Hello from niftynigel!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from niftynigel!

My wife and I started to collect Cars 2 singles at the beginning of February this year. I was rearranging some displays and I found a Supercharged RS Lighting McQueen that my wife had bought some years ago. It was still in it's card/blister pack, mint! When I was on a lunch break at work, I popped into a Sainsbury supermarket and saw some singles cards. Out of curiosity, I bought one of each one they had, not knowing how many there were in the series! There was No. 1 - Mater, No. 2 - Finn, No. 4 - Francesco and No. 26 - Lightining McQueen. It was only when I got home and showed my wife, I noticed the numbers! Not knowing there were websites dedicated to Cars collecting, I looked at Amazon to find other models (and their numbers).

We had no idea how many cars there were (outside the Cars 2 range between No. 1 and No. 26).

I was in London that weekend and purchased seven in Hamleys. Within a week we had 15. I then found Pixar.wikia.com/cars! Oh boy! We were hooked!

My wife decided to collect Desert and Supercharged and I'll collect just Cars 2 singles!

I went Bentalls, Kingston-upon-Thames. Out of curiosity, I wonder what their toy department is like? They had a sale on! I bought 24 World Of Cars models at £1.99 / £2.25 GBP each!

Frustrated at no new Cars 2 stuff, I started to collect Cars 2 Deluxe and Doubles as they were being sold in sales at TRU and Model Zone respectively!

We now have about 250 Cars models and about 70 Cars 2 models!

We've tried to be consistent. Desert/Supercharged (US), World of Cars (US/UK same), Final Lap/Night Scene Lenticular (International).

Cars 2 singles (International), doubles (US as there are loads of US only), deluxe (1-8 International, 3,4,8,9 US).

Welcome to the Cars addiction club niftynigel - you are not alone!!!

Comment

Welcome to PCD, niftynigel... Glad to have you with us... Cars addicts? Could very well be...

Great story on how you got started collecting... you've certainly added lots of Cars to your collection in such as short period of time.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Welcome nifty. It all starts so easily then comes the time you can't pass as shop without having to pop in just to check!
        Deep pockets and big display cabinets essential.
        Good to have a fellow addict here

Comment

welcome to this wonderful/terrible affliction that the majority of us have here on PCD,which there is only one cure for.

Collect them all if you can find them or afford them

welcome aboard

Comment

Welcome niftynigel, I remember you from CTT! Welcome to this community as well.

Comment

Working...
            X