Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Posting Pictures on the forum using photobucket

Posting Pictures on the forum using photobucket

How to use services like photobucket.com to host and post pictures for the forums.

A very common question on forums is how to post pics and photos into a post so that they show up without having to be clicked. Most members are using an image hosting service like Photobucket.com.

First you will need to register an account with photobucket, it's free and quick.

Once you have an account, log in..

Once logged in you will be taken to your album page. Near the top of the page is where you will upload your pic. Make sure you have saved the picture you want to post to your computer in a place you can find it. Hit the browse button and find the pic on your computer.

Once you find it, click on it so that it's name appears in the window next to the open button, then hit "open".

Now you are ready to upload the pic, so hit the big, shiny upload button.

Once uploaded the picture will appear in your album (same page we uploaded at) as a thumbnail (small representation of the picture itself) with 3 lines of code underneath. Select the code that starts with [IMG]. Highlight the text and then hit Ctrl+C to copy the text to your clipboard...

Start your post on the forum and wherever you would like the photo to show up, hit Ctrl+V to paste the code...

Once you have posted the image shows as normal:

So there you have it, an illustrated guide on how to host and post pics on the forum, enjoy.

Administrator and PCD Super Guesser cac1959's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the great directions... I could have used these last night when I was trying to figure it out on my own... lol!

Reminder how to post pics on here.

good on yer

Who know how to use the pictures in flickr?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemini View Post
    Who know how to use the pictures in flickr?
    I looked at your Flickr image yesterday... I was hoping that I could copy the image for you but I did not see the image name...

If you see the entire image name, which includes the website, you can add [IMG] in front of the entire url and add [/IMG] to the end of the URL.

Please send me a PM or e-mail with a link to a photo and let me see if I can figure it out for you.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

I tried several times. it does not for flickr and other Chinese photo site. but to pictures on sites, it is OK, such as take5aday or CTT.

Unticking a box solved my problem with PB.

Blog Entries

Adding Photobucket images to PCD posts

We've had more questions about adding photos (images) to replies using Photobucket... I'm going to move this to the General Cars discussion.

When I bring up photo on Photobucket, there are 4 boxes - here's a screen shot showing the photo and the boxes:

I click on the 4th box, next to IMG, which copies the IMG code to the clipboard... I then go into my PCD post and paste it via the Ctrl V keyboard shortcut.

I hope this helps those of you who have had problems uploading photos.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Thanks very timely info.
    May the Fortune of the Hunt Be With You Jeff/PixarCarsDiecast.com