Spotlight on ......... gipsy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlight on ......... gipsy

Ladies and Gentlecars, next up in the spotlight is our German representative.....Gipsy....

2. Where are you from / where do you live now?
    I live in Hamburg, Germany. Never lived anywhere else.

3. When did you start collecting Cars?
    Well, correctly it is my son who is collecting cars and he started about 3 and a half years ago. It all began with a single McQueen and oh, well, you all know what this turns in to. Later on, my husband and I started collecting only the spcials like the SDCC ones.

4. Why did you start collecting Cars?
    Well, as stated above, we started because of our son when he was about 2 and a half years and is now 6 years old. We started about a yeat later with those specials cause we did not want to give a three year old little guy the SDCC item.

5. How many cars (roughly) do have currently have?
    Whooo, hard to say, but putting boths collections together I think there have to be about 500 cars. I stopped counting them when they came to be more than 200.

6. Which diecast car is your favourite (only one allowed)?
    That is a hard question. I like many of them, but if I had to choose only one I guess it is our blue-ray McQueen. (If customs count as well, then it would be our custom red ransburgh)

7. Which car (from the movie) is your favourite, and why?
    Another hard question, especially as there are two movies lol. For cars1 I guess it is Mater, but I also love Guido. Mater is one of my favorites because it seems like for him there is no difference between cars no matter what background they have. Guido I like because of the last race where he changes McQueens tires.
    For cars2 I do not have a real favorite one. But I love uncle Topolino cause he is telling McQueen something about friendship.

8. What has been your best ever find?
    Hey, I live in Germany, you can be lucky here if you find anything. lol But guess I could count myself lucky that we had lots of Brian Park Motors and Chuck Choke Cables here. Helped out a lot of people with those.

9. What car(s) do you currently own?
    I have a Mitsubishi Lancer Sportsback at the moment, but thinking about changing the car by the end of the year, cause this one is too small - in my opinion.

10. What is your dream car?
    To be honest: I do not have a dream car. For me a car has to take me from place a to place b an has to have a lot of space in the back. (Two children, you know?)

11. What do you do for a day job?
    At the moment I am out of work and just stay at home with the kids. Cause of my husbands work and the kids who still need someone to be around I have to look for work at night which is really hard to find.

12. Other than Cars Collecting, do you have any hobbies?
    I have my family which takes a lot of time, but I like reading and if there is time left I like to go horse-riding.

13. What is your greatest ever achievement?
    My two boys, I would say.

14. What is your favourite ever TV show and favourite ever movie?
    I do not watch much TV, so I do not have a favorite show there. My favorite movie(s) was (were) Lord of the Rings.

15. If you won "Who want's to be a millionnaire", what would you do with the money?
    If I won this, I guess I would first buy a bigger car, afterwards build a house for my family and go on a nice holiday. And I would donate part of it.

Thank you for your time gipsy

I have to agree with you on Guido gipsy - the "Pitstop" moment from Cars 1 makes me laugh every time... So much so, when it's coming up my son tells me that my favourite bit is coming on (along with when the Tunerz show up, "my cars are on" and when Life is a Highway is played it's "Sing Daddy")

I'm surprised you don't have a German car gipsy - best value for quality on the market in my opinion - it will take a big factor for me to move away from a German made car

Comment

It's great to learn more about you, gipsy... Christina has helped me with many Cars over the years, including one of the most rare promo Cars, metallic finish TRU racers and an international version of the Silver Series Lightning McQueen... I'm glad that I have been able to help her with Cars and display cases... She's also been a big supporter of Nathan's Playroom (formerly Cars Cares) - her husband made an awesome custom Mack Hauler for a Cars Cares competition a few years ago...

Thank you for being part of our PixarCarsDiecast.com community.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by MrBrownstone View Post
        I'm surprised you don't have a German car gipsy - best value for quality on the market in my opinion - it will take a big factor for me to move away from a German made car
        First thing I thought of when I read your spotlight Gipsy! I would love to own a German car. I worked at a Mercedes dealership one summer when I was in high school. I had and still have never seen so many nice cars.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Nice reading more about you.

Its interesting that so many of us who have collections...are actually our kids collecrio (or grand kids).

Transformers for Trade
          Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Lord of the Rings, nice!

Comment

I believe there is a superb model railway layout somewhere in Hamberg, have you been there or taken your boy there?

Comment

some excellent answers there gipsy,and quite a collection as well with 500 cars.
                Lord of the rings is also a huge favourite of mine.

thank you for taking your time to do the "spotlight on " article.

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
                  I believe there is a superb model railway layout somewhere in Hamberg, have you been there or taken your boy there?

Yes, there is this model railway here in Hamburg and it has to be fantastic. I have not been there yet. Our sons are 3 and 6 years old and I think I will wait a little more, cause the entry is very expensive and I think they will enjoy it much more in a few years, especially as this model railway is growing with every year.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
                    First thing I thought of when I read your spotlight Gipsy! I would love to own a German car. I worked at a Mercedes dealership one summer when I was in high school. I had and still have never seen so many nice cars.
                    I really do not know why people are that crazy about German cars. They are way overpriced. You pay for the name. In former times they were great but the materials they are using got worse so no German car for me. I will stay with my Mitsubishi and the next one will be another Mitsubishi. Trying to save some money for the Outlander.

Comment

Originally posted by gipsy View Post
                      I really do not know why people are that crazy about German cars. They are way overpriced. You pay for the name. In former times they were great but the materials they are using got worse so no German car for me. I will stay with my Mitsubishi and the next one will be another Mitsubishi. Trying to save some money for the Outlander.
                      This was back in the early 90's when I was in high school. The cars then seemed to be awesome. Haven't been in a modern German automobile lately though. The Lancers people have where I work at seem really nice too.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                      http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Great to learn more about you! I was also surprised you didn't have a German car - I grew up around my dad's VW Jettas, he had three of them over the years, fun cars to ride in!

Comment

cool read. I took German in high school and was (stress was) pretty good. I also worked for MontBlanc for a minute.
                          May the Fortune of the Hunt Be With You Jeff/PixarCarsDiecast.com

Comment

Hallo gipsy, gut zu wissen das ich nicht der Einzige auf diesem Forum aus Deutschland bin, oder gibt es noch mehr von unserer Sorte ? Lustig ist, das auch ich ein japanisches Auto fahre, allerdings einen Mazda, der aber einfach nicht kaputt zu kriegen ist. Gut zu wissen, das das Gras in Hamburg auch nicht grüner ist als hier in Düsseldorf. Neue cars Modelle zu finden ist wirklich schwer, die meisten aus meiner Sammlung kommen aus den USA und ein paar aus England. Gruß aus Düsseldorf. Markus (Papa von Keoni, 6 Jahre)

Comment

Markus, mach mal dein Posteingang leer, man kann dir keine pm mehr schicken

Comment

Working...
                              X