Update on JMDL Toys- Earl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on JMDL Toys- Earl

Sorry for the long delay between posts. We have had a very eventful last couple months. Many of our customers come from this site or ones like this so we wanted to update you all on what has kept us away.

In June, after several months of misdiagnosed chest pain I (Earl) experienced a heart attack. Almost two months after the event, it was caught and I ended up in the hospital. Ultimately a stent was put in the major artery of my heart and we learned then that genetics were working against me. A combination of extremely high genetic cholesterol and a genetic misshaping of my arteries were the cause.

As you all can imagine it has been a big eye opener for me. To have a heart attack before age 30 was at the very least, very unexpected. It's a scary thing to think that this can happen at any age and the fact that I have a wife and 4 kids at home really drives it home. Needless to say our focus as a family has been pretty much on this. Thank goodness for Steffanie's effort and our wonderful workers who really kept the business running. It's amazing how much smoother things seem to be running without my involvement lol.

It has been a couple months of stress and adjustment and today I can say that things are going in the right direction. Changes in activity, diet, medication, and stress have all aided in recovery. Not to mention all the support of family and friends. The outlook is good and I am excited to say that I am doing just fine now.

You all may have noticed, my once active role in JMDL Toys has diminished a bit, Steffanie has been handling just about everything in the business. Between the business and my other full time job I am sure it will be a bit more time before I am fully back on board 100%. Steffanie in the meantime is moving the business forward as normal and we have an ever strong commitment to the Cars world.

JMDL Toys is still 100% here and we aren't going anywhere anytime soon You all are an enormous support to us out there and if there is ever anything we can help you find or get please just let us know how we can help. Also if anyone out there has any other questions about what we have had to go through over the last couple months, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Thank you all for your support

admin@jmdltoys.com

Earl Hartman

I'm glad to hear that you're doing better, Earl... My late father had his first heart attack at age 37 and died at 43 (when I was 16).

I'm glad to hear that you've made changes with diet, activity, stress, and medication and I will be continuing to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

And while I can't speak for the entire Cars community, I can tell you that I am glad to hear that JMDL Toys is still 100% here.

Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Good to hear you're on the road to recovery.
      Keep up the great work JMDL

Comment

Glad you are okay.

Comment

Wow man sorry to see this but so glad you are healing and focusing on what's important and that is family!!

Comment

Glad to hear that you're on the mend...

Comment

I'm sorry to hear you've had such a rough time, Its usually things like this that make us realise the most important things in life.
              Wish you all the best and hope you continue to recover well xx

Comment

Working...
              X