Star Wars Figures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars Figures

Earlier this year when there was a huge dry spell of Cars everywhere, BobbyJack and I started collecting Star Wars figures. I took him to see Episode 1 in 3D when it was released earlier this year and then he wanted to see the other ones I had on DVD. I used to collect Star Wars figures when I was a kid and had almost all the original ones. I lost interest when G.I. Joe and Transformers came out and gave my collection to my little cousins. Big mistake because they ended up destroying them all. Same with my Joes and TFs. Since I wasn't spending any money on Cars or Transformers (we collect those too, but they were as scarce as Cars at the time.) we built up a pretty decent collection.

Clone Wars Era Bounty Hunters

Original Trilogy Bounty Hunters

Clone Wars Era Separatist Commanders

Droid Army

Heroes

Jedi

Sith

Clone Troopers

Storm Troopers
    I can't get over how much better the articulation is on these guys compared to what I had as a kid. Our kids are so lucky.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

i managed to keep my original early 80s figures long enough to sell them on ebay for a reasonable amount five or six years ago

i'm sure for a while the new figures made all the characters look like body builders on steriods compared to the original ones though these look much better

Comment

The Force is strong within your pictures, bobbyjack... My oldest and youngest sons were into Star Wars back in the day... not sure that they still are... I've seen a few items and been tempted.

Thanks for sharing your photos.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I only had one or two Star Wars toys as a kid. And those were passed down to me from my older brothers. I didn't play with them much as I didn't know a whole lot abuot them...and thought my GI Joes were so much cooler.

The new ones are pretty nice. I really like the "retro" packaging they are coming out with for them.

Great looking pieces you have collected so far

Edit: have a few thousand dollars sitting around?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=121030841377 (OżO)
        Last edited by DeceptiCog72283; 12-07-2012, 06:07 PM.

Transformers for Trade
        Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Nice.....

I was expecting to see the original fgures for a minute.....

My only query is Jar Jar Binks = Hero...???!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrBrownstone View Post
            Nice.....

I was expecting to see the original fgures for a minute.....

My only query is Jar Jar Binks = Hero...???!!!
            Of course he is. Without Jar Jar, Palpatine wouldn't have gotten the Emergancy Powers he needed to create the Empire. Everybody hates Jar Jar, but my kids love him, so he gets a pass from me. Even though I cringe whenever he opens his mouth whenever I watch the Prequel Trilogy.

Comment

But that ultimately led to the destruction of the jedi...

I do see how younger children are attracted to him. I can't wait until my son is old enough to watch the films.

When I get there, the big question will be whether to start at episode 1 or 4.

Comment

I think the Jedi's own carelessness and overconfidence caused their own downfall. Couldn't see the threat when it was staring them in the face the whole time. I have been able to find a bunch of 3 packs of different figures in the discount stores, so I'll be able to post more pictures of BobbyJack's growing Clone Army after he opens them on Christmas. My Toys R Us has a whole bunch of the huge Millenium Falcons. Doubt they will sell them all at over $200 each. If BobbyJack continues to like Star Wars, that might be next year's big gift.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBrownstone View Post
                  But that ultimately led to the destruction of the jedi...

I do see how younger children are attracted to him. I can't wait until my son is old enough to watch the films.

When I get there, the big question will be whether to start at episode 1 or 4.
                  4 - do him a favour and never let him near the first three films

Comment

while we're on the subject here's a sample of pics from what i have in my collection
                    a couple of lego sets

these are limited edition studio scale replicas of mace windu and darth maul's lightsabers manufactured by master replicas

also made by master replicas a full studio scale model of the snowspeeder that was used during filming.

the death star,star wars/transformers crossover,some old figs from my childhood and some lego figs

star wars transformers carded editions

and how about this a pic of the millenium falcon from the star wars exhibit at legoland windsor here in the uk,comprising of over 20,000 bricks and took a month and a half to design and build ,it's about 5/6 feet in diameter

Comment

very nice djjd21!

that big millenium falcon is pretty darn awesome. Love legos, keep buggin my gf to buy some, but she hasn't cracked yet lol.

Transformers for Trade

Comment

We didn't get the Millenium Falcon this year but BobbyJack did get his first 2 big ships. They are docked under the Pool Table right now.

We added a couple of figures also...

2 Commando droids.

A few more clones also.

Got a speeder bike too. This one is way cooler than the one I had in 1983.

Comment

sweet additions! I love the way these look. However, my wife would kill me if I were to try and start collecting something else

(Transformers, Cars, some hot wheels, some 1:24 scale cars, video game and movie collectibles...etc...)

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Nice Tom Clancy books, bobbyjack... I have several... Nice Star Wars figures as well.

My wife has told me I can only collect one thing... since I have so many Cars, that's what I'm going to stay with.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

very nice collection
                              i still have all my figures and ships that i got as a child when star wars first came out

Comment

Working...
                              X