Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars2 arrive in UK

Cars2 have arrived in the UK!

I had a text from Pirelliboy this morning saying he had found a Cars2 LMQ at Tesco and wondered whether they had been put out early (they are due 27th May), so I jumped in the car and headed to a couple of Tesco's near me and between the two found 13 different Cars! Best of all the retail price was £3.69 which is a around a pound less then was predicted, whether this is a permanent price or introduction price is yet to be seen. They all scanned fine (the barcode is the same on everyone).

This is Case A so look out for:

# 1: Mater Race Team
    # 2: Finn McMissile
    # 3: Lightning McQueen With Racing Wheels
    # 4: Francesco Bernoulli
    # 5: Holley Shiftwell
    # 6: Professor Z
    # 7: Jeff Gorvette
    # 9: Raoul Çaroule
    # 10 & 11: Guido & Luigi
    # 12: Acer
    # 13: Grem
    # 14: Race Team Fillmore
    # 15: Race Team Sarge
    # 16: Rod Torque Redline

* to be confirmed as I found all bar Guido and Luigi

So really apart from the Disney Store UK online a few weeks back this is the first retail showing of the Cars2 in the UK! Let me know what else you find out there!

Great news, Rippers! I know how hard it was for me to wait for the Cars2 Cars... and you had to wait longer... Congratulations!

It will be interesting to see how the UK cases compare to the US cases... Jeff, Raoul, and Carla were in the US case B... Rod Torque Redline was in case C.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I was suprised to find Rod Chris as I didn't think he was in the US case A. That makes me suspect the Luigi and Guido may not have even been in the case, seems strange you would buy them and not the new cars? I can't wait to find a case to open and confirm the assortment.

Edit just had a look at the US case assortments and it seems to match case D

Case D Singles 24 per case V2796-999D
      4 MCQUEEN
      4 FINN MCMISSILE
      2 HOLLEY SHIFTWELL
      2 FRANCESCO BERNOULLI
      4 RACE TEAM MATER
      1 ROD TORQUE REDLINE
      1 JEFF Gorvette
      1 RAOUL CAROULE
      1 PROFESSOR Z
      1 GREM
      1 ACER
      1 RACE TEAM SARGE
      1 RACE TEAM FILLMORE

Please if anyone finds a Case at Tesco can you note the case number!

Comment

none were in my Tesco on Saturday - I may have to take a deatour to work tomorrow morning!!!

Comment

lol £3.69 someone forgot to update the computer system
          They will be shipping an assortment of cases out since their automated packing system wont differentiate between case letter A,B,C etc - so it'll be pot luck as to which cases letters arrive where... the case assortments are the same as the US so far - I think Ive checked up to case G on the singles so far.
          PJ

Comment

Is there any chance you could either post or PM me the case assortment you have pj?

Comment

Not at the Tesco's near me... :-(

Looks like daily trips then...

Comment

Originally posted by MrBrownstone View Post
                Not at the Tesco's near me... :-(

Looks like daily trips then...
                Welcome to the world of Cars2 collecting, MrBrownstone!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

none in norn iron..... as yet anyways

Comment

checked tesco at yorkgate on the way home, nought there, thought for a mo that ru5ty had cleared em out, but obviously not
                    also checked ds , think they have the monopoly on referee pity!

Comment

Theve just landed in Tesco Newtownabbey, though there's not a lot left....its been hit already... case D as is stands

Comment

Working...
                      X