what is going to become of your collections

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is going to become of your collections

just what is everyone eventually going to do with all this stuff?

ok , my ferrari collection will be handed down but as for all the cars stuff, well thats anyones guess

I've often though of this too.
    I have 3 young boys of 5,2 and 7 months so I guess they will be theirs one day (assuming they want them)
    Stll makes me cringe thinking of them ripping the packaging open to get at em
    edit: They do have loads of open cars that they play with. I'm not that mean.

Comment

"assuming they want them", thats the 6 million dollar question

as for ripping them open, do you remember when may outbid all the saddos for the train set and then binned the box, flammim priceless, may has my respect

Comment

Well .... I collect everything loose

I guess all my cars will one day go to my 2 nephews once they understand the value of them.
        In the mean time i keep on collecting them.

And as long I'm alive ... these baby's are mine !!!

Peter

Comment

Great question, boogity... thoughtful replies too...

One of my grandsons is starting to play with Cars again both when he comes to visit and at his house... I expect to start selling some of my extras later this summer... I have too many... Some of mine will be donated as well.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

They will be handed down to my son provided he still love Cars.
            If not i will just keep it till i die.

Comment

my loose collection will stay with me and then to my sons, they both have a full carded set in boxes for when there older and of course they have there own sets that they play with daily

Comment

my father began to collect stamps with me when I am 8 years old, now he is still collecting stamps for me, even I do not collect and look them now, but I know what those stamps means, they are much much more than stamps. my son is growing, do not play cars much now. but I will still collect them and leave all of them to him. He will understand what those cars means later too.

Comment

They'll have to pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

I don't have any - they're all for my son to play with now...(well as soon as I give him them all in dribs and drabs as part of the reward system)

As for what we'll do with them - I suppose that will depend upon their condition. If they're decent I'll make sure they don't get thrown away or sold on as I know he'll regret it later in life.

I still have my He-man figures but sold my Transformers and Star Wars stuff and regret it now.

I still have a few Action Force items (GI Joe) but the majority of those were thrown out as the broke from the hours of fun I had playing with them. If the cars collection ends up the same way then so be it. If they've been loved then they've served their purpose

Comment

I have roughly 3 sets - one open that my son already plays with, one unopened to keep forever, and another unopened to make money off later in life

Comment

I have no idea what will come of mine but I have plenty of life left to figure it out.

Reading George's comment and then Josh's immediately after was a fun transition

Comment

I'll just get tired of looking at the boxes and more than likely I will sell it for pennies on the dollar! I had over $10g invested in a Kenner Star Wars collection I sold for about $1200 and every Spawn action figure produced from Series 1 to Series 25 along with tons of other McFarlane toys from that era I sold for $800. Definitely not an investment!

Comment

They will stay on display at my house until one of my kids requests them when they get their own home. Maybe they will go to one of my future grandchildren. Not going to make the same mistake my parents did with my toys. Not going to give them away. 25 years later, the regret sets in...

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                            http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Plan are to keep them and let the grandkids play with them when they come visit.

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
                              X