Recent Finds: June 2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Finds: June 2011

USPS delivered a singles case E in the mail... nothing new at the local Kmart, Walmart, Meijer, or Kohl's... I may run to a small town Walmart in western Ohio and pick up a few more of the Walmart exclusive Lights and Sounds Spy Mater...

I think a lot of US retailers are going to get stuck with lots of product due to poor ordering of poor case selection.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Congrats on getting Miles and Petrov, cac. I'm surprised you stuck yourself with the rest of the case though.

And unfortunately, you're right about case selection. It's disheartening how quickly stock is stagnating. I know it'll pick up once the movie starts, but I'm not overly optimistic that all those Maters, Finns, and Francescos are just going to fly off the shelves. And the movie moment and the delux cases? Ninja please. Here we go again.

Comment

Originally posted by sodabear View Post
      Congrats on getting Miles and Petrov, cac. I'm surprised you stuck yourself with the rest of the case though.

And unfortunately, you're right about case selection. It's disheartening how quickly stock is stagnating. I know it'll pick up once the movie starts, but I'm not overly optimistic that all those Maters, Finns, and Francescos are just going to fly off the shelves. And the movie moment and the delux cases? Ninja please. Here we go again.

I was able to get the case for $80 delivered, or about $3.34 per Car... I needed some for the open to play with collection and had promised my grandson Finn, McQueen, and Mater... Of course, I found Miles and Petrov singles at a TRU in Florence, Kentucky the day after I ordered the case...

And you're right... it may be a situation where we need to buy at one store and return to another one... but I don't see new Deluxe, 2 pack, or Launcher cases arriving any time soon.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Why has Mattel done this again with the case assortments... cases ABCD are near identical and E too. a couple of different characters between them, not fare. I know the Film hasn't premičred yet so obviously the main characters are going to go down a storm when new generation of collectors are let loose on them. Plus I'm sure the big stores are going to have some great promotions to go with these aswell, So cac whats in abundance now may become obsolete down the line..

Comment

One of my friends from Las Vegas found the new Target 4 pack with the Mini Cooper with the Union Jack flag (McQueen's Fan) today (June 2)... Even though it's got 3 repeats (McQueen, Max Schnell, and Jeff Gorvette) that I already have, I'll be picking up one of these for my collection... I'll put the McQueen's Fan in my display case and give the other 3 to my grandson... I hope that I can find this 4 pack in a store within the next couple of weeks.

Comment

Luigi Ferrari fan, it is moving eyes.

Comment

Stopped at Meijer this morning... found they'd gotten in another case of the first 6 Collect and Connect puzzles - 3 Raoul Caroule and 3 Mater... I bought 5 of the 6 from the first case - no one else has bought any at our Meijer yet... Still no sign of the Finish Line Frenzy game, but according to the website it may be June 10...

Comment

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...FindSrc=search

Comment

Thanks for the link, madbob... TRU had these first at $20.99 and now has cut the price to $18.99... Silver Flames Lightning McQueen... Meijer has the Finish Line Frenzy game listed on their website at $14.99... I wonder if the Meijer version (and other stores) will be the Gold Flames Lightning McQueen that lovemini showed us pictures of... I have a Meijer in town... my nearest Toys R Us is over 50 miles away... that's why I want to see what Finish Line Frenzy Meijer has...

Comment

bout ye rusty, cars are still 3.69 in asda , shore road, but they only have michael caine, give him a by ball,
                    spootted deluxe in asda direct, someone had been at em as again michael caine with wings was the only one left,
                    I also had a hoke around to see if anything had been planted (by yourself), but alas , no

Comment

Bubbles

Comment

mini bumper $ave, enjoy

Comment

Ah check that little BumperSave.... most adorable.

Tesco's Connswater still hasn't any new singles but have got those Action agents in, I got some starwars battle packs instead

Comment

was up in tru, some new stuff, a fisher price range, several 5 packs, and bits and bobs of other plastic toys and sets, spotted a pull back francesco, nice!

Comment

Nice find Chris; I hope the mini cooper comes out as a single soon (or shows up on ebay for a cheap price)

Comment

Working...
                              X