This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting Pictures on the forum using photobucket

How to use services like photobucket.com to host and post pictures for the forums.

A very common question on forums is how to post pics and photos into a post so that they show up without having to be clicked. Most members are using an image hosting service like Photobucket.com.

First you will need to register an account with photobucket, it's free and quick.

Once you have an account, log in..

Once logged in you will be taken to your album page. Near the top of the page is where you will upload your pic. Make sure you have saved the picture you want to post to your computer in a place you can find it. Hit the browse button and find the pic on your computer.

Once you find it, click on it so that it's name appears in the window next to the open button, then hit "open".

Now you are ready to upload the pic, so hit the big, shiny upload button.

Once uploaded the picture will appear in your album (same page we uploaded at) as a thumbnail (small representation of the picture itself) with 3 lines of code underneath. Select the code that starts with [IMG]. Highlight the text and then hit Ctrl+C to copy the text to your clipboard...

Start your post on the forum and wherever you would like the photo to show up, hit Ctrl+V to paste the code...

Once you have posted the image shows as normal:

So there you have it, an illustrated guide on how to host and post pics on the forum, enjoy.

Thanks for the great directions... I could have used these last night when I was trying to figure it out on my own... lol!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Reminder how to post pics on here.

Comment

good on yer

Comment

Who know how to use the pictures in flickr?

Comment

Originally posted by lovemini View Post
            Who know how to use the pictures in flickr?
            I looked at your Flickr image yesterday... I was hoping that I could copy the image for you but I did not see the image name...

If you see the entire image name, which includes the website, you can add [IMG] in front of the entire url and add [/IMG] to the end of the URL.

Please send me a PM or e-mail with a link to a photo and let me see if I can figure it out for you.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I tried several times. it does not for flickr and other Chinese photo site. but to pictures on sites, it is OK, such as take5aday or CTT.

Comment

Unticking a box solved my problem with PB.

Comment

Adding Photobucket images to PCD posts

We've had more questions about adding photos (images) to replies using Photobucket... I'm going to move this to the General Cars discussion.

When I bring up photo on Photobucket, there are 4 boxes - here's a screen shot showing the photo and the boxes:

I click on the 4th box, next to IMG, which copies the IMG code to the clipboard... I then go into my PCD post and paste it via the Ctrl V keyboard shortcut.

I hope this helps those of you who have had problems uploading photos.

Comment

Thanks very timely info.
                    May the Fortune of the Hunt Be With You Jeff/PixarCarsDiecast.com

Comment

I should have read this earlier could have saved me a lot of time.. maybe it is interesting to also create a thread about gif animated images? It is not so hard to create them if you have Photoshop. I do not know if people would like to learn this?

Comment

Glad to hear you found the thread helpful, Dutch Stickers.

Great suggestion about the animated images as well... I have Photoshop but have not spent time learning how to use it... perhaps we can get a volunteer.

Comment

Originally posted by CarsDiecast08
                          so is this picture limit thing that pops up when I try to post my pictures part of the new update?

Not aware of a picture limit... there's always been a limit of 5 pictures per post when posting as an attachment... we recommend posting photos following the outline listed in reply #9.

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ng-photobucket

Are you trying to post using an attachment?

I use the method outlined above and it works... I just tried as an attachment and it did not... let me investigate.

It may have to do with the maximum size of an attachment (file) being 100,000 bytes.

In the meantime, please posts photos following the outline used above in reply #9 of this thread.

Comment

Working...
                          X