This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PixarCarsDiecast.com Christmas Contest 2012 - enter here

Thanks to an incredibly generous donation by a member of Cars communities such as PCD, several members of PixarCarsDiecast.com, carsthetoys.com, and worldofcars-forum.fr are going to have the opportunity to add a wonderful Cars item to their collections...

Yes, from Australia, it's Super Chase Frosty! And one can be yours...

If you're like me, when you learned it was going to be released only in Australia, you wondered how you might be able to add one to your collection... I looked on eBay... a friend contacted me and offered to help out... and helped out indeed... In addition to our Cars communities, some will be going to an organization near and dear to me - the Nathan's Playroom sibling support agency (www.NathansPlayroom.org).

We're going to use some of the PCD donation to raise funds to help pay for the site hosting and service fees for next year... others may be used for other events... and some will be awarded as prizes to members of our PCD Community... how other sites will distribute theirs is up to the site... many of us are members of several Cars website communities.

Christmas is coming... we like Cars... as one part of our PCD Christmas Contest, simply post a photo that combines Christmas and Cars in this thread, and you'll be entered in a drawing to win a Frosty... there were some fantastic entries in our Halloween contest - don't be afraid that your picture isn't good enough - everyone who enters will have the same chance to win - we'll award the prizes from this contest in a random drawing.

PCD Moderators and Administrators may enter the contest but are not eligible to win... You may only enter this contest once... There is a limit of one Frosty per PCD member, so if HolleyPup wins a Frosty in this contest, HolleyPup will not be able to win another one in another Christmas contest that we will probably be starting shortly (Note - HolleyPup is my test account and not eligible to wiin)... I'll announce more details on other aspects of our Christmas contest/celebration in the coming days.

The contest begins today, November 23, 2012... The contest will end on December 8, 2012... there will be multiple winners, and we will draw several days during the contest... I'll announce winners as we go.

Winners will only need to pay for the cost of shipping; I'm going to have to go out and buy more boxes and tape and bubblewrap, but that's a small price to pay for this donation that benefits our PCD community.

To our donor, I extend my heartfelt appreciation on behalf of PixarCarsDiecast.com and our members... Thank you.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from PCD.

Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Christmas Contest Entry:

That's my Cars Christmas tree - it's been up since October 2009... I turned extra Cars into ornaments (but I've not added a Finn McMissile or any other Cars2 Cars to it yet)...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

just an odd suggestion..
      why not have a PCD car like the CTT forum?
      that would be some good way to raise fund and being some neat exclusive item for giveaway
      another way of fund raising would be auction some nice cool cars?
      I think members here won't mind contribute in such a manner to the forum fund....

Comment

Xmas cars...I'm in

Anatomical illustrations by Jake Parker

Comment

2009 Christmas gift: Mater Saves Christmas!!

Mater Saves Christmas 2009.jpg

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

do the same rules apply from last competition? Image manipulation allowed?

i can't wait to put my idea together!

Transformers for Trade
            Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Contest Entry...

WOAH! Mater, I really think you outdid yourself this year, I can hardly tell that this is Radiator Springs!

Fillmore and Ramone are excited to see Guido approaching as he drops off his gift to them!

Mater is very excited to meet Santa Claus as he waits in line.

Lightning is plowing the snow off the streets.

Santa is on his way back to the North Pole!

Enjoy!

Comment

nicely done Fillmore! Love it and VERY christmasy

Transformers for Trade

Comment

awesome, hopefully this will get me to get the Christmas decorations out before Dec 8
                  Last edited by jbail10; 12-02-2012, 09:43 PM.
                  I am jbail10... I am also a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Woah - some great entries already!!!

Keep them coming.

We'll be decorating for Christmas next weekend so I'll enter somethign after that

wintermelon - we've started the ball rolling on the PCD custom cars - we just keep forgetting to follow up on it! - nice reminder

Decepiticog - it's ok to manipulate your image (as long as it's your own work...i.e .not stealing others)

Comment

Some fabulous entries... glad to see them.

@GOMATERGO - GOGRANTGO looks so young in the picture... hard to believe that was 3 years ago.

@DeceptiCog - yes - you may modify an image as long as it's your own.

@wintermelon - we have talked about a PCD custom Car - I hope we'll be able to make it a reality.

Comment

Excellent news...thanks for the update!
                        Last edited by DeceptiCog72283; 11-23-2012, 10:52 PM.

Transformers for Trade

Comment

peace.jpg
                          As X-mas decorations will not be unpacked before closing date we just have a message..

Anatomical illustrations by Jake Parker

Comment

Looks like whoever the anonymous member is that is donating the Frosty's sure loves to arrange them in letters! I get more and more excited of the upcoming contests everytime I see it!

Comment

I had to close the page and reopen as I thought my internet was playing random tricks on me.

That us obe awesome photo

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Working...
                              X