Error cars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error cars

Is there a market for error cars or is there a good value in them? I went out today and bought a fred car on a fred cardback but the name on it says dinoco chick hicks on it. Its on a world of cars series. If anyone can give me any information it would be greatly appreciate it. Also if anyone is interested in it pm me an offer

Interesting find... it's hard to say about the market for error Cars... I have several - I bought or traded for them because I found them interesting... I've never expected to get a lot of money for them... Errors that seem to be worth more are ones with missing eyes or Cars that are unspun - the rivets were not added to the Car, so the Car is not in one piece.

Of my error Cars, some are missing eyes... some are like what you describe - the wrong name tag/label is with the Car and the cardback... the Chase Van with(out) the sticker is a very common error that's not worth much... I have a Mood Springs launcher that contains the Mood Springs Car/cardback and Nitroade launcher - had to trade for it... I have several Chase Cars that contain the wrong Piston Cup accessory - the most rare is the Chase Bling Bling McQueen with The King Piston Cup.

I've seen a few Cars2 errors - traded for a TRU Jeff Gorvette with metallic paint that contains the Lightning McQueen label... I left several Deluxe Holley Shiftwell with wings that contained the Submarine Finn McMissile label.

There are a few eBay sellers that have error Cars listed - I can PM you their names... I'd like to see a picture of your error find... errors from the Desert Back, Supercharged, World of Cars, and Race O Rama series are worth a little more than Cars2 errors, but part of that may have to do with those Cars are worth more due to being hard to find today.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Ill post a picture on the pcd page on facebook cause im on ny phone n cant post on here yet.

Comment

the chase cars with alternating piston cups are cool,i have only the one,chick hicks with the king's cup.
        it's hard enough trying to get bling bling mcqueen with his original cup,let lone with an error like your own with a different piston cup inside.

Comment

Originally posted by djjd21 View Post
          the chase cars with alternating piston cups are cool,i have only the one,chick hicks with the king's cup.
          it's hard enough trying to get bling bling mcqueen with his original cup,let lone with an error like your own with a different piston cup inside.
          i have the opposite to that,

the king with chick hicks cup

Comment

I have a bunch of error cars.

http://carstoys.wikia.com <--My wiki

http://flickr.com/carstoys/ <--My Flickr

Comment

Well im not that kind of collector. I open all of mine n put them out. So if anyone is interested pm me an offer. Chris if u can post the picture for me on here it would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Here's the picture of the WOC Fred with the Dinoco Chick Hicks tag:

(Photo used by permission of d1ulove2h8... thank you, d1ulove2h8)

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I'm a more recent Error collector but I have found that errors can be grouped into 3 categories:

1) Most common error is the wrong name tag on the front blister. These are always easy to find and aren't worth much - although some sellers think it's worth a fortune. I usually buy these for $5-$10 a piece. Because these are so abundant I've decided not to pursue error cars in this category going foward.
                  2) The second type is one with the wrong card backing. For example, Sally car in the package with Sally label but the card backing is Jeff Gorvette. I have bought some of these - all around $10-$15. These are less abundant than category #1 I listed above but overall still not much value.
                  3) The third type and hardest to find are ones in which there is a physical condition or problem with the car in the package. i.e. double eyes, no eyes, missing decals, unspun, etc. The prices for these are higher and these are the most fun to collect. I focus my attention in this area. The challenge is that while some collectors price these for $20-$50 you then have others price it for $300-$500 cause they think it's worth a fortune.

Overall IMO error cars are fun to collect but I don't see them ever having extreme high values.

Comment

Wrong name on Piston Cup trophy seems to be pretty common also. I have a Chick Hicks with a Piston cup with The King's name on it.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

My Error cars I have are Missing parts, wrong name tag, wrong package, and no name tag.

Comment

I have this loose dinono chick hicks with this wheel error, is it common?IMG_20160517_082423936_HDR.jpgIMG_20160517_082423936_HDR.jpg

Comment

IMG_20160517_082356839_HDR.jpg he

Comment

Working...
                          X