no code on a car ....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no code on a car ....

Hey guys, Was looking through some of our cars and noticed our Easy Idle car has 'Disney/Pixar China' but theres no code in the other little space, Its just blank.

Is this likely to be a fake/copy whatever you like to call it ? It was purchased from a regular ebay seller few months ago but only just noticed the lack of a code.

I think this is the only one in our collection without a code on it.

Thanks for any info chaps

Edit: Forgot to add the car has plastic tyres too.
    Last edited by carscrazy; 07-14-2012, 11:11 AM. Reason: info added.

In my opinion, your Easy Idle is more than likely a Car that was rejected and escaped from the factory via the backdoor... Did you purchase it loose or was it carded? How long ago did you purchase it?

In addition to being in the Speedway of the South set, Easy Idle was released with plastic tires as a launcher in 2009 (0619 EA) and as a Lightyear Launcher in 2010 (2090 EAA MI) ... The production code stamped on my launcher is large and towards the front of the Car, going between the front tires... the production code stamped on my Lightyear Launcher is in a very small font and goes between the front and back tires on the drivers side of the Car.

There were Cars that did not get production codes stamped on them before being shipped... I have a few... it's possible that your Car was a Lightyear Launcher but it missed getting stamped.

The important thing is that you have an Easy Idle with plastic tires... it is currently hard to find most of the Piston Cup racers.

If you'd like to send me a PM with the name of the eBay seller you purchased it from, I might be able to give you more information.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Thanks for your reply, Have pm'd you info

Im not so worried if it is a fake/copy as its a good one if it is.. just whether it would be safe for my lil nephew to play with as i know some have fears regarding paint ?

The area where the code would be is between front/back wheels as the same as the launcher version. Will take a couple photos and add later

Comment

a number of the cars i've bought from the chinese ebay seller honger hehe have not had codes printed on the bottom but appear to be perfect

Comment

After Sarge and some changes in the law regarding lead in toys.
          I doubt you need to worry too much about the paint.

Comment

Working...
          X