new releases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new releases

Can some one help me out? How can I keep up with the release dates of the new cars?

Welcome Clearysdad19, depends what you are collecting Disney or Mattel... if its Disney then you are gonna have lots to choose from... if its Mattel and in the UK then you should be OK finding cars up to Radiator Springs Ramone, though Mattel have messed up on the casses in the UK and have started re-mixing them so now no one has no idea on when new cars will arrive as new cases have been spotted but the contents have been tampered with. If you are in the US then happy days... though there are many US collectors that might be able to help you out so check the trading forums or even post a thread there aswell.

Comment

I am in the US and am collecting the numbered cars 2 cars #1Race team mater and so on. Just wondering when these new cars would hit the shelves so i can be there first to get them. (Cant wait for Rip)

■Alexander Hugo with Party Hat
      ■Alex Vandel without Tires (Chase)
      ■Bindo
      ■Bruno Motoreau
      ■Cartney Brakin (Chase)
      ■Chauncy Fares
      ■David Hobbscap
      ■Erik Laneley
      ■Fabrizio (Chase)
      ■Fernando Alonso (Ultimate Chase)
      ■Francesco Bernoulli with Metallic Finish (Toys R Us only)
      ■Grem With Missile
      ■Galloping Geargrinder
      ■J. Curby Gremlin
      ■Kabuto
      ■Mark Winterbottom (Ultimate Chase)
      ■Mary Esgocar
      ■Memo Rojas, Jr. (Ultimate Chase)
      ■Miguel Camino with Metallic Finish (Toys R Us only)
      ■Nick Cartone
      ■Otis
      ■Ramone (Lime)
      ■Ramone with Paint Gun
      ■Raoul ÇaRoule with Metallic Finish (Toys R Us only)
      ■Rip Clutchgoneski
      ■Rod "Torque" Redline with Boot
      ■Sir Harley Gassup
      ■Suki
      ■Tubbs Pacer
      ■Union Jack Ramone
      ■Vitaly Petrov (Ultimate Chase)
      ■WGP Security Van
      ■Yokoza

Comment

kabuto has already been released as has bindo
        metallic francesco and miguel have been found in germany and canada
        rip clutchgoneski has been released as a launcher and at the moment only been found in greece and the land of "Oz" australia
        one of our vendors has a few of these items at hand,take a look here.
        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...p?27-JMDL-Toys
        hope this helps and as for the others,your guess is as good as anyone's on here.

Comment

Of the Cars that you've listed, none them are out in the US at this point in time (July 31, 2012) in the Mattel 1:55 scale with the following exceptions:

Kabuto - some resellers, including JMDL Toys, got this case - it's the only new Car.
          Bindo is part of case H which is just now shipping - I ordered the case from JMDL Toys; again, only online resellers have gotten this case.

We don't know release dates yet.

Rip Clutchgoneski has been found as a launcher in Greece (first) and then Australia.
          Metallic Finish Miguel Camino and Francesco Bernoulli have been found in Germany (first) and within the past week in Canada.

Mattel will often announce new Cars but distribution and case assortments are tentative and subject to change... we also had at least a 3 month period where there were no new Cars.

Although it is very hard (especially for me), we need to be patient.

Most stores in the US have not gotten in many of the 2012 product line cases (Singles, Deluxe, Movie Moments, Launchers, etc.)... Some Toys R US stores have gotten in singles cases D and E... some Walmart stores got in singles case D and the Movie Moments case K... most stores have not gotten in newer launchers, newer Movie Moments (Security Guard Finn, Sal Machiani, Leland Turbo, Mama Topolino)... the original release of everything everywhere back in May 2011 almost destroyed the Cars market and product line.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

To add to djjd21

As for release dates in the shops, we never really know other than when people announce them on here

JMDL Toys have been great at letting us know what's coming along with Blucollection's sneak peak videos (thanks guys)

Comment

thanks for the input. keep your ears to the ground and the info flowing.

