Spotlight on ......... dumbleweed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlight on ......... dumbleweed

Next up is the "forgotten" member (sorry). Ladies and Gentlecars I give you..... dumbleweed

2. Where are you from / where do you live now?
    I'm from Coventry, England and have lived here all my life.

3. When did you start collecting Cars?
    Me and my son have been collecting since March 2010 but go through stages in regards to the intensity in which we hunt for cars, been losing the will just lately!

4. Why did you start collecting Cars?5. How many cars (roughly) do have currently have?
    I started to collect Cars cars because I was attracted by the quality (don't laugh) and they make my son happy, if he's happy I'm happy. Coreys now got his younger sisters into cars but he only lets them play with selected ones ha ha! I have around 60 or 70 cars which I plan to display, they are my favourites, Corey (and his sisters) have around 350+ including some duplicates, all open and played with though!

6. Which diecast car is your favourite (only one allowed)?
    Oooooh tricky question, to be honest its a odd selection but I have to admit I love the look and finish of Bob Cutlass! Bet no-ones chosen that one before.

7. Which car (from the movie) is your favourite, and why?
    Todd the Pizza Planet Truck, again a strange selection as you don't really get to see him and you don't hear anything from him but I just love the way he hides away in the background. The design and detail make him a very close second to question above. Oh and plus, Corey loves him tooooo!

8. What has been your best ever find?
    My wife, only kidding........she found me! Erm haven't really found a lot in the wild, just your standard cars that appear to be everywhere. Would say my greatest finds are - Peter McQueen, Cac1959, GotFrank, Bumpersave, Sodabear, CVC & PCC - all of which have helped me obtain cars I just simply wouldn't have found here in the UK without paying mega £££. And before you all start thinking I'm a big girls blouse because of this answer, I'm not, just very grateful for this help from friends who have been willing to go out of their way to help me and my son out and to be fair, they don't know me from Adam!

9. What car(s) do you currently own?
    I drive a White Ford Fiestsa Zetec S, its not ideal but its a company car so can't moan!

10. What is your dream car?
    A life sife exact replica of Todd the Pizza Planet Truck., that would be sooooooooo cool!

11. What do you do for a day job?
    I'm an Auditor for a pharmaceutical retailer in the UK.

12. Other than Cars Collecting, do you have any hobbies?
    I play football (soccer) for a Coventry Saints FC who play in a Christian Church League here in Coventry - www.coventrysaints.co.uk - I'm the big fat ginger beast at the back, a knee injury three years ago meant I know play Goalkeeper but I love every minute of it. Its actually presentation night tomorrow evening, I have won 'Players Player the previous two seasons so here's hoping for the third lol! I also have a mountain bike which I love going out on although very rarely get time, recently purchased a Giant Revel 1. Oh and I love music, huge fan of the King himself!

13. What is your greatest ever achievement?
    Other than kids, I would say my greatest achievement is being able to overcome the tests life has thrown at me over my 26 years on this earth I haven't had a hard life, in fact far from it but times have occasionally been very testing, I am very proud to have been and to be 'the rock' for family and friends, I'm the person they see when times are difficult in anyway shape or form and I'm very proud of that. I guess its the same for everyone though. I did once eat a Big Mac in two bites but thats more of a talent than an achievement although it was great fun, I recommend everybody try it. Once scored a 'hat-trick' of own goals in a football match once, that was good fun ;o(

14. What is your favourite ever TV show and favourite ever movie?
    TV show is currently Dexter, we are on series 6 here in UK with the Doomsday Killer, I love it plus got a little bit of a crush on Deborah Morgan and now she has power in regards to her job, that crush is getting even stronger. Enjoy Hawaii 50 aswell, great watch. My fave movie is a wierd one again, its the film 'Crash', I cant explain why but I've watched it loads. The part where the locksmith man thinks his daughter has been shot makes me cry everytime!

15. If you won "Who want's to be a millionnaire", what would you do with the money?
    Other than the obvious stuff like making sure family were comfortable etc etc I would take my Grandad on a trip around France, buy a SOTS set, visit Peter McQueen and have a beer and play on his drums, go see Joshpot and hopefully pick up a Dunkin Donut or two whilst there. Have a knee replacement. Buy a set of Football Goalposts for the local park as they don't have any! Oh and buy Spence a Brian Park Motors lol!
    Last edited by MrBrownstone; 10-08-2012, 12:34 PM. Reason: Removed Age Question

cripes dw, I thought you had been sent to coventry!

Comment

dodgy keeper!

Comment

Great to learn more about Chris from the UK... Another soccer player - last time I played was 6th grade - I played center forward when we needed a goal, and once we got the lead, went back to goalie... that was a long time ago.

Great story about starting collecting and what your favorites are... I think we've all bought Cars to make a child (or grandchild) happy... we may collect but they are still toys to be played with.

Todd the Pizza Planet truck - I enjoy seeing Todd in all the Pixar movies... kind of like the game "Where's Waldo?" - "where's Todd?"

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

"The part where the locksmith man thinks his daughter has been shot makes me cry everytime!"

Ya big girls blouse! LOL
          Thanks for the shout out buddy.
          And I'd like to give that Big Mac thing a go myself!

Comment

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the ET shout-out !!!
            Hope one day we could meet, and of course you can have a go on my drums (btw . got a new drumkit!)

Cool to now a little more about that ginger goalkeeper from Coventry !

Please say hi to Gemma and the kids from me.
            Talk to you soon buddy ...

Your Belgian buddy

-Peter

Comment

Thanks for the shout out, nice to know more about you and put a face with a name! Best of luck on your third year winning the award.

Comment

A hat-trick is a great achievement dw, irregardless of which net it was!!!

Nice to know even more about you and it's such a shame you're having to sell your collection.

Interestingly I passed through your neck of the woods a month ago - my first time on the M69 en-route to Portsmouth... (TomTom took me that way for the first time - it usually takes me via Silverstone)

Comment

Working...
                X