Time for the after Christmas reset

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for the after Christmas reset

Stopped at Meijer this morning to pick up a bag of pretzels... I'd seen new tags for Cars items last night and thought I'd check it out... the good news is there are new Cars items out... the bad news is that none of them are items I'm going to purchase.

Stunt racers, Hydro Cars, Sal, Francesco and McQueen Drifter launchers... notice how the 2 packs and Deluxe are now on the shelf... and their are 12 pegs for singles but only 6 of them have Cars on them (all non-Finns are returns).

Let's see what new playsets are on the bottom... 3 Micro Drifters sets... the Tow Mater yard could be interesting - but since I have the Disney Store version I don't see myself buying it... Lift and Launch Mack...

I asked if they had new singles in the back - the worker wasn't sure and said to check back.

Not sure about new merchandise at Walmart or Kmart... Walmart isn't putting out new stock until they do their reset... Kmart - no sign of anything newer thank Kmart 6 rubber tire racers (again)... but they still have the 2nd case of 2012 2 packs on their website (still not available for shipping)... and big news posted by Met on TakeFiveADay this morning at:

http://www.takefiveaday.com/2013/01/...oing-to-kmart/

Kmart will be getting exclusive Deluxe Cars (Muggsy, Epilogue John Lassetire, and Ivan)... hopefully they'll be available like the Pit Crew Mater exclusive (everywhere) and not the crew chief 2 packs which were very much hit and miss.

Please let us know what your store resets look like when and where you find new Cars.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

May i know what is the playset which is next to the Dinoco Stunt playset which is located at the bottom of the rack.

Thanks for the update! Finally, Ivan, Pitty and John is coming!
    So far this year looks bright! Keep it up Mattel!

Comment

Oh my, I really hope that some retail store in Canada somehow manages to get a hold of those exclusive deluxes!

I was at a local walmart and I swear not a single one has sold since 2 weeks ago when I went (and I'm talking Francesco, Rod, LMQ, Mater, Finn and Petrov)

Transformers for Trade
      Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Originally posted by wintermelon View Post
        May i know what is the playset which is next to the Dinoco Stunt playset which is located at the bottom of the rack.

Thanks for the update! Finally, Ivan, Pitty and John is coming!
        So far this year looks bright! Keep it up Mattel!
        The name of the playset is Radiator Springs Drift Challenge - the Meijer price is $14.99... The Dinoco Stunt Show is $24.99... The Lift and Launch Mack Transporter is $19.99... The Design and Drift Speedway is $19.99

I sure hope we get a good case assortment on the Deluxe Cars and that they are easily found...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

reset cant come quick enough...im starting to get the shakes!! o_O

Comment

My Target is still in the middle of the reset. I want them to put out a Sal so I can decide if I really want to get one or not.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
            http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

no sign of any kind of reset at target, walmart or TRU here
              although all the clearenced cars at my target have been sold or put in the backroom

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
                My Target is still in the middle of the reset. I want them to put out a Sal so I can decide if I really want to get one or not.
                i saw one at my target and it is all plastic with stickers
                not worth having in a collection
                ok if for your kids to play with

Comment

Here are some pictures and comments about some of the newer items from the reset:

Here's the back of the Radiator Springs Drift Challenge:

Front:

It might be fun if I were collecting Micro Drifters... Here's the UPC:

Here's the side of the box of the World Grand Prix Splash Speedway... it makes 3 "tracks":

Here's the UPC of the Splash Speedway:

I'm not going to buy this...

Francesco Rapid Fire Launcher:

Here's the back of the Design and Drift Speedway... a 7 foot track!

It might be worth it...

And as far as the Sal and Mack Transforming Transporters... I'm not going to collect those either:

Of all the new Cars items they put on the shelves or pegs on Thursday, not a single one has sold.

Comment

I"m still really on the fence about transforming transporters. I know they are all plastic...but I think having a Raoul one would be fun to have to go with my future collection of Raouls lol

Transformers for Trade
                    Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Working...
                    X