Comment

CAC, when you say "the original release of everything everywhere back in May 2011 almost destroyed the Cars market and product line", what do you mean exactly? I understand the market was flooded with certain cars, but was this also a product of some other distribution issue? It has definitely been frustrating looking for cars. I started my search in January of this year. I had been to Target multiple times in the 2nd half of 2011, and only saw the main 4 cars. My problem was I always went to the same Target. A thought struck me one day and I drove 10 minutes out of my way to check out another one and I was amazed to find an array of cars. They seem to go in cycles - sparsely stocked or empty pegs for a while (sometimes as long as a month or more), then a shipment, and you cant really tell which store will have something. It's hit or miss.

Comment

Two words, Finn McMissile!

Comment

Raekwonn -

Regarding the distribution, it's a little bit more than Finn McMissile... but that's a major part of it...

Singles - too many cases A and B and C with too many repeats all through 2011... stores couldn't sell what they had and didn't order in any new items.

Deluxe - too many cases A and B with Submarine Finn McMissile and Holley Shiftwell with wings, Double Decker Bus, and Red... Stores couldn't sell what they had and didn't order in any new items.

Launchers - too many case A with McQueen, Nigel, Max, and Shu (x1)... case B had just McQueen, Nigel, and Max, if I remember right... too much repetition meant stores couldn't sell what they had and didn't order in any new items.

Movie Moments - too many cases with too many Race Team Member/Zen Master Pitty, Finn McMissile/Tomber, and McQueen/Francesco... too much repetition meant stores couldn't sell what they had and didn't order in any new items.

Anyway... some stores have people in the toy department who know a little bit about ordering and will place smaller orders for different cases (example 2 each of 5 cases) as opposed to ordering 10 of 1 case and not ordering as often... Some chains have no clue on what to order... in other cases, it's at the store level... in many stores, we see no more than 25% of the space for Cars today as there was during the product launch and even less space than there was for 4 years when Cars were selling well... The one Target you just checked that had more selection seems to have someone ordering who knows what they're doing... sadly, that doesn't happen everywhere.

My only store purchases in the last 4 months were Jeff and Carla launchers at 1 Kohls's in Texas, a few singles and Take Flight at 2 TRU stores, the new Target 7 pack at 1 Target (seen it at 2) and a few 99 cent singles during the fire sale the first week in April.

We had basically a 3 month period where no one, including online retailers, got any new Cars items in to sell... When Walmart and Target cancel and reduce orders, you know the manufacturer has created a mess... Mattel reps pulled non-selling product from the pegs at many (but not all) Walmart and Target stores... it seems to me that a lot of that went to the back of the store and filled the pegs again later... When certain items appear at Disney Land, Disney World, and overstock stores without appearing in major retail stores, there's a problem...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

My Wal-Mart still has 17 Finn & Tomber 2-packs.

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
                        My Wal-Mart still has 17 Finn & Tomber 2-packs.
                        And your Walmart is not the only one... Too many Walmart, Meijer, Kmart, Target, Big Lots, and Toys R US stores have only Finn/Tomber and Race Team Mater/Zen Master Pitty 2 packs.

I've checked 3 Big Lots stores hoping to at least find a Mater/Zen Master Pitty with mustache 2 pack... I can't even find that!

Comment

Well if you want a new release check this out. I've just seen it on evil bay and yes its a lot but hopefully someone knows the real price of this. I want one maybe two.
                          Here's the link:
                          http://www.ebay.com/itm/DISNEY-PIXAR...2#ht_711wt_813

Comment

That is a great looking box! The cars, I have.
                            But that's a nice display for the MOC people.

Comment

If it's the same price as the other TRU 10 packs, it should retail for $46.99 plus tax... it is a nice looking boxed set... as GotFrank said, I've got the Cars... got all of them either carded or opened for play or display... Will I buy the 10 pack? Maybe... I'll wait for a sale.

Thanks for the heads up on the new release, MarknotaMack.

Comment

Working...
                              X