Good news: David Hobbscapp is out... Bad news: It's in a Target 7 pack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news: David Hobbscapp is out... Bad news: It's in a Target 7 pack

Mattel has done it again... One new Car in a 7 pack... Granted, it is David Hobbscapp... but $30 plus tax for one new Car? I've been doing it... but I'm not going to do it this time.

This Target exclusive 7 pack contains David Hobbscapp, Darrell Cartriip and Brent Mustangberger, Max, Lightning McQueen, Shu, and Francesco.

You can see pictures and read about it at:

http://www.takefiveaday.com/2012/09/...7-pack-target/

If Brent and Darrell would have had headsets, I might have considered it... as it is now, I'll wait for a 50% off sale, a single, or look for a seller who has the single loose.

Your thoughts?

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

I agree that Mattel has some very strange marketing ideas

Maybe if this 7 pack would have been released before or at the same time as all of those other cars it would have been a better deal. But almost 2 years after most of those cars have been available...it won't sell.

FOr me on the other hand...I only have the 3 cars in the back row...so it's not a TERRIBLE deal lol.

Transformers for Trade
    Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Found it this morning during our hunt. Left it on the shelf.

Really thinking about getting this guy loose. Don't need any of the other cars.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
      http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Thank you for the great photo, bobbyjack... I have to travel to Indianapolis early next week for work... If I see this 7 pack, I may take a picture... but I'm not going to buy it... really, I'm not.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Actually at the standard price of $7.62 + taxes per car paying 30 for the 4 cars I need is a pretty standard price LOL.

I could get this...and keep the extra cars to myself as my collection LOL.

Transformers for Trade

Comment

If I actually needed 4 of the 7, this would have been bought on site. Maybe even 3 of the 7. 2 would be pushing it.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
            http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I may have to watch this movie in French (yes it is true...I am fluent in french) so that I can listen to my favourite (retired) F1 driver voicing this character (Jacques Villeneuve).

Having said my above comment...this will more then likely be a pass anyways...I just don't have the money to try to focus on all of the "extra" cars that are not mainline singles. There's only a few that I want and hobscap was not on the list

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Definite pass, I'll buy it loose on e-Bay just like I did with the 3 Kabuki Dancers in January.. $30 for the 3 was a great price, considering 2 are in a 10 pack for $50 and the other is in a 5 Pack for $25.

Comment

PASS!

You would think they would at least put all three announcers on the top level and all four racers on the bottom but I guess it makes more sense with Schnell in the middle of Brent and David (not)

Comment

Epic!

http://carstoys.wikia.com <--My wiki

http://flickr.com/carstoys/ <--My Flickr

Comment

Repackaging the same items over and over is kind of a common practice and not just limited to Mattel. Even the record industry has done it with new albums. They package greatest hits with one or two new songs from your favorite artists. And people buy it even though they already have all but those 1-2 new tunes. This kind of marketing is targeted to us collectors as Mattel knows many will buy it just to get the one new car. Reminds me of Hank Hallsum.

Comment

My mom always said, "if you can't say anything nice. Don't say anything at all."

Comment

This is ok but i shall pass not keen about it..

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
                            My mom always said, "if you can't say anything nice. Don't say anything at all."
                            Oh the best line thumper said too.

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
                              Too funny!

Comment

Working...
                              X