Radiator Springs Classics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator Springs Classics

I decided to create a thread for the Radiator Springs Classic line that's a TRU exclusive... I'll work on combining other threads into this one and will add pictures:

We've seen the first wave of 8 singles in both the US and the UK:

Radiator Springs McQueen:

The King:

Chick Hicks:

Dexter Hoover with yellow flag:

Shiny Wax:

Fabulous Hudson Hornet:

Tex Dinoco:

Ramone (purple):

We've seen the Three Way Tie 10 pack:

We've seen 2 3 packs:

We've seen the Return of the Flo's V8 Cafe playset:

The Tractor Tippin Game has returned:

and we've seen the return of The Piston Cup 500 racetrack:

And now there's something new... found in the Los Angeles, California area yesterday... the second wave of the Radiator Springs Classic singles

(Photo used by permission of Mariela... thank you, Mariela)

Flo - first non-lenticular release as a single:

Octane Gain:

Lil Torquey Pistons:

Ron Hover:

Mater:

Sheriff:

I'll see about getting permission to use photos of the newest singles.

I am definitely looking forward to Flo, Octane Gain, and Lil Torquey Pistons... and Sheriff and Mater... While I really don't care if I add Ron Hover to my collection, as long as I can have a complete set of the Radiator Springs Classic singles I will buy one.
    Last edited by cac1959; 10-13-2012, 05:54 PM. Reason: Added more Cars and photo

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Seems like sheriff and mater is also part of the second wave

Comment

Certain Cars from the first movie are part of the Toys R US exclusive Radiator Springs Classic line... other Cars from the first movie are going to be made available to other retailers and resellers... the first case of the 2013 Singles Case A is supposed to contain the following Cars from Cars:

Mater
      Sheriff
      Sally
      Chick Hicks
      Race Tow Truck Tom
      Dusty
      Hank Halloween Murphy

It will be interesting to see the cardbacks and see how they compare to the Radiator Springs Classic series... will I buy Chick Hicks on this cardback since I have the Radiator Springs Classic series? I don't know... I do have Chick as a fixed eye single on almost every other cardback (I did not buy Chick on the Final Lap cardback for myself).

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

hmm...very interesting. I shouldn't be looking at this as it is tempting me lol

But I do like the way Hank Halloween Murphy looks and wouldn't mind getting my hands on a Fab Hudson Hornet.

I have not spotted any of these in my local TRU

Transformers for Trade
        Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
          Certain Cars from the first movie are part of the Toys R US exclusive Radiator Springs Classic line... other Cars from the first movie are going to be made available to other retailers and resellers... the first case of the 2013 Singles Case A is supposed to contain the following Cars from Cars:

Mater
          Sheriff
          Sally
          Chick Hicks
          Race Tow Truck Tom
          Dusty
          Hank Halloween Murphy

It will be interesting to see the cardbacks and see how they compare to the Radiator Springs Classic series... will I buy Chick Hicks on this cardback since I have the Radiator Springs Classic series? I don't know... I do have Chick as a fixed eye single on almost every other cardback (I did not buy Chick on the Final Lap cardback for myself).
          So tru and normal retailers are getting sheriff. That will definitely help the new collectors.
          Hope you dont find me bossing around but i will say buy em if you could.
          Who knows few years down the road you might redo a respect the classic for certain character and only finding yourself missing certain cardbacks.

The review that you guys are doing is the best in world. It gives us an idea how the history of cars evolved.

By the way, my suggestions are only limited on singles not those crazy overpriced boxset
          Last edited by wintermelon; 10-13-2012, 04:31 PM.

Comment

N2O Cola was the only one out of all the RSC that I needed and apparently it won't be getting a release... unless that was only a part of the 2nd wave..

Please get released N2O Cola!

Comment

And as pointed out by wintermelon, Sheriff and Mater are also now released on the Toys R US Radiator Springs Classic line... As I have Sheriff and Mater on every non-lenticular cardback, including Final Lap, I'm definitely going to pick up at least one of each.

Thank you for the heads up, wintermelon.

I'll look for these next Saturday when I'm out for Kmart day... there's a TRU (and Target) near where I like to eat (Red Robin or Five Guys).

I've also added a photo that shows 4 of the new singles to the first post in this thread (Thank you, Mariela).

Comment

New wave as reported by a TakeFive Member and on Ebay:

Mater
                Flo
                Sheriff
                Octane Gain
                Lil' Torquey Pistons
                Ron Hover

Comment

I need to pick up a fixed eye Flo and Sheriff out of this wave.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                  http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

its interesting to see the price, 4.19 us dollars, well I paid 4.99 in proper money, sorry sterling!!!!
                    having checked the the exchange rate 4.19 equates to 2.61
                    what a tru rip off!

Comment

The price was $4.19 at the store where Mariela took the picture... at some TRU stores, the price is $4.49 or even $5.49... but it's not just a TRU rip off... Cars cost more in the UK than they do in the US... they cost more in other countries as well... I have received Deluxe Cars from Singapore that cost $24.90 in Singapore dollars which converts to $20.24 in US dollars and 12.68 in Great Britain Pounds.

But back on topic, as soon as we learn the case assortment and get individual pictures of the new singles, we'll post them.

Comment

Hameys, the famous toy store in Regent Street, London, England sells singles for £8 GBP and Deluxe/Doubles for £12/13. For run-of-the-mill releases that is extortion, but for rarer cars, I'd certainly pay that rather than leave it to chance and have to pay possibly much more on eBay/Amazon etc., plus the possibility of getting things damaged in the post, which does happen when things aren't properly packaged (boxed) in the post! There is a certain Amazon seller who refuses to send anything out in anything other than a plastic bag! I've made the mistake of dealing with them on a few occasions! Never again!

The Radiator Springs Classic singles have sold out at most TRU branches I've visited on my travels. TRU don't sell the standard singles and are dropping the deluxe and double ranges too, so hopefully as they control release schedeules and case contents, they will actively promote the development of the Radiator Springs Classic and 2013 ranges too in the UK. It's about time a retailer took Mattel to task and took control of things.

I think the Classic singles are great. Hopefully the virtual sell out of the first wave will give TRU confidence that the Cars market is worth sticking with in the UK? The UK got the first wave more or less at the same time as everyone else did, which proves to me that TRU were right to take control from Mattel. The TRU Metallic racers were also generously stocked and sold very well, which bodes well for the future! I'm told that the first three are due for re-release in the new style packaging?

Comment

Found by a friend in northern Indiana a few minutes ago:

N2O Cola is out as a single for the first time with plastic tires... Previously been released as a TRU exclusive promo Car, then as a rubber tire racer as part of Kmart 3, and a Lightyear Launcher... was going to be my next article, but I'll wait a bit so I can add to a photo.

Comment

Wow! TRU please release those in the UK!

Comment

Found 2 of the N20 Cola Radiator Springs Classics yesterday!!

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
                              X