Kmart Cars Collector Event #9: Oct 20. 2012 - See page 4, post #40

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kmart Cars Collector Event #9: Oct 20. 2012 - See page 4, post #40

UPDATE: Kmart 9 day is Saturday October 20, 2012 at 9 am...

In spite of the reduction of the Cars area following the latest Kmart reset, it looks like there will be a Kmart Cars Collector Event #9... I've seen new photos of Silver Racer Series Nigel Gearsley and Max Schnell... and am working on getting permission to use photos.

Previous October events have been the 3rd Saturday of October... if that holds true, that will mean the date is October 20, 2012.

We saw 6 of the 11 racers for Kmart 8 this past June... that leaves Max Schnell, Nigel Gearsley, Lewis Hamilton, and Miguel Camino... and of course, Rip Clutchgoneski... wouldn't it be ironic if the first US release of Rip Clutchgoneski is in the Silver Racer Series? With a case of 20, they'd need to add additional Cars to the case assortment... we might see a Chase Car... Rip as a Chase (just my speculation)... and perhaps another Car we've seen loose on eBay... I'd expect 7 or 8 Cars in the case assortment and imagine they'll stay with 20 in the case.

The October 20 date has been confirmed by arbara on carsthetoys.com... that's pretty solid as far as I'm concerned.

Are you looking forward to Kmart 9?

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

I would LOVE to go!! How does it work? Do ALL Kmarts do this, or just selected ones? How do I find out? Would my local Kmart give up any details???

AAHHH!! I'm so excited!!!

Comment

Very excited! I'm always the only one at the events and always get the first pick LOL. I really hope our K-Mart still does the event, I may have to go early to be sure.

And soozowl, to see if your K-Mart is participating, go in a week early to the store you're going to and ask. Normally we know first about the events before K-Mart stores do, so don't go and ask extremely early because they will have no idea what you are talking about haha.

Normally if there are 10 or 12 people at the events they will hand raffle tickets to each person there and call out the numbers of the tickets. Everyone can only pick 5 Cars when your ticket is called and once everyone's tickets are picked, it's a free-for-all and everyone can buy what they want. (you can also take the Case boxes if you ask! ) But if you live in a small town (like me) and there aren't many collectors in your town (like me) and you and maybe one other person is there, they just sit the Cases out and let you pick through them since there's a 99% chance everyone will get want they want.
      Also, each K-Mart gets in at lease one Master Case. (it contains 4 normal Cases of 20) When the events used to get 20 to 30 people, those K-Marts would order 3 or 4 Master Cases.

All K-Marts should do the event unless they say the aren't.

Comment

I wish we had Kmarts around my region

Everything I've been reading links back to Sears...but I highly doubt that any of the above mentioned will be making it up here

Transformers for Trade
        Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

I think you're right about the Kmart Cars not being available outside the US, DeceptiCog72283... I've helped friends from Quebec and Vancouver during Kmart events - one of my Quebec friends made it down to Buffalo for one of the events but was unable to get what he wanted.

Some US Sears stores may participate but it's hard to say.

For Kmart 7 and 8, each store that I went to only had gotten in 1 master carton with 4 cases... prior to that, stores got in 2 to 3 master cartons... I usually stop at 6 to 8 stores and drive almost 200 miles for the Kmart event... it's a long day, and expensive.

Kmart announced that all US Kmart stores were participating in Kmart 8... I'd expect the same this time around.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I haven't opened our silver racers from June yet. Waiting to get the rest of them and put them in the plastic display cases we have our other Piston Cup and WGP race cars in. It would be nice to get a regular Rip alongside the silver one too.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
            http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

shame indeed. If i had extra money for sure, I'd forward off some money to someone to help me out...but I've come into some recent financial troubles, so I can't plan much further ahead then today and tomorrow lol. Ebay it will for me lol. Especially for a silver Rip! (if thats one of the included cars).
              Last edited by DeceptiCog72283; 08-27-2012, 05:25 PM.

Transformers for Trade

Comment

I stopped at a couple Kmart stores yesterday... I've done fairly well at one of them several times in the past... yesterday they had 6 pegs for all their Cars items and nothing new... I saw the stocker from toys - he said that their main Cars customer (an eBay seller) said the Cars line was dead and that their store would not be getting in new Cars items... we'll have to see.

Comment

Looks like Kmart 9 is definitely a go for Saturday October 20... partial case assortment includes the 5 unreleased Silver Racer Series Cars - Max Schnell, Nigel Gearsley, Lewis Hamilton, Miguel Camino, and Rip Clutchgoneski... we don't know the quantities or the other Cars yet... Here's hoping we see enough Rip to go around.

Comment

I would still like to get a regular Rip sometime soon also.

Comment

If anyone is willing to help a fellow collector out...I'd be willing to forward off some money on paypal for someone to pick me up a silver Rip (and a regular rip if he's in there).

I wish we had more specific details on the case assortment so I could get exactly what I want/need

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Originally posted by DeceptiCog72283 View Post
                        If anyone is willing to help a fellow collector out...I'd be willing to forward off some money on paypal for someone to pick me up a silver Rip (and a regular rip if he's in there).

I wish we had more specific details on the case assortment so I could get exactly what I want/need
                        They usually come closer to the event. Patience is the key

Comment

Originally posted by MrBrownstone View Post
                          They usually come closer to the event. Patience is the key
                          lol...I am usually a very patient person...but, sometimes I get antsy. Like on my drives over to stores when looking for Cars...I get antsy, because they might have somethign I need and somebody might be buying it right now! LOL

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Originally posted by DeceptiCog72283 View Post
                            lol...I am usually a very patient person...but, sometimes I get antsy. Like on my drives over to stores when looking for Cars...I get antsy, because they might have somethign I need and somebody might be buying it right now! LOL
                            That's exactly how I feel when I make my rounds. "Where do I go first?" "If I go there last something new might be gone by then!" Lol!

Comment

I have to plan my route ahead of time. I usually just pick a store that I am going to hit on my way home from work and stick to that. If I'm out with the kids on my day off, I have to limit to a few or else they will get bored. Gone are the days when they were young enough not to complain. The worst is when I hear about something starting to hit certain stores and I'm stuck at work for 6 or 7 more hours. New cars vanish quickily around here. It is mostly luck when I do find something, so that makes it really cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X