently so I thought you'd all like some more info on him. Ladies and Gentlecars I give you.... Peter McQueen

2. Where are you from / where do you live now?
    I live in a small village called Kieldrecht in Belgium.

3. When did you start collecting Cars?
    I started collecting the Mattel die-cast line back in the spring of 2007

4. Why did you start collecting Cars?
    I already collected cars die-casts from movies, like the BTTF delorean, Ghostbusters Ecto-1, batmobile, etc .... Then I saw Mcqueen & Mater appearing in shops and said to myself ... I've got to have those !!! Two cars became 3, .... and I started to get a little cars crazy ;-)

5. How many cars (roughly) do have currently have?
    +650 was my last count.

6. Which diecast car is your favourite (only one allowed)?
    Timothy "Timezone" Truecoat (Love the chrome)

7. Which car (from the movie) is your favourite, and why?
    That would me Mr. Mater himself ... He's so funny (Larry The Cableguy did a great job giving Mater that funny accent)

8. What has been your best ever find?
    Back in 2008 I bought a lot of 218 cars on ebay for less than $200 shipped to belgium. Containing : Blu Ray McQueen , Confetti Snot Rod, All Dessert Backs singles & doubles , ... And recently : Red Ransburg McQueen (team 09 V.2), Blu Ray Mcqueen with Bling Bling Rims, Orange Metallic Mcqueen (factory Sample) all 3 for less than $70 shipped to Belgium

9. What car(s) do you currently own?
    I drive a VolksWagen Passat Variant 2.0 TDI highline and my wife a Citroen C3 1.4 HDi SX

10. What is your dream car?
    DeLorean DMC-12, Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4, Ferrari 458 Italia SPYDER

11. What do you do for a day job?
    I'm Teamleader at the Procter & Gamble Mechelen Plant in Belgium

12. Other than Cars Collecting, do you have any hobbies?
    I'm buiding our house myself (wich is a big project) and I play the drums & bass guitar (wich is my main hobby)

13. What is your greatest ever achievement?
    Building our house !

14. What is your favourite ever TV show and favourite ever movie?
    Hard to pick one ... TV Show(s) : Top Gear, OZ, The Walking Dead, Carnivale, (and most of the HBO-series). Movie(s) : Best Movie Ever ... JAWS !!! (can't help it , I just love that movie !), Taxidriver, Resident Evil, Silent Hill (I like Horror Movies)

15. If you won "Who want's to be a millionnaire", what would you do with the money?
    Finish our house and go on a trip around the world visiting all you guys ! Donate to charity... The WWF and specialy for shark conservation. I really love sharks ! ... and if there's any money left ... go back to question #10

That's it folks !!!

Greets

Peter McQueen
    Last edited by MrBrownstone; 10-08-2012, 12:45 PM. Reason: Removed Age Question

Nice to learn more about you, Peter... I always like to learn more about my collector friends and trading partners... That's one great find... some people want $200 just for the Impound Snot Rod with confetti... I just wonder how you find time to collect and organize your Cars collection because building your house has got to take a lot of time, money, and effort.

Another musician for our PixarCarsDiecast.com band... Wouldn't Peter McQueen want a life-size Lightning McQueen for a dream car? Not that there's anything wrong with your dream car list at all...

And if you pass through Indiana on your way to see GotFrank in Illinois, be sure to stop... we might have to head towards Indianapolis to find new Cars, but it would be on your way...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Good stuff Peter! Your best finds are amazing - something else to wow about!

Comment

Eh, I already knew all this stuff... lol
        Seriously though, great questions and answers.
        Peter McQueen is my evil twin, and one heck of a guy!

Comment

Blu-ray McQueen and Snot Rod with Confetti for under $1 each... wow!!!

Kieldrecht - that's near Beveren isn't it???!!!

As I already knwo you, it's difficult to ask you more questions other than why the Delorean? Surely the Hoverboard would be better. Speakign of which, it was 2015 they travelled forward in to to, so only 3 years until we can get one!!!

Comment

I can't believe you are building your own house- that just boggles my mind. If you wouldn't mind, someday, will you post pics? I'd love to see it.

It's amazing how many of us collectors are also musicians- if we were all in the same band we'd have more members than the Polyphonic Spree.

Comment

Nice to read some about yourself.
              Thanks for posting the photos of your collection in the other thread.. Must be great to have them all displayed like you have.

Comment

I could maybe do the album cover sodabear?

Comment

I've really enjoyed learning more about Peter the last couple of weeks... I'd also like to announce that Peter is our newest Moderator on PixarCarsDiecast.com.

Welcome, Peter!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
                    I could maybe do the album cover sodabear?

I just assumed you'd be our rapper.

Comment

Congrats, Peter!

GotFrank, who says you can't be the rapper and the album artist?

Comment

Working...
                      X