Toys R Us UK Today!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toys R Us UK Today!

Sorry for the bad pic but I was running towards them at the time!

Great find and picture, pirelliboy! Nice to see Cars again... let us know what you bought.. and whether you left any for anyone else.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

should have taken a picture when you were finished scooping it all up lol

Comment

Good golly, never seen a TRU look like that before.... And how many kids were pushed aside to get that pic lol....Did you see any multi packs or 2 packs or any metallic mcqueens?

Comment

I spent £63 lol

Bought Two Lights and Sounds (LMQ and Finn)
          Two Double Decker Buses (extra one as I have a hunch that he will be rare)
          One Movie Moment
          Two Exclusive Mettalic LMQ's (same hunch)
          One Single Prof Z

Very impressed with the Lights and sound, they feel really heavy and work really well, Also the buses are very heavy. Was suprised how big Brent M-burger was as well.

There where no launchers or multi car box sets at my TRU has anyone seen them?

Comment

rippers the lights&sounds at 1:55 are very cool arent they? best new product for sure.

Comment

Only got 2 Movie Moments & 2 Metallic LMQ's for now.
              Only spent £33! Easier to spend £63 eh Rippers!
              Not a sole looking at them when I got there at 1pm. Only been put out in the morning.

Comment

Just been browsing TRU online and there's much more to come.
                Multi sets & Premium Cars.
                Just some pics to show you. Not got time to do links at the mo.
                Enjoy.

Comment

Awesome items... awesome pictures... I really like the 10 pack and the Metallic paint Nigel and Jeff... That looks like one of the TRU 5 packs that I bought on May 15th... Thank you for posting.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

great photo- can you grab me the display haha

Comment

I'll head up to TRU on Saturday to check them out...

I'll enquire as to what they do with the displays when they take them down (but feel I know the answer)

Comment

Loving the lights and sounds, went tonight and it was great to once again see a full wall swimming in cars.

These are the links to the packs pb was talking about.

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/T...k%280084508%29

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/T...k%280084503%29

ALSO colour changers are on there way! not sure about these...

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/T...k%280084502%29

Shame they dont do a normal LM diecast that colour as a ltd edition!

Comment

Have I mentioned that I really like that 10 pack in the first link? I hope we get that in the US... that's one that will stay carded...

It sounds like my UK friends have done well today... as you've said, it's great to see a large Cars selection again.

Comment

That 10 pack looks over priced - £49.99 - that's £5.00 per car (£5.50 if you factor in the delivery cost) whereas the 5 pack is £19.99 - that's £4.00 per car (£5.00 if you factor in delivery). Consistency?!?! Whatever happened to a discount for buying in bulk.

Unless the 10 pack will be displayed in a nice collectors box I'll stay well away and just get the racers as singles. If they release a "World Grand Prix" set (akin to MSOTS set) then I'll probably get one. Also strange that the picture shows damaged "Torque" Redline and not the standard car... There goes the exclusive car in the double pack!

Also with regards to the 5 pack - I wonder what the theme of the box set is or is it just 5 random cars (seems strange to just have 1 racer!) - will probably have to wait for the movie.

Comment

If you get the same Toys R Us Exclusive 5 packs that came out in the US, they'll be:

Porto

Tokyo Party with McQueen, Francesco, Wasabi Mater, Trunkov, and Rod Torque Redline
                              Porto Corsa Welcome with Guido, Luigi, McQueen, Mater, and Uncle Topolino with tires
                              Paris Scene with Tomber sipping oil, Finn, Holley, Mater, and Raoul Caroule

Having read the Junior Novelization book, the character assortments do make sense even though they appear to be semi-random in nature... I think they'll make more sense once we see the movie.

You are right about the 10 pack being expensive... it may turn out to be $49.99 in the US and I'll probably get one at that price... that's on average 80 cents per Car higher than the normal TRU single price... not sure the packaging is going to be that good...

Comment

Working...
                              X