Recent Finds: November 2012 Store Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Finds: November 2012 Store Finds

Please post your November Store finds here...

Stopped at a Kmart I haven't been to in a while today. I was going to see if there were any Kmart cars left over. I didn't see a single silver racer anywhere. I did find a Galloping Geargrinder though. Also found a Security Finn 2 pack. Both are now available for trade!

signature courtesy of BomBom77
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Great finds, bobbyjack... and thanks for creating the November 2012 store finds thread... I completely forgot about it as I was getting the Halloween Contest voting thread set up.

That's the first I've heard of a GGG showing up at Kmart.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Went to my TRU & Target today and got.....
      Nasca Truck
      Pinion Tanaka
      4 Francesco Bernoulli with metallic finish (TRU edition)
      Mel Dorado
      Vladimir Trunkov
      Race Team Luigi & Race Team Guido
      Raoul Caroule with crash damage
      Falcon Hawk 1
      Micro drifters with grem, professor z, and finn mcmissile
      Micro drifters with mater, raoul caroule, and WGP lightning mcqueen
      Professor Z with pop-out weapon
      Tokyo Race Day 7-pack
      Air Mater Collection 2-pack (metallic finish, TRU)
      I went a little crazy...some of these will be for trade
      Attached Files

Comment

GGG was found here in Belgium on international card !!!

greets

PMcQ
        Attached Files

Comment

first find in the wild, a francesco with black base, found in sainsburys

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
            first find in the wild, a francesco with black base, found in sainsburys
            Very nice Boogity, a momentous variant find. Is that a contradiction?

Comment

Just stopped by my local Zellers and was quite pleased.

Singles for $4.99 (cars 2 and carstoons)
              Deluxe $5.99 (cars 2, mostly finns and holleys with a few sumos)

and the most exciting to me. Cars 2 movie moments on for $5.
              found and bought darell and brent, grem and damaged rod and (FINALLY) Security Finn and Acer,

If I had more money I would have bought the other ones, sal machiani (sp?), tomber and zen pitty.

Transformers for Trade
              Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Scored pretty good today at Walmart today...

Lightning Hawk Mqueen:

Movie Moments:

Comment

Originally posted by Bumper Save View Post
                  Very nice Boogity, a momentous variant find. Is that a contradiction?
                  well I tryed explaining this to me mate in work, but it fell on deaf hears, the mistake I made was in assuming he knew who francesco was in the first place!!!!!!

Comment

Jealous of that acer with helmet. I was hoping to find him yesterday, but no luck. Good snag

Transformers for Trade
                    Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

I stopped at 3 Kmart, 1 Target, 2 Elder-Beerman, 1 Kohl's, 1 Toys R US, 1 Toys R US Express, and 1 Walmart store today.

Kmart:
                      Hot Wheels from the event
                      5 King with rubber tires from Kmart 6 - left several Chick Hicks, Lightning McQueen, Shu, and Nigel Gearsley behind.
                      2 Metallic Finish Shu from Kmart 7 (not pictured)

From Kmart 9 - at the store that wouldn't let me open the "sealed" case 2 weeks ago, out on the pegs I found:
                      3 Mary Esgocar
                      3 Alexander Hugo
                      4 Lewis Hamilton

At Target - I bought a Charge Up Race Track on clearance for $17.98 (discontinued - was $50 plus tax May 16, 2011)

At Toys R US, I got a Sheriff and a Flo from the Radiator Springs Classic wave 2; they had 6 Metallic Francesco but I left them all... I couldn't come up with $50 of Cars I needed to get a free Metallic Take Flight 2 pack... at the Toys R US Express I got 2 of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles figures that jonj requested (they didn't have the other 2 and the main store was out of the figures).

I bought nothing at the Walmart but I did see 3 Lewis Hamilton Launchers - that's the first time I've ever seen those at a Walmart store.

And I got something at one Elder-Beerman for my friend gipsy in Germany.

I'll add photos later.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Hot on the heels of case 997J (with Otis, Suki and Alex Vandel), Mattel have released another new case into the UK.

Case W1938-998G has been found in Toymaster franchise stores in the South of England.

The contents are:

3 - Lightning McQueen (2)
                        4 - Francesco Bernoulii (Black bottom) (2)
                        7 - Jeff Gorvette (1)
                        8 - Carla Veloso (1)
                        9 - Raoul Caroule (1)
                        14 - Race Team Fillmore (1)
                        19 - Hydraulic Ramone (1)
                        20 - Nigel Gearsley (2)
                        21 - Max Schnel (1)
                        22 - Shu Todoroki (2)
                        23 - Miguel Camino (1)
                        24 - Lewis Hamilton (2)
                        35 - Kabuto (2) ~ First release in the UK
                        37 - Bindo (1)
                        39 - Erik Laneley (1) ~ NEW
                        41 - Galloping Geargrinder (1) ~ First release in the UK
                        44 - Suki (1)
                        46 - Nick Cartone (1)

Comment

Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                          Hot on the heels of case 997J (with Otis, Suki and Alex Vandel), Mattel have released another new case into the UK.

Case W1938-998G has been found in Toymaster franchise stores in the South of England.

The contents are:

3 - Lightning McQueen (2)
                          4 - Francesco Bernoulii (Black bottom) (2)
                          7 - Jeff Gorvette (1)
                          8 - Carla Veloso (1)
                          9 - Raoul Caroule (1)
                          14 - Race Team Fillmore (1)
                          19 - Hydraulic Ramone (1)
                          20 - Nigel Gearsley (2)
                          21 - Max Schnel (1)
                          22 - Shu Todoroki (2)
                          23 - Miguel Camino (1)
                          24 - Lewis Hamilton (2)
                          35 - Kabuto (2) ~ First release in the UK
                          37 - Bindo (1)
                          39 - Erik Laneley (1) ~ NEW
                          41 - Galloping Geargrinder (1) ~ First release in the UK
                          44 - Suki (1)
                          46 - Nick Cartone (1)
                          ooooo, 4 cars in there for me...

Comment

Nice case. I need several of those myself. Great find... Thank you for the report on the case contents.

Comment

It's interesting that there are only one of each Erik Laneley and Nick Cartone, even though they are new cars and not Chase cars as such. The case first hit the shops on Thursday evening. As of last night, there were no Erik Laneleys or Nick Cartones on eBay from UK sellers, so I don't know how wide the distribution this case has seen. My local Toymaster franchise has five branches, who all recieved a combination of 997J and the new 998G cases. The 998G case was not one that was on Mattel's lists, so it could have been added very recently. As the case was assembled 2365EAA (21 Sep 2012), it could've been a late edition?

Case 996Y (2no. Galloping Geargrinder) hasn't shown up in the UK and indeed disappeared off Mattel's lists a couple of weeks back, but there were two others 997K and 997L. I guess these cases along with 996Y *may* have been redirected to mainland Europe and the UK *may* be getting exclusive ones for a shortwhile, containing both *new* cars and *catch-up* cars (one's that have been released elsewhere but not the UK)? It's just a guess as Mattel have served up the odd curveball now and then! There were UK only W1938-85** series cases earlier in 2012, so they have *previous* on this!

No. 40 - Cartney Brakin' (Chase) has been appearing on UK based eBay and Amazon dealers' sites in the last few days, so there could be another new case in the UK?

Nos. 28 - Vladimir Trunkov, 30 - Victor H. and 33 - Becky Wheelin' (Chase) haven't appeared in the UK as yet, so I hope if successors to 998G are UK-aimed, we may get to see these before the Porto Corsa cards see their final checkered flag!

Comment

Working...
                              X