Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeaks - another Aussie

Hi,

After seeing the two Aussie mums post intro's I thought I should do the same.

I am a father of two boys and we live in Perth Western Australia. I got the word on this site from Cac1959 when I helped him out with a Frosty. In fact I sent about 26 of them over to US.

Unlike the aussie mums I collect for myself, collecting Cars since 2006 and the Desert Back card series. Right now I have close to 600 including a SOTS that I got at the outset when they were sold by Hot Wheels. As they did not post SOTS overseas I used the American address of a friend of my work graduate (at the time) and then had the parents of my graduates friend send it to Australia. My two sons aged 9 and 7 also loving collecting Cars. In the old days, early on when the Aussie scene was bare or thin I would buy cases and give my sons the duplicates. As a result they each have hundreds of cars as well.

I have seen the face of Cars opportunities change dramatically since I started. It was good then came the Sarge lead scare and retailers stopped stocking except in small quantities. I used to trail the internet and buy from everywhere not just Ebay. I'd search shops in australia and my wife would ring up saying I have seen this, do you have it? I'd give friends lists and say if you see this, then pick it up. Compared to then these are heady days, we may complain in australia that at times there are pegwarmers but in reality more retailers carry the Cars line, we get super chases like Frosty and Flash before the rest of the world. I only got Chases like Whitewalls or stickers LMQ because I got cases they never appeared in Australia, some of the regulars were chases here. In the early days I had so many extras from cases I got from US that one year I gave every kid who came to son's birthday a Car to take home along with their lolly bag.

I have been collecting die cast cars since I was about six and have around 4000 cars ranging from matchbox, corgi, Lesney Hot wheels, to Ertl and others. I like 'movie' cars. I was a strange kid and not only have all my cars from when I was a kid but also many of them in boxes. My pride and joy outside of my Cars is my James Bond Corgi Aston Martin from the movie the Man with the Golden Gun. It is completely intact and still in the box.

I love Australian Rules Football, Soccer (love West Ham United) and Cricket.

I also have a good mate here in Perth who collects Cars and is known to some here as HTB (Hostile Takeover Banker) from TFAD. Mat (aka HTB) is a Good bloke.

I don't post a lot, its a time thing as I have a demanding job plus coach kids in Australian Rules in winter and cricket in summer (its raining now and hence training is cancelled so taking this opportunity to post this). But I do read a lot of the posts.

Always happy to help out my overseas friends where I can. As a rule I don't look to make any profit, simply cost of Car plus postage.

Thats enough waffle from me. apologies if I have bored anybody. Remember you may not hear from me often but I love reading and watching.

Jeaks

Welcome Jeaks,
    Thanks for the intro. Sound like an impressive collection you have there.
    I hope you enjoy this site. We have some great people here.

Comment

Welcome Jeaks! It's the Aussie invasion if I can help you with anything on the East Coast here please let me know! We have the Swans so we aren't half bad

Comment

Hi jeaks...welcome to PCD! I'm glad to see you here and grateful that you were able and willing to help GOMATERGO and I out with Frosty.

Nice to learn more about you... I used to watch Australian Rules Football on tv and having coached in the past know the time it takes... It sounds like you've got a great collection... And as you mentioned, collecting Cars involves a world wide effort... Thank you for joining PCD.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

welcome to the boards!

I still have a few of my childhood cars (read: 8-9 lol), they are pretty banged up, but they are still dear to me.

Happy to have another Australian member

Transformers for Trade
          Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

welcome to PCD jeaks,i like your story and sounds as if you've amassed an immense collection of die-casts throughout your life.
            post some pics of some of your collection if you get the opportunity.

Comment

welcome jeaks!

I am looking in my mail box every day
              I am jbail10... I am also a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by OzzieMum View Post
                Welcome Jeaks! It's the Aussie invasion if I can help you with anything on the East Coast here please let me know! We have the Swans so we aren't half bad
                Thanks Ozzie Mum. I am a Port Adelaide Supporter. I was born in South Australia but my dad came to WA looking for work 40 years (I was six). I have lived here in WA most of my life but my grandad wrapped me up in a Port Adelaide Magpies (the Port Adelaide SA team) tea towel when I was six months old and well you can't change those things.

If there is anything that you think might be here in WA and you need then please let me know

Comment

A warm welcome to you Jeaks...

Comment

Welcome!! Have fun on the site!! Sounds like a very impressive collection you have!

Comment

Welcome to our Family Jeaks !!!

PMcQ

Comment

Great to learn more about the amazing man who helped cac1959 and I out with a Frosty! Dude, you rock!! Glad we swapped and can't wait to help out another friend like you and OzzieMum....you guys will have to team up on the shipping to and from there to save the world some money. Just think you and your fellow Aussies could turn every countries debt around!!!

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

got mine today as well, Thanks so much
                          I am jbail10... I am also a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
                          